The Student Room Group

Lost 93lbs (Before + after pics!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Well done, you should be proud of yourself.
Reply 41
The NHS should employ you to go round to every person having gastric band surgery because losing weight is "to hard" as proof that determination is all it takes in most cases. Well done, you should be insanely proud of yourself.
Reply 42
Yeah, that's right, I negged the OP.
WHAT?! There were 52 reps and no negs it was too tempting :P
Oh btw congratulations.
Well done :h:

Awesome stuff! And an inspiration to others.
gosh, that is actually fantastic...you look fabulous. can't believe it's only taken 10 months, that's astonishingly quick.

you've made me feel quite ashamed that i haven't been for a run in about two months, and I KNOW i've put on a few pounds. running on wednesday, no excuses! thanks for the bit of motivation :smile:
I remember looking at your blog ages ago...it's amazing you've kept it up! You look amazing too :biggrin:

But you didn't look bad at all before either...
Reply 46
You really are an inspiration :biggrin:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Okay this is more for my own records than anything else so I have things to link to in my blog, but thought I might as well share with you guys!

I know there are a lot of people out there wanting to know how to lose weight, or knowing they should but lacking the motivation.

Let me tell you a little bit about me, just quickly. I've always been big. The photo that is my "before" photo isn't me at my biggest. There's probably a difference of around 4 stone between the two photos. The bigger ones are just too upsetting for me to look at, never mind post for the world to see.

Just wanted to post these to show you that it can be done. I still have a while to before my goal weight, but if anyone wants to see pics at that point (assuming I get there) I shall post those as well when the time comes. Either in this thread or I'll make another as it'll be long dead by then.

Here is the photo. Do excuse the "after" photo face.. that's my "I can't concentrate on holding the camera still and smile at the same time" face :P.

You can tell the most difference on my waist. You can tell the difference in my face, too, but not on that particular photo. There are plenty more on my blog (link in sig) if you're interested.

Also incase you're interested, the "before" photo are size 20 jeans and size 18 top. The "after" photo is a size 12 dress (although it is a big size 12, I'm under no illusions that I'm *actually* at an average size 12 just yet) from George at Asda.

Spoiler

As for HOW I lost the weight, there really is no secret. I stopped eating rubbish and started exercising. But I am incredibly proud of myself, as I've struggled with my weight since I was young, and I'm so proud that I've managed to do something positive about it this time.

I know I'll probably get some idiots posting comments like "but you're still ugly" (yes, I've had PMs saying that lol some people are lovely!!) but if this thread can motivate even one person, or give them a little push towards making them a healthier person, then it was worth posting.

Wow! I admire you and respect you so much for this! :smile: What a massive difference. You look so much healthier in the second picture. You look like a different person! How did people react to your drastic change in appearance?

And I cant believe anyone would go out of their way to PM you that when first of all its not true at all and second of all, why would you even say that to someone?! They're just jel. I cant imagine how proud I you must feel!
(edited 12 years ago)
Well done lovie!

Also I think it's disgusting someone would go to the effort to PM you to be nasty. What a rude bastard.
Original post by DonJuan

Oh btw congratulations.

You're such a rebel...

OP, great work, you should be proud
Reply 50
Congrats!!!! What an excellent achievement!! :biggrin:
Excellente!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Now this person, ladies and gentleman is a genius of hard work.
Well done, you look amazing!
Original post by DonJuan
Oh btw congratulations.

Lol thanks! :biggrin:

Original post by Trigger
The NHS should employ you to go round to every person having gastric band surgery because losing weight is "to hard" as proof that determination is all it takes in most cases. Well done, you should be insanely proud of yourself.

Ooh I'd love to do that. Makes me feel incredibly sad when people turn to surgery because they simply don't believe in themselves.

Original post by ilovefashion90
Wow! I admire you and respect you so much for this! :smile: What a massive difference. You look so much healthier in the second picture. You look like a different person! How did people react to your drastic change in appearance?

And I cant believe anyone would go out of their way to PM you that when first of all its not true at all and second of all, why would you even say that to someone?! They're just jel. I cant imagine how proud I you must feel!

Thank you :-). People who haven't seen me for years are a bit shocked. Those around me are all very supportive. I get a lot of comments on Facebook (they get spammed with photos all the time lol) saying how amazing I look etc. It's encouraging to know that all these people are behind me, even though I don't know most of them!

Thank you EVERYONE for your kind words. If I'd known everyone would be this nice, I would have done it YEARS ago!
You must feel amazing - congratulations :biggrin:
Reply 55
Wow, that's amazing, well done :smile:. How long did it take you to lose 72 lbs?
Reply 56

Thank you EVERYONE for your kind words. If I'd known everyone would be this nice, I would have done it YEARS ago!

why wouldn't they ? you did something positive
You're genuinely such an inspiration! Well done, you look amazing. :yes:
Reply 58
Okay this is more for my own records than anything else so I have things to link to in my blog, but thought I might as well share with you guys!

I know there are a lot of people out there wanting to know how to lose weight, or knowing they should but lacking the motivation.

Let me tell you a little bit about me, just quickly. I've always been big. The photo that is my "before" photo isn't me at my biggest. There's probably a difference of around 4 stone between the two photos. The bigger ones are just too upsetting for me to look at, never mind post for the world to see.

Just wanted to post these to show you that it can be done. I still have a while to before my goal weight, but if anyone wants to see pics at that point (assuming I get there) I shall post those as well when the time comes. Either in this thread or I'll make another as it'll be long dead by then.

Here is the photo. Do excuse the "after" photo face.. that's my "I can't concentrate on holding the camera still and smile at the same time" face :P.

You can tell the most difference on my waist. You can tell the difference in my face, too, but not on that particular photo. There are plenty more on my blog (link in sig) if you're interested.

Also incase you're interested, the "before" photo are size 20 jeans and size 18 top. The "after" photo is a size 12 dress (although it is a big size 12, I'm under no illusions that I'm *actually* at an average size 12 just yet) from George at Asda.

Spoiler

As for HOW I lost the weight, there really is no secret. I stopped eating rubbish and started exercising. But I am incredibly proud of myself, as I've struggled with my weight since I was young, and I'm so proud that I've managed to do something positive about it this time.

I know I'll probably get some idiots posting comments like "but you're still ugly" (yes, I've had PMs saying that lol some people are lovely!!) but if this thread can motivate even one person, or give them a little push towards making them a healthier person, then it was worth posting.

well done
that is one hell of a transformation. Imagine what 72 pounds of fat must look like, it could probably fill a wheelbarrow.

Quick Reply