The Student Room Group

Black/mixed-race students

How many are there in your college? Just wondering as a general question, wanted personal answers. I visited for a while a little time ago and noticed there was NO diversity (not debating whether this is a fault/issue), apart from at an AC event hahah. I know it doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.
Reply 1
Original post by Honeyclown
How many are there in your college? Just wondering as a general question, wanted personal answers. I visited for a while a little time ago and noticed there was NO diversity (not debating whether this is a fault/issue), apart from at an AC event hahah. I know it doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.

I am at University now where they are less than fifty black/mixed/South Asian people. At college there were about 20 out of 1000, but this was in rural England and in 2001 :smile:
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
There's 2% black and mixed population in the UK

Are people ****ing stupid or what? Damn

As of 2009 black people were about 3% of the population and mixed race were 2% of the population meaning that every one in twenty should be black or mixed race. There's almost 19000 students at Cambridge and there is not 1000 black or mixed race students.
Reply 3
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
Now take into consideration other factors, like amount of black graduates.... and so on?

It's like going to poland and asking where the **** are all the ****** at lol? STUPID

Law of averages says he is right :smile: so stop moaning plz m8
Reply 4
When i went to the open day, my dad was teh only black person we ever saw in the university (emmanuel college) and i was probably one of few mixed race students :frown:
At my university, there are about 15% Caucasians. You do the maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending