The Student Room Group

Strangest things a teacher's said to YOU? Version 2.0

Scroll to see replies

In a Maths lesson I asked my teacher whether I should use the amount of decimal places or the amount of sig fig for S1 and she replied with;

'It's totally up to you but I'm more of a DP girl myself.'

Obviously in a class of boys it was hilarious but she didn't get the hidden meaning.
'Thats so anal'
"I'd like to see you in bed for once."

Edit: Before everyone thinks I'm this massive slut who sleeps with teachers, it was my lovely old politics teacher who said it because I always used to arrive to his friday morning lesson hungover with little or completely no sleep...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by kka25
:eek4:

Did they file a complain?? **** going on with that teacher lol. How old were you guys at the time?

I think the guy is from france, i have a friend from France and he told me that the tutors are very racist anyways, som im guessing most of the faculty will be
Probably not really weird to most but: my maths teacher walked in to lesson (while we were all seated chatting etc) and just said 'soz'...like casually

Why is it that maths teachers are always the quirkiest/weirdest :tongue:
Reply 85
This has to be one of the funniest things i've heard a teacher say. Their's a boy (who weights A LOT - no disrespect to him), and the teacher said to him (as a joke): you're a human been bag, i can sit on you and play X-box. At the time it was so funny.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 86
i think it was year 10 and my horrible spanish teacher moved me to the front of the class for some reason and he said to do my work and i said but my pen is over there and he said how about i punch you in the face and you write with your blood. i was very shocked :O
Original post by MacCuishy
My head of sixth is called "Chalky Balls". Everybody hates him so the leavers thought it would be funny to play a prank on him.

They realised that he liked to wipe his crotch on the side of the desk, so they covered it in chalk and before you know it he's got Chalky balls. The name stuck

:sexface:

:rofl: This is win.
Reply 88
Our maths teacher (who looks pretty weird, and didn't crack a single joke in the entirety of 1st year A-level maths) introduced us to forces in mechanics by playing the youtube video to 'Can You Feel The Force' by The Real Thing and adding his own... awful falsetto vocals over the top
I once had a teacher that answered her phone and just as the room went quiet she said "Can't you wait till I get home?" then there was a pause and she said "Honestly I'll do it" so technically she didn't say it to me but it was weird also I'm pretty sure that it's not what we were all thinking
Reply 90
RS teacher in year 7:

The word 'phile' orginates from the Greek word 'philos' which means loving.

The word 'paedo' orginates from the Greek word 'pais' which means child.

I love children...... I'm a paedophile

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 91
Another one...

Maths teacher couple of years ago to a girl in my class:

please invite me to your wedding because I want to meet the guy who's mad enough to marry you!
Reply 92
Original post by Ventura7
I think the guy is from france, i have a friend from France and he told me that the tutors are very racist anyways, som im guessing most of the faculty will be

Well that's not so great to hear. I wonder if graduate students would be treated the same :s-smilie:
Original post by kka25
Well that's not so great to hear. I wonder if graduate students would be treated the same :s-smilie:

No they would not be, grad schools are not like secondary schools.
Reply 94
One time someone was giving out books and had missed me out so I asked him for one and my english teacher was like "Why don't you wait for him to sit down and then ask for one? You seem like that kind of girl." Seemed a bit odd.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 95
i had a 24 year old politics teacher at A2. He would constantly have casual conversations with students in lessons so I can't really keep count on the amount of un-teacher like things he's said. We all knew he was one of us when he said ''It's okay to say ****. See? ****. ****. I'm also saying ****.''
Original post by InadequateJusticex
It didn't happen to me, but my teacher once said to a student 'You've been in my class for 2 years. If you opened your mouth a little more, I'd be a lot happier'. My friend and I were the only one to see the dirty side to it :biggrin:

:rofl:
Original post by alexmagpie
When I had a cold, my female English teacher told me I sounded sexy.

Fair enough :biggrin:
One of my teacher's in school had a tendency to come out with unintentionally dodgy lines. Like...

(Asking someone to wipe the board)
"Can someone come and rub this for me?"

I was the only one that burst out laughing...

or

"I'm having a really bad period guys"
Reply 99
Original post by Octohedral
No strange random things, but my teacher loved that rhyme for remembering sulphuric acid in Chemistry;

"Johnny was a Chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
What Johnny thought was H2O
Was H2SO4."

He also taught us the blast furnace order with the phrase "the slag always comes out on top", which was deeply shocking to a rather sheltered year 8.

my chemistry teacher used to say these two things as well! i wonder if its the same teacher ha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending