The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

hey guys, anybody in roscoe and gladstone halls on floor E?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Megan Sarah
Have you had a weird email from Grand Central asking for all sorts of details?
xXx

Yep then I finally got through on the phone and they said I definitely have a room reserved just have to wait till someone calls next week about paying the deposit then they'l send the contract. :smile:
Original post by RachelPNE
The self catered halls were £80-90 a week so really not much more ... im payin 114 in catered at dale hall. Every1 was informed at open days etc that as first years we didnt have priority for self catered or en suite as priority went to second yrs families and international students.

Well maybe not for you but on my budget £26 makes quite a difference..

Priority also goes to funded students who come from a long way away, which include myself. Also being on campus is usefull for high contact courses such as vetmed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tink_89
Two of my friends from the foundation course I just did are going into medicine in September and theyre in Prospect too, they carried their app over though as they stayed there this year. Just though I'd let you know you wont be the only medic there. Enjoy :biggrin:

Ahh thanks! :biggrin: Thats good to know! :smile:

Original post by ItsRach
Nice one, have you joined the Prospect Point groups on facebook? Im flat 96 btw :smile:

Yeah I have, im in flat 53F :smile:
Original post by ziggyissocute

Yep then I finally got through on the phone and they said I definitely have a room reserved just have to wait till someone calls next week about paying the deposit then they'l send the contract. :smile:

Ahh thanks, I was freaking out! HaHa xXx
Reply 405

I got an email from grand central too! the email says to contact them if they havent called by 30th of august- but the phoneline ALWAYS seems to be busy whenever i call... so i dont know what to do- should i wait for another day, im worried that they wont have any spaces because i didnt reply in time or sth?!
Reply 406
no worries ive got an email about it now :tongue:
Reply 407
how do you know which accomadation is still available and which isnt? I only applied last night and I haven't heard back :s-smilie:
You can ring up, but what they've been doing is going through everyone who had liverpool as their firm choice, then moving on to people who had liverpool as their insurance, and its on a first come first serve basis.
Liverpool was my insurance and I applied on the 19th, and I got my accommodation this morning :smile: so there are still places for people who have liverpool as their insurance, but you'd have to ring up to find out how many, and as you applied last night you'll be bottom of the list :/
I know that they definitely don't have self-catered or ensuite places left, theres only catered places.
Reply 409
Original post by IsabelMurray
You can ring up, but what they've been doing is going through everyone who had liverpool as their firm choice, then moving on to people who had liverpool as their insurance, and its on a first come first serve basis.
Liverpool was my insurance and I applied on the 19th, and I got my accommodation this morning :smile: so there are still places for people who have liverpool as their insurance, but you'd have to ring up to find out how many, and as you applied last night you'll be bottom of the list :/
I know that they definitely don't have self-catered or ensuite places left, theres only catered places.

thankyou! :smile:
Reply 410
I applied a couple of months ago and got sent an email saying they needed my phone number to contact me about accomodation in grand central (so i gave it to them), but according to the email they should have already phoned everyone the day before or yesterday...:frown: and they havent phoned me yet. I tried to phone their contact helpline for grand central like a thousand times at different parts of the day but i just cant get through. its either they have a busy phoneline or i get an automated voice telling me to leave my name and phone number (which ive done a couple of times just to make sure :tongue:

so i cant contact them unless they phone me... and im worried its leaving it a bit late to sort out the accomodation because of it- i dont want to be homeless!!!:confused:
Reply 411
Original post by susann93
how do you know which accomadation is still available and which isnt? I only applied last night and I haven't heard back :s-smilie:

There's a surplus of student accomodation in Lpool, but you can ring up the accomodation helpline. You won't hear back this soon, it's the busiest time of year, give it til the middle of next week
I believe there'll be a room free in my flat in Grand Central soon - one girl has dropped out and transferred to a Unite building in Manchester. It still says "Pending Cancellation" on the Flatmates page, but there might be waiting list so I don't know! I just thought I'd point it out though for anyone who might still be looking for a room.
Reply 413
i am currently living in a student home situated in anfield in liverpool approx 1.8 miles away from the town centre which is where all the liverpool unis are sitauted. already there is me and a male living there and we both go to john moores university, there is 4 more double rooms available for reallty cheap, the house is really big and we need more studemts to liven the place up so if anybody is interested you can contact me on 07943630887 and i will be happy to talk to you about fees ect :smile::smile: thanksssss
does anyone know about how to pay the rent, ive checked in and everything and ive already moved in for a couple of days- but my rent is due by direct debit, so does this mean that i dont have to do anything? ive also checked my account and nothings been taken out. this is for unite so i think they charge extra if you pay it late :s
Reply 415
Original post by flamingo2003
does anyone know about how to pay the rent, ive checked in and everything and ive already moved in for a couple of days- but my rent is due by direct debit, so does this mean that i dont have to do anything? ive also checked my account and nothings been taken out. this is for unite so i think they charge extra if you pay it late :s

If you've set up the direct debit then you won't have to do anything.
Reply 416

I found myself in the same situation and i had the direct debit but you have to make the payment each time, cus they dont take it out automatically, strange i know but there you go!
Original post by tia.may
I found myself in the same situation and i had the direct debit but you have to make the payment each time, cus they dont take it out automatically, strange i know but there you go!

so what did you do? did you pay them via online payment? but i thought direct debit was different... and would they overcharge you seeing as ive paid it late?
Reply 418

so what did you do? did you pay them via online payment? but i thought direct debit was different... and would they overcharge you seeing as ive paid it late?

I just paid online, and yes i thought it was 'direct' so to speak but no i wasnt charged a late fee or anything :smile:
Reply 419
to anyone who previously stayed in halls.. where would you recommend and why? Also, what do you think of Prospect Point?

If you could answer I'd be REALLY grateful! thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending