The Student Room Group

AQA- English Literature at AS Level, Literature B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lampshade1
I don't know about coursework, we were very disorganised...not even sure if the teachers have market it yet, they said it'd be top band though! so quite confident with that :smile:
and are you deciding what you're going to do for Section A ?

I have two teachers, one teaches auden&enduring love, the other gatsby and tennyson. The one who teaches tennyson and gatsby are awful, so i'm going to do auden (poems) or enduring love!
You?

And ooh, i think my second c/w is a band 4, so it'll be a band 5 overall.
Reply 21
Original post by racaha
No idea, I haven't been told! :sad: I want to know though. I'm worried that it'll be an low/average mark and I can't change it. You know like when they say it's fine, but I don't know how fine fine is and I'd rather go in with as high a mark as I can get, so I hope it's not going to be left at an okay mark.

We're all doing Gatsby too. :yep:

I hate gatsby |: :L
Reply 22
Original post by racaha
Yeah I find it difficult. I'm just lost haha. :sad:

How about we discuss like Gatsby themes on here? It usually helps me to talk about themes and as we're writing them it could help think about how we structure an argument too.

If we find a past question and discuss that? It might take me a while to reply though, half learning spanish speaking at the same time! :P
Reply 23
Original post by EffKayy
I have two teachers, one teaches auden&enduring love, the other gatsby and tennyson. The one who teaches tennyson and gatsby are awful, so i'm going to do auden (poems) or enduring love!
You?

And ooh, i think my second c/w is a band 4, so it'll be a band 5 overall.

That is such a shame, I love tennyson and Gatsby compared to Enduring Love, can't stand it if I'm honest :P

Section A I'm going to do either Rossetti (poems) or Tennyson
as poems I think I can basically go in knowing techniques, specific setting, narrative technique a lot easier than with the novels.
Revise 13 poems or god knows how many chapters? I though it'd be easier to do the poems but still give myself a choice :smile:
What does everyone think of Enduring Love? i hated it!!
I LOVE rossetti's work though!
Reply 25
Yes, my friend wants to do law :smile: and those topics sound really interesting! I do love History, expecially The European Reformation, it is so interesting as it fits with my interest in theology and religion too. 'Argh sources!' my feelings exactly!!!!! And no, I can't say my revision has been of much quality so far, mostly sat here staring at my textbook. Yes, drama is such a lot of work, I remember GCSE Drama being such a stress, let alone doing if for A-level! I was going to do it for A-level, but the columns didn't work out, so I did Spanish instead :smile:

Ooh, competition :colone: hehe just kidding :ahee: Yeah, I love the French Revolution :biggrin:
:yep: damn sources, another reason for liking the French Revolution because there are no sources.
Ah, at least that's revision related? :biggrin:
Urgh yes! The option blocks are naff, I would have picked different subjects if they'd have been available, but it's worked out well anyway so I'm not too fussed any more. :smile: Yes, it's so stressful, I burst in to tears the other day, I'm far too emotional! I've done the written half of it so there should be less pressure but there isn't!
Reply 26
How about we discuss like Gatsby themes on here? It usually helps me to talk about themes and as we're writing them it could help think about how we structure an argument too.

If we find a past question and discuss that? It might take me a while to reply though, half learning spanish speaking at the same time! :P

That sounds really useful! :yep: Sounds like a good idea :biggrin: Hooray!
Reply 27
Original post by f.chowdhury
What does everyone think of Enduring Love? i hated it!!
I LOVE rossetti's work though!

I like it! I prefer Rossetti to Hardy :yep: I like Maude Clare :awesome:
Reply 28
Original post by racaha
Ooh, competition :colone: hehe just kidding :ahee: Yeah, I love the French Revolution :biggrin:
:yep: damn sources, another reason for liking the French Revolution because there are no sources.
Ah, at least that's revision related? :biggrin:
Urgh yes! The option blocks are naff, I would have picked different subjects if they'd have been available, but it's worked out well anyway so I'm not too fussed any more. :smile: Yes, it's so stressful, I burst in to tears the other day, I'm far too emotional! I've done the written half of it so there should be less pressure but there isn't!

You don't have source questions? What course are you doing? lucky!
Yeah same, nearly changed schools too, but decided against it in the end, I didn't want to go to Grammar and the other was massive! I'd have done totally different subjects had I gone there! And PHEW, I'm not the only who gets so stressed out they cry! :P and my friends are the same, but they all got D's in their written paper....eek! :/
Reply 29
Right guys who are doing Gatsby, let's go for a past question :P

Write about the ways Fitzgerald tells the story in Chapter 9.

AO2 - form structure language
Original post by racaha
I like it! I prefer Rossetti to Hardy :yep: I like Maude Clare :awesome:

Maude Clare is awesome!! My favourite has to be Goblin Market, i love the way it's written!!!
Reply 31
You don't have source questions? What course are you doing? lucky!
Yeah same, nearly changed schools too, but decided against it in the end, I didn't want to go to Grammar and the other was massive! I'd have done totally different subjects had I gone there! And PHEW, I'm not the only who gets so stressed out they cry! :P and my friends are the same, but they all got D's in their written paper....eek! :/

We do have sources but only in the Liberalism topic. :smile:
I could have gone to sixth form college but I preferred the smaller classes that would be left at school, plus it's own clothes there which would have been far too much effort every day. :tongue:

I'd have done maths if I'd have had free choice :eek: Thank you option blocks! :biggrin:
I cry far too much! When I'm sad, when I'm happy, when I'm stressed, when I'm angry! It was so embarrassing though, burst in to tears in front of them and couldn't stop crying once I'd started. :ashamed2:
Oh no! Are they resitting then? I'm quite lucky because with my written paper and coursework I'll only need around 30ish marks in my practical to get an A overall. Obviously I'd rather get as high as possible though because you want it to be good which is why I don't feel any less stressed about it all.
Reply 32
Maude Clare is awesome!! My favourite has to be Goblin Market, i love the way it's written!!!

I prefer Tennyson to Rosetti if any of you do Tennyson, I especially love the Lady of Shalott.
I do like Winter: My Secret though by Rossetti, I think she is messing about with the reader and there is no secret at all! :P
I prefer Tennyson to Rosetti if any of you do Tennyson, I especially love the Lady of Shalott.
I do like Winter: My Secret though by Rossetti, I think she is messing about with the reader and there is no secret at all! :P

Unfortunately we dont get to do tennyson :frown: But i kinda know the lady of shallot story
Oh we're going to study winter: my secret after easter!
The pied piper of hamelin by Browning is reeeeally good!!
Did anyone study the kite runner? Bloody awesome book!
Reply 34
How is the story told in Chapter 9 ? (Gatsby)

The significant time jump of two years demonstrates how Nick, the meta-author as it were, is reflecting on Gatsby's life and his own personal situation. One could suggest that in Nick's reflection he shows how Gatsby's idealism lead him inevitably to this end. This shows how by two years elapsing Nick can look back in retrospect at Gatby's life and be both critical and reasonable.

Anyone else care to venture more thoughts? I've found one way :P
Reply 35

Unfortunately we dont get to do tennyson :frown: But i kinda know the lady of shallot story
Oh we're going to study winter: my secret after easter!
The pied piper of hamelin by Browning is reeeeally good!!
Did anyone study the kite runner? Bloody awesome book!

It is a good poem! So you're not doing Gatsby or Enduring Love? They're my two novels. :P
It is a good poem! So you're not doing Gatsby or Enduring Love? They're my two novels. :P

We are doing enduring love, it is a terrible novel. I hate the narrative style, and the protagonist!!! He is so science-focused and unemotional!!
what do you think of it?:smile:
I have absolutly no idea how my coursework went! I'm doing The Kite Runner, Hardy, The Great Gatsby and Keats(though we've barely started the latter). I'm dreading the exam really ... any advice from anyone?
Reply 38

We are doing enduring love, it is a terrible novel. I hate the narrative style, and the protagonist!!! He is so science-focused and unemotional!!
what do you think of it?:smile:

I'm the same, I HATE enduring love! Joe is so unrealistic!!! The fact that I find the main character so unbelievable makes the mere idea of enjoying the book impossible. The idea of stalking is usually a good story line but Ian McEwan tries to pad it out with his scientific knowledge which just make the characters as boring as hell and unrealistic!
Reply 39
I'm the same, I HATE enduring love! Joe is so unrealistic!!! The fact that I find the main character so unbelievable makes the mere idea of enjoying the book impossible. The idea of stalking is usually a good story line but Ian McEwan tries to pad it out with his scientific knowledge which just make the characters as boring as hell and unrealistic!

Well you can use that for an evaluation point for AO2 (band5-6) :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest