The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene and dental therapy 2012 entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aniqah
Ahh I'm so happy! Yeah we areeee :P well see each other on the taster day too! Yayyy. Mine was meant to be at 11.25 but they were running late so it was about 12ish. I met two othe girls before my interview didn't see anyone else :/ I actually thought id get rejected interview didn't go thatttt well!

Heyyy firstly congratulations on getting an offer!!! I've got an interview with bham nxt wk and i am SO nervous :/ i was wondering if you could pretty pleaase help me out and let me know what sorts of q's u were asked as you've got your offer! and btw did u take anything with you to show manual dexterity and all that jazz lol

(p.s- this question goes out to all those who have got offers from bham, i'd be extremely grateful if you could help me out :colondollar:) xxxx
Reply 201
Just found out that I've been rejected from Birmingham :frown: *sigh* I wish they told me earlier on and instead of making me wait for 2 months and then reject me.

Those who have offers at Birmingham, what grades do you all need? And CONGRATS :biggrin:
Original post by ellbails
Is there any advice you can give me on the birmingham interview, i have mine in 2 weeks.

You've just got to be yourself, all they want to see is your personality and how much you want to be a hygienist therapist. Worked for me :smile: sure you'll be fine!
Reply 203
Original post by monkey.business

Heyyy firstly congratulations on getting an offer!!! I've got an interview with bham nxt wk and i am SO nervous :/ i was wondering if you could pretty pleaase help me out and let me know what sorts of q's u were asked as you've got your offer! and btw did u take anything with you to show manual dexterity and all that jazz lol

(p.s- this question goes out to all those who have got offers from bham, i'd be extremely grateful if you could help me out :colondollar:) xxxx

Heyy they just asked stuff like why bham why dht about my a levels and manual dexterity. Its really just about your personality and the course. I took my textiles work to show them. You'll be fine! Good luck :smile:
Reply 204
anybody who's been on the teesside interview, do we need to bring something to show manual dexterity?
Reply 205
Original post by nicsxox
anybody who's been on the teesside interview, do we need to bring something to show manual dexterity?

They didn't ask if I had anything to show them and there wasn't really a time to mention I had something but its always good to have something and if there is a chance to show them then it'll be good
Reply 206
Original post by Bev.M
They didn't ask if I had anything to show them and there wasn't really a time to mention I had something but its always good to have something and if there is a chance to show them then it'll be good

Thankyou :smile: Btw may I ask, what type of questions did they ask you?
Reply 207
hi guys,

firstly big congrats to all of those who have a place at birmingham thats amazing.
ive only applied to liverpool for the diploma course just wondering out of you who have applied to liverpool who has opted for the degree and who for the diploma?

im so desperate to hear back from them just hope we hear begining of feb rather than the end :frown:
Reply 208
Original post by calest

Original post by calest
hi guys,

firstly big congrats to all of those who have a place at birmingham thats amazing.
ive only applied to liverpool for the diploma course just wondering out of you who have applied to liverpool who has opted for the degree and who for the diploma?

im so desperate to hear back from them just hope we hear begining of feb rather than the end :frown:

Hey I have applied for the degree at Liverpool :smile: haven't heard anything from them yet though! x
Reply 209
Original post by Aniqah
Ahh I'm so happy! Yeah we areeee :P well see each other on the taster day too! Yayyy. Mine was meant to be at 11.25 but they were running late so it was about 12ish. I met two othe girls before my interview didn't see anyone else :/ I actually thought id get rejected interview didn't go thatttt well!

not sure if i can come to that yet, hopefully should be able to because my school is being pooey about it! but OMG i definitely saw you there because i was there by 11 ish and saw two girls and im pretty sure i saw you. when u came out of you interview did you wish a girl who was waiting for her interview, good luck because my interview was at 12.25 so u must've been the girl before me! and the girl before me was like good luck, you will be fine!
Reply 210
Original post by calest
hi guys,

yeah ive applied for the degree course too, i got sent a fee status questionnaire and i only sent that in a few days ago. hey said they would only continue my application once they have received that.
Reply 211

like everyone else said, be yourself because tbh with you i swear to god i thought my interview was terrible but i think the only reason why i got it was because i was being myself, no memorised text book perfect answers. and yes i did take in something to show but tbh they werent that interested but i still think you should take something in !
Reply 212
Original post by kassy_s

Original post by kassy_s
not sure if i can come to that yet, hopefully should be able to because my school is being pooey about it! but OMG i definitely saw you there because i was there by 11 ish and saw two girls and im pretty sure i saw you. when u came out of you interview did you wish a girl who was waiting for her interview, good luck because my interview was at 12.25 so u must've been the girl before me! and the girl before me was like good luck, you will be fine!

Why don't you make your own way there the school doesn't need to know do they? Lool Omggg where were you :redface: I came out of my interview and I said good luck to a girl with black open hair? I didny see anyone else though !!
Reply 213
Original post by Aniqah
Why don't you make your own way there the school doesn't need to know do they? Lool Omggg where were you :redface: I came out of my interview and I said good luck to a girl with black open hair? I didny see anyone else though !!

yeah i dont think im gunna tell the school, just gunna pull a sicky! haha THAT WAS ME YOU SAID GOOD LUCK TO! hahah lol, you said "good luck, you will be fine"
Reply 214
Original post by kassy_s

Original post by kassy_s
yeah i dont think im gunna tell the school, just gunna pull a sicky! haha THAT WAS ME YOU SAID GOOD LUCK TO! hahah lol, you said "good luck, you will be fine"

Did I :O are you sure that was me Loool what was I wearing!
Reply 215
Original post by claireytoothfairy

I am currently a final year BSc hygiene and therapy student at Manchester so feel free to ask me any questions and I'll try not to take too long to answer them! :smile:

hi ive applied to manchester. i was wondering what sort of questions they asked during the interview
Reply 216
Original post by nicsxox
Thankyou :smile: Btw may I ask, what type of questions did they ask you?

Just the normal why dhdt and why teeside and then they gave me some scenarios of what might happen and what i would do in those situations but their different in everyones interviews so i couldn't tell you what they would be.
the interview itself was really short tbh :smile:
Reply 217
I am currently a final year BSc hygiene and therapy student at Manchester so feel free to ask me any questions and I'll try not to take too long to answer them! :smile:

What kind of questions do they ask in the interview? :confused:
Reply 218
The people who got their offer in Birmingham..how long did you have to wait for the reply?
My interview is tomorrow! So nervous!
Reply 219
Original post by Vasyn

Original post by Vasyn
The people who got their offer in Birmingham..how long did you have to wait for the reply?
My interview is tomorrow! So nervous!

My interview was on a Friday and they got back to me the following Wednesday :smile: good luck! x

Quick Reply

Latest