The Student Room Group

GCSE english Literature essay structure

Hey, i received my 1st draft back of my Of mice and Men different cultures essay for English Literature.

My teacher wrote some feedback saying: your paragraphs can be structured rather awkwardly though.

So how can I improve this essay? ive used a PQE format where i write a point where I would describe a point relating to the question of lonleniess, i would find a quote to back up the point, then explain it. The conclusion and introduction were normal, and for the conclusion i wrote a personal opinion.

Each PQE has a line between each of the point quoation and explanation, i have used TAB on the keyboard for the point or explanation, but i have used it for the quotation.

I really have no idea how to improve this structure as i have to hand it in after christmas.:colondollar:

Im no expert in English/ Lit and need help as weave broke up and we couldn't see our teachers due to MOCKS.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Separate your paragraphs into different themes, e.g. loneliness, human preying, Great Depression, confiding in each other etc etc.

Try to get them to link.
Reply 2
Put the PQE in one paragraph, point followed by quote followed by explanation, no lines or anything, just one big chunk. :smile:
You need to break down your essay. I mean you need to note down the main topic headings for the essay then decide how many paragraphs you want under each topic to cover. if you wish ya can post your essay and we'll try to do the very best we can to help you to break it down. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending