The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Physics interview at Manchester

Scroll to see replies

I saw some applicants being toured around the campus today whilst I was sat outside the library, purely accidentally. That was me a week ago! Ha^2
(edited 12 years ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Yea as the post above said, league tables give an idea but don't trust them too much on which is 'better' than the other. I don't think Manchester is better than Oxford or Durahm for physics to be honest =/
I have had my interview today. (I was the only one from Europe)
Everything went well, I am expecting a conditional offer in the next two weeks.

Am I allowed to talk about my interview?

Ps: do you know if manchester rejects some applicant? (it is not my case, but the application proccess seems too easy).
Reply 83
Has anyone elso got nothing from Manchester yet? I sent my application off on 10th November and I've only recieved the acknowledgement :frown: Does that mean I'm less likely to get an offer?:confused:
You sent it just 13 days ago, relax!!
Original post by edo1493
You sent it just 13 days ago, relax!!

What type of things did you talk about in your interview and were there anhy academic questions? Also how good is the 'buffet'?
Reply 86
Original post by edo1493

Ps: do you know if manchester rejects some applicant? (it is not my case, but the application proccess seems too easy).

I hope you can talk about it :wink: I have mine really really soon, did they say how much it materred and did they ask you technical questions?
Ok let's say something..
I didn't eat anything (too nervous), so I don't know how the buffet was.
When I arrived an undergraduate told me that probably they were going to test my skills, because I wasn't doing A-levels. Before the interview ++++ told us that we all would have got offers. My interviewer was really interested about my EC's, we talk about them for a while; then she asked me if I had questions for her and then we changed topic. No technical questions at all!
I enjoyed my interview and I wasn't nervous because we talked about me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by edo1493

Oh, was that you "getting your offer reduced" for asking a lot of questions?

PS. has your offer come through yet?
(edited 12 years ago)
Regarding the offer they said two weeks.
I really don't understand your first question xD. What did you mean?
Original post by edo1493
Regarding the offer they said two weeks.
I really don't understand your first question xD. What did you mean?

Just trying to figure out who you were out of everyone there
I didn't have any problem and it didn't reduce anything. I have other choices and it was the first time I was in Manchester so I was full of questions during the interview.
Original post by edo1493
I didn't have any problem and it didn't reduce anything. I have other choices and it was the first time I was in Manchester so I was full of questions during the interview.

Were there many people there?
Yep, I guess we were 30 or maybe more.
I have mine on Tuesday and I've got to say I'm falling in love with Manchester simply because this interview doesn't sound threatening at all. Still worried they're going to ask me some sneaky question involving a jumble of es and is and concepts I have no idea about. Should I look over all of my current maths and physics material (not that much but I'm really lazy about collecting it all....) ?

edit: after my interview I can safely say that the answer to this is no, you probably don't have to.
(edited 12 years ago)
Conditional offer!
They have been very fast.
Original post by edo1493
Conditional offer!
They have been very fast.

Did you ask them about how strict they were on meeting the conditional offer?
If you don't get the right score, they will see your interviewer's analysis about you and they will decide. So the interview is mostly important for this, if you don't meet the conditional (which is pretty high).
Original post by edo1493
If you don't get the right score, they will see your interviewer's analysis about you and they will decide. So the interview is mostly important for this, if you don't meet the conditional (which is pretty high).

How long after the visit day/interview thing did you get your offer, any quicker than 2 weeks? And was it A*AA? (congrats by the way!)
Original post by ThreeCheers
How long after the visit day/interview thing did you get your offer, any quicker than 2 weeks? And was it A*AA? (congrats by the way!)

I got an offer 3-4 days after the interview

Quick Reply

Latest