The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Did anyone else have an interview for adult nursing at Glamorgan uni on saturday?

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone else had an interview at Glamorgan for adult nursing on Saturday? I had mine at 9.15 and it was intense! I didn't ask when we should know the decision by, does anyone know?
Thanks! Lou x

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I had an interview at Glamorgan on Saturday at 1.15pm...thought it was quite intense too! They said we should hear back by the end of March... but that they send the declines out to people pretty quick so, no news is good news for the next few weeks probably?! Already had an interview for Brighton and found that much less intense and informal :smile: how do you reckon you did?

Gem x
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
...Also which other unis have you applied to? I've applied to Brighton, Cardiff, Southampton & Bournemouth x
Reply 3
Heya! Yeah I had mine on Saturday at 2:45, they said to keep checking track, I had a lady called Denise. They said that I should find out shortly. :smile: Good luck everyone! xxx
Reply 4
Glad I wasn't the only one to find it formal! I've also applied to Swansea and Bristol. I had my Swansea interview on Thursday, very relaxed! I have my Bristol interview in feb.
Good luck! I'm going to be on pins everytime I check my emails now!! X
Reply 5
Original post by Louisah

Original post by Louisah
Glad I wasn't the only one to find it formal! I've also applied to Swansea and Bristol. I had my Swansea interview on Thursday, very relaxed! I have my Bristol interview in feb.

Original post by Louisah

Original post by Louisah

Original post by Louisah

Original post by Louisah

Ah great, what happened in the Swansea interview? Questions and what not? I have mine 15th Feb, really nervous! xxx
Reply 6
Swansea was really relaxed, there were 2 interviewers and they asked me:
Tell us about yourself, interests etc
Why do you want to be a nurse?
Why adult?
What does caring mean to you?
Who do nurses work with on a day to day basis?
What happens in the typical day of a nurse?
What does professionalism mean to you?
How will you cope with the challenges of the course?

I think that was all! They did say that everyone that day would be asked the same questions, good luck!! X
Reply 7
Amazing thank you so much! Better get preparing even more! Good luck with the rest of your process! xx
Original post by Louisah

Original post by Louisah

Good luck for Bristol then! Have you got a first choice? x
Reply 9
Glamorgan is my first choice as we live very close and my children go to school about 5 mins away! X
That makes sense. Just had an email from Cardiff yesterday to say March 2012 intake is now full and to let them knowing I'd like to defer my application to Sept 2012 which is probably better now that march is only a month away!
Reply 11
Is Cardiff your first choice? X
Original post by Louisah

Original post by Louisah
Is Cardiff your first choice? X

Cardiff and Brighton are my first choices I think..? x
Reply 13
Original post by gemma.louise89
Hey, I had an interview at Glamorgan on Saturday at 1.15pm...thought it was quite intense too! They said we should hear back by the end of March... but that they send the declines out to people pretty quick so, no news is good news for the next few weeks probably?! Already had an interview for Brighton and found that much less intense and informal :smile: how do you reckon you did?

Gem x

I have my interview for Glamorgan on Saturday and now i'm really worried!! could you give me some tips for the interview please? What sort of questions do they ask? Thanks :biggrin: x
Original post by bee.davies
I have my interview for Glamorgan on Saturday and now i'm really worried!! could you give me some tips for the interview please? What sort of questions do they ask? Thanks :biggrin: x

Don't worry :smile: its more in comparison to the other ones I've been to! Make sure you have your photocopies and originals ready and passport photos. Arrive in plenty of time, dress smart. They asked about the structure of their programme, why adult nursing, the qualities of a nurse, why Glamorgan. If your lpanning on driving to placements or using public transport and if you were going to live in student halls or the hospital accommodation provided by the NHS.
Reply 15
I had my interview at Glam on the 18th Feb. Heard nothing yet so hoping I get an offer as it's my first choice. Anyone heard anything back since their interviews? x
Reply 16
Original post by Lydia7288
I had my interview at Glam on the 18th Feb. Heard nothing yet so hoping I get an offer as it's my first choice. Anyone heard anything back since their interviews? x

Hey Lydia, had mine on the 28th Jan and haven't heard anything yet :frown: I've heard people had unsuccessfuls quite close after the interview date, and I know someone who had an offer last friday, so perhaps they're sending offers out now, well I hope, the suspense is killing me haha! xxx
Reply 17
Original post by ttotheay
Hey Lydia, had mine on the 28th Jan and haven't heard anything yet :frown: I've heard people had unsuccessfuls quite close after the interview date, and I know someone who had an offer last friday, so perhaps they're sending offers out now, well I hope, the suspense is killing me haha! xxx

It's rediculous making us wait this long isn't it? I'm so anxious all of the time and can't stop thinking about it. I have my heart set on Glamorgan too. It's my first choice. My interview went well though so I'm just hoping the next few weeks go by quickly so we get to know what's happening x
Reply 18
Has anyone got any feedback from Glamorgan yet? they said end of March and it's the 2nd of April now, i have been checking everyday since the interview and still none the wiser to if i've been accepted or not, anyone in the same position? or have had confirmation to if they've been accepted or not yet? please reply! :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by Dannus
Has anyone got any feedback from Glamorgan yet? they said end of March and it's the 2nd of April now, i have been checking everyday since the interview and still none the wiser to if i've been accepted or not, anyone in the same position? or have had confirmation to if they've been accepted or not yet? please reply! :frown:

I had an offer for March 13 for adult nursing. That was on monday 26th march x

Quick Reply

Latest