The Student Room Group

Gcse maths edexcel higher linear exam in november 2011

I GOT A MATHS EXAM IN NOVEMBER.

I WANTED TO KNOW CAN 2 TOPICS COME UP ON BOTH PAPERS ( CALCULATOR AND NON-CALCULATOR ) ?

E.g IF PROBABILITY CAME UP IN PAPER 1 (CALCULATOR) DOES THIS MEAN IT WONT COME UP IN PAPER 2 (NON- CALCULATOR) ?

OR AM I WRONG?

ALSO CAN SOMEONE FIND ME THE BOTH EDEXCEL HIGHER LINEAR JUNE 2011 EXAM PAPERS? (I KNOW THE ANSWERS ARE ON A DIFFERENT THREAD BUT I WANT THE PAPERS)

I TRIED TO FIND THEM BUT I CANT.
Reply 1
Can anyone help me pleeeaaaasssseeeee?
Reply 2
It is unlikely that a topic will come up in both papers but it can happen. If you have a question worth a lot of marks on probability in paper 1 then it is not likely to come up in paper 2. However, I have done papers where there are questions of the same topic on both papers but these are not usually worth many marks. :smile:
Original post by Vorsah

I WANTED TO KNOW CAN 2 TOPICS COME UP ON BOTH PAPERS ( CALCULATOR AND NON-CALCULATOR ) ?

E.g IF PROBABILITY CAME UP IN PAPER 1 (CALCULATOR) DOES THIS MEAN IT WONT COME UP IN PAPER 2 (NON- CALCULATOR) ?

OR AM I WRONG?

ALSO CAN SOMEONE FIND ME THE BOTH EDEXCEL HIGHER LINEAR JUNE 2011 EXAM PAPERS? (I KNOW THE ANSWERS ARE ON A DIFFERENT THREAD BUT I WANT THE PAPERS)

I TRIED TO FIND THEM BUT I CANT.

I've sent you a PM.

Yes topics can come up on both papers.

Note that the first paper (paper 3) is non-calculator and paper 4 is calculator
Reply 4
Original post by Vorsah

OR AM I WRONG?

Your example is very broad, for a specific topic like draw a cumulative frequency graph and estimate some answers from it..... that would only appear once but something as broad as 'probability' there'll probably be questions on both papers.

Mathswatch are very good at predicting what topics are most likely to come up on the second paper after the first one has happened.
http://www.mathswatch.co.uk/

have a look at their site the day after your first exam.

Several teachers are also usually kind enough to post their educated opinions on it in the maths forum.
Reply 5
Original post by tiny hobbit
I've sent you a PM.

sent u my email send the papers asap.

many thanks
Reply 6
Original post by tiny hobbit
I've sent you a PM.

Thanks where did you find these from?
if you are doing the new spec or the old one it very unlikely that both questions will come up- ur teacher should have told you about what paper you will be doing but because you are doing linear the papers will properly be different ( one calculator one none calculator). im going to be doing a maths exam to in november 2011 but mine is modula
Reply 9

So... What does that mean?
Original post by flimbys101
So... What does that mean?

It means that this exam is yet to be taken in some Centres and you are giving other candidates clues about the answers. You must not discuss this at this time on this site.
Reply 11
Original post by Mr M
It means that this exam is yet to be taken in some Centres and you are giving other candidates clues about the answers. You must not discuss this at this time on this site.

We are only discussing the paper in general, not the questions
Original post by flimbys101
We are only discussing the paper in general, not the questions

Read the link I provided - any discussion = 10 warning points.

Latest