The Student Room Group

Electrical and Electronic Engineering Thread 2012 Applicants

Has anyone got an offer from university for Electrical and Electronic Engineering???
What grades was the offer given on

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UnknownPerson
Has anyone got an offer from university for Electrical and Electronic Engineering???
What grades was the offer given on

Yes I have 2 offers and 2 interviews.
Southampton: AAA
Bath AAB
UCL Interview
Bristol Interview
Cardiff nothing yet.
Reply 2
Got an Offer from University of Liverpool :biggrin:::biggrin::biggrin:
UCL Offer! :biggrin: Other unis seem to process EEE slower than other depts. :frown: Is it alphabetical, like civil and chemical eng before electrical? :P
Original post by purplesparks14
UCL Offer! :biggrin: Other unis seem to process EEE slower than other depts. :frown: Is it alphabetical, like civil and chemical eng before electrical? :P

Can i ask when did you send off your ucas form ?! how long did it take to hear from then ?!!
Original post by JessicaBallie
Can i ask when did you send off your ucas form ?! how long did it take to hear from then ?!!

About a month? I applied on the 19th of Sept, got the offer early last week. :smile:
Reply 6
Thats quite surprising. I thought they weren't giving out offers without interviews. I have an interview in two weeks. Did you already have an interview?
Reply 7
im still waiting for southampton to say they have got my ucas application! other than that, i havent had any offers yet but to be fair my school only sent mine on 21st october so i guess I'll have to wait a bit. where has everyone applied to?
Reply 8
If anyone is considering Leeds I'd recommend it for EEE. I'm only 1-2 months into the course but so far, it's great. The dept is fantastic and all the engineering depts here work together very cohesively!

I only say this because at this time last year, I was in the same position as you guys and the only thing I really had to go by was uni rankings.

good luck!
Original post by MrT135

Original post by MrT135
Thats quite surprising. I thought they weren't giving out offers without interviews. I have an interview in two weeks. Did you already have an interview?

I'm an overseas applicant. :smile: So prolly they skipped the interviews procedure. :smile: GOOD LUCK!
Got an offer from Cardiff, Liverpool and Interview from Brunel :\ ... Has anyone got an interview?
On the UCL webistee it says that they ask technical questionss..is this commonn?! I dont have the best of grades so im thinking they might want me to justifyy my knowledge! or is it just casual ? Im scarredd :/
Reply 12
I got interview invitation from Imperial...gonna go there on the 14th of december.
Havent heard anything from UCL Bath or Warwick yet though... Maybe the fact that im international delay's the process...not sure.

Has anybody gotten offer's for any of these uni's?

Thanks
Reply 13
Original post by chaosdestro0
Yes I have 2 offers and 2 interviews.
Southampton: AAA
Bath AAB
UCL Interview
Bristol Interview
Cardiff nothing yet.

Hey, congrats for the offers!
How long did Bath take to give you the offer?
thanks in advance!
Reply 14
I got an offer from Bath on Wednesday (MEng, AAB), I sent my UCAS off the previous Tuesday. Nothing from the other Unis yet (Bristol, Cardiff, Loughborough and Sheffield, acknowledgements from all) :smile:
anyone heard from Leicester?
(edited 12 years ago)
unconditional from Glasgow for highers AAABB :smile:
Pretty much the same as the above poster, unconditional for Glasgow with AAAAA highers. :smile:
Original post by Electronica
Pretty much the same as the above poster, unconditional for Glasgow with AAAAA highers. :smile:

Awesome! What Uni you wanting to study at? :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Estelle123
im still waiting for southampton to say they have got my ucas application! other than that, i havent had any offers yet but to be fair my school only sent mine on 21st october so i guess I'll have to wait a bit. where has everyone applied to?

I got my offer in the last few days of January. Never got confirmation. ymmv

Quick Reply

Latest