The Student Room Group

Best and Worst fans that have come to your ground

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 122025278
I hope no Sheffield Wednesday fans say Liverpool...

We weren't even playing on that day, it was Nottingham Forest v Liverpool in a FA cup match, so we shouldn't have any opinion of Liverpool fans regarding that day, simply because we weren't there. Besides, it is widely accepted that the blame was due to lack of police control, not fans.

Best: Obviously most of the ones already mentioned in this thread, but another one would be Norwich, they always took lots to ours despite being far away.

Worst: So many, never really seen Scunthorpe come with many despite being pretty close.
Original post by hbk4894
x

Original post by Hantheman
x

Original post by 1L8A7D9
x

Original post by DotComBoom
x

With respect, Wigan is a rugby league town, so there aren't all that many football fans
Reply 22
Original post by The Real Quaid
With respect, Wigan is a rugby league town, so there aren't all that many football fans

Never said it was their fault!
Best in terms of atmosphere: Swansea. But of course a fierce derby like that is always going to have an amazing atmosphere. Or Leicester for the playoff semi final.
Worst: Bristol City. They hardly bring anyone over, which is crazy considering its less than an hour journey.

I prefer away games these days though. The CCS is pretty soulless.
Original post by 122025278
Anyone who's ever been to a football match knows what the relationship between fans and police is.

Yep. Some members of the police think every football fan is a violent monster and act such as that.
Reply 24
worst: millwall, absolute scum when they come selhurst park
Original post by L18
Best - Lille. Stoke. Blackpool.

Worst - Wigan, Bolton just for their appaling away numbers despite being less than 50 miles away

been to your ground and tbh its not all its cracked up to be.. still has old posts which block out views so isnt too good so not surprised bolton and wigan take not many fans

BEST: Arsenal

WORST: Liverpool - never sung once for the amount of fans that they brought & Millwall as they ripped seats out of the stands and caused fighting with families.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by The Real Quaid

no its not. The football now average more on attendances then the rugby so your statement isnt correct :smile:
Original post by SarahLaura
been to your ground and tbh its not all its cracked up to be.. still has old posts which block out views so isnt too good so not surprised bolton and wigan take not many fans

WORST: Liverpool - never sung once for the amount of fans that they brought & Millwall as they ripped seats out of the stands and caused fighting with families.

Obvious troll. Liverpool fans are well known to have some of the best away fans in the country. And every other person has said Wigan, and Bolton has cropped up many times. Wigan took less than a thousand to Swansea which was shocking i thought! How are they PL with support that bad!?
Original post by Gob Bluth
Obvious troll. Liverpool fans are well known to have some of the best away fans in the country. And every other person has said Wigan, and Bolton has cropped up many times. Wigan took less than a thousand to Swansea which was shocking i thought! How are they PL with support that bad!?

lol im anything but a troll thanks. they might have some of the best fans at home (anfield) liverpool has been the best atmosphere i have been to but when i have seem them away they never sung once to say there was around 4000 of them. Wigan may have cropped up but before you say wigan took less then a thousand they was only allocated around 1k+ anyway and it was 4-5hours for travelling to get there. if you know your facts youd also know that they are the youngest team in the PL and have about 5 other PL teams around them so people decided to support them before they was around.

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 29
Best - Probably Leeds, Huddersfield towards the end of last season (as they were on an unbeaten run and a big promotion push) and the same for Millwall towards the end of the 09 season

Worst - Hereford, Fulham
Original post by mikeylawson
I must admit I always like the Merseyside Derby. Us Evertonians and the Liverpudlians have a very respectful relationship. Very little in the way of civil war.

you obviously have never met my uncle argueing with him over football the other day and he was losing (he said liverpool are the most in debt club in the country i reminded him that part of the coursts decision to sell the club to our current owners was they pay off the debt with in the first year, making us completely debt free)

so he started the murderer slants, yer hes an idiot

any how

best purely on amount they bring to the ground united (and i love the banter as-well mainly cause its not just football banter but city banter, they also have the decency to respect the dead Munich may have something to do with that but respect is still welcome.)

worst bolton considering there like 5 minutes away they really could fill there allocation more :/

who do you support?

casue i can pretty much gurentee your lieing unless we deemed you unworthy of course
Reply 32
Original post by hbk4894
which clubs have brought the best and worst fans to your ground that you can remember of all time

Best

Manchester City , Arsenal , Stoke City - always sell their allocation out and are always very loud

Worst

Wigan - only 1500 to the Reebok when we regularly take 3000 to their place
Fulham - only bring a handful of people who dont sing very much

Yay another Bolton fan! Yh Wigan have **** support, but they're more of a rugby league town tbh
Original post by kopite493
who do you support?

casue i can pretty much gurentee your lieing unless we deemed you unworthy of course

Well if you haven't cottoned on yet im a Wigan fan.. And I know what you will say now. But you can't get by the fact everytime they have been to us they have only ever sung once which was our first season in PL with the legendary 'we've won it 5 times' other then that it's been quiet every other time plus you can't really say were unworthy of cause because it's always been a good match when we have played you at ours. but not knocking Liverpool I like um especially over everton and the man u scum :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 34
Best - Cardiff City, although as it was FA Cup, they had the whole Shed End, whereas most away teams get half at best. Have to say on that day, they completely out sang us, despite losing 4-1.

United fans are always great, they bring a fantastic atmosphere. Barca fans were good as well.

Worst - Fulham, despite us being their biggest derby, they never bring many fans and hardly make any noise. Was disappointed with Newcastle fans as well, nowhere near as good as I hoped/expected.
Well if you haven't cottoned on yet im a Wigan fan.. And I know what you will say now. But you can't get by the fact everytime they have been to us they have only ever sung once which was our first season in PL with the legendary 'we've won it 5 times' other then that it's been quiet every other time plus you can't really say were unworthy of cause because it's always been a good match when we have played you at ours. but not knocking Liverpool I like um especially over everton and the man u scum :biggrin:

tbf i have no idea why west brom is one of like 5 teams from last years prem id never seen us play away

and considering the 15 i did go to included blackpool and stoke i really cant see why we didnt sing its not like us at all :/ i can only put it down to a rare bad day and on behalf of the kop i apologize for are appalling display at the hawthorns :colondollar:

edit:after looking at the fixtures we played away to west brom at the end of october a time if my memory serves me right we all thought hicks was going to keep control as we were under the impression they were getting a loan extension , in other words we had the future of a club more on are minds than the football itself...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kopite493
tbf i have no idea why west brom is one of like 5 teams from last years prem id never seen us play away

and considering the 15 i did go to included blackpool and stoke i really cant see why we didnt sing its not like us at all :/ i can only put it down to a rare bad day and on behalf of the kop i apologize for are appalling display at the hawthorns :colondollar:

edit:after looking at the fixtures we played away to west brom at the end of october a time if my memory serves me right we all thought hicks was going to keep control as we were under the impression they were getting a loan extension , in other words we had the future of a club more on are minds than the football itself...

im not a west brom fan i said wigan :P there the pooest team :smile: but id happily take the appology anyway :wink:
Original post by Bromers
Yay another Bolton fan! Yh Wigan have **** support, but they're more of a rugby league town tbh

we may have **** support but it defiantly isn't a rugby town if you look at statistics :wink:
im not a west brom fan i said wigan :P there the pooest team :smile: but id happily take the appology anyway :wink:

lol my bad still replace west brom with wigan and the hawthorns with DW stadium :colondollar:
Best: Millwall, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Stevenage, Plymouth (for bringing close to a thousand on a tuesday night!)

Worst: So many to name, Hereford and Dagenham spring to mind. Also huddersfield, they brought 2 to 3 thousand, beat us 3-1, and we still didn't hear a peep from them.

Quick Reply

Latest