The Student Room Group

Failed OCR AS Chemistry Practical

So I found out today I got 5/10 which is a E on the one were you identify different solutions. My teacher said you're not allowed to resit it, Can they do this? Stop you from resitting the practical? The specification says you Can resit the different practicals.
Reply 1
That doesn't sound right! With OCR, your allowed to do 3 types of ISAs (qualitative, quantitative and evaluative) and you have 3 shots at doing it right. The only thing I can think of is that this is your 3rd try (of one the types I mentioned above), but don't worry, there'll be other ISAs!
Your centre should allow you to resit a different practical.

Don't panic yet though you still have the qualitative and the evaluation to do worth another 30 marks :-)
Reply 3
Original post by Mr Mondai
That doesn't sound right! With OCR, your allowed to do 3 types of ISAs (qualitative, quantitative and evaluative) and you have 3 shots at doing it right. The only thing I can think of is that this is your 3rd try (of one the types I mentioned above), but don't worry, there'll be other ISAs!

We've done two. The one where you identify 4 different solutions (the one I think I've failed) and the one where you do titration, so you have to get concordant results and then you do a page of moles calculations. I think I did bad on that too :/ We've only had one go at both though.

Original post by Alex Bampton
Your centre should allow you to resit a different practical.Don't panic yet though you still have the qualitative and the evaluation to do worth another 30 marks :-)

My teacher told me we can't resit it. :s
Reply 4
if you have had 2 shots at the quantitative exam they should give you 1 more go at it but all 3 of the papers would be different. then you do 3 evaluative and 3 qualitative. You should really complain if they dont give you all the chances available to you if you haven't got full marks.
Also they shouldnt be telling you if you've got 5/10 which i know is stupid but our teachers only tell us whether or not weve reached our target grade and if we should resit.
You have 3 tasks for each one so 9 tasks altogether, you can't resit that specific task which is what your teacher means hopefully. There should be another chance?
Reply 6
Original post by LifeIsGood
You have 3 tasks for each one so 9 tasks altogether, you can't resit that specific task which is what your teacher means hopefully. There should be another chance?

Nope he means I can't resit it even if it is another task, because they "don't have time".
Original post by DingDong!
Nope he means I can't resit it even if it is another task, because they "don't have time".

:eek:

They are screwing you over, you should beg them to do it in the Easter holidays or something
Reply 8
I failed my qualitative too :/ I got my quantitative this week and I dont know what to do to get the 15marks. Teachers arent even allowed to tell us where we went wrong....how are we sopposed to do better in other practicals then? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending