The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Hey guys what do you think would happen if during my first month at imperial i realise I'd rather be doing another type of engineering instead of electrical and electronic engineering. do you think id be able to switch?

Thanks in advance
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by PassionPit15
I'm in the same situation (except I've firmed for chemistry!). Do you know any more details about how we go about doing so with regards to proof of results?

Original post by italienmoose
I was wondering that. I'm a bit clueless with the post-offer part of the UCAS process.

I got this reply from the Chem admissions tutor when I emailed about the same question:

Dear Nathaniel,
as we cannot accept scanned proof directly from applicants, you will need to post either the original hard copies or, preferably, copies certified - stamped and signed - by your school, to the address below:

Natural Sciences Admissions Team
Registry
Sherfield Building, level 3
Imperial College
London SW7 2AZ

Best wishes,
Sinead

Sinéad Cobbe (Miss)
Admissions Administrator
Reply 122
Original post by guigao

Original post by guigao
Hey,

Does anyone know when we are required to pay our tuition fees at Imperial?
And accomodation fees?
Are we able to divide the payment? Or do we have to pay all at once?

I am an international applicant, so this information is very important for me.:rolleyes:

Thank you!

Hello fellow international!

My understanding is that you don't have to pay until you know you are definitely going to get in. That's around the time when accomodation decisions come out too, so payments should be in the same boat.

Don't know about your last question - hopefully there's some current/ex-Imperial international peeps who can shed light on it? I would like to know as well!
Original post by Bioran
Hello fellow international!

My understanding is that you don't have to pay until you know you are definitely going to get in. That's around the time when accomodation decisions come out too, so payments should be in the same boat.

Don't know about your last question - hopefully there's some current/ex-Imperial international peeps who can shed light on it? I would like to know as well!

I'm a first year international. As for tuition fees, they all have to be paid before the start of term, but not in one lump sum. You can pay them online, at the student hub, or transfer them directly from your bank, etc I'm sure you've read this all before.

Accommodation fees are split up into three payments, one at the start of each term.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me :smile:
Pretty sure i will firm Imperial (A*A*A (SQA)) for Aero Eng, but will need to check Bristol out just to make sure....
Reply 125
Firming Imperial Computing - AAAa (Already have the A* in Maths)
Reply 126
I got an unconditional offer to study Biology (well, my application actually said C300 Zoology :P) with AAAB at A-level. Turned down Durham, which I absolutely loved, but with a uni like Imperial offering me a space I had to say yes!!
Reply 127
HELLO :smile: count me in, Mechanical Engineering for 2012 firm entry (A*AAA) :biggrin:
Reply 128
Original post by pari7
HELLO :smile: count me in, Mechanical Engineering for 2012 firm entry (A*AAA) :biggrin:

when did you receive your offer? thanks
Just firmed Imperial for Electronic and Electrical Engineering A*AA soo excited! :biggrin:
If results day on Thursday go well (fingers crossed(, then i will be firming Imperial for Civil Engineering :smile:
Reply 131
Original post by Estelle123
Just firmed Imperial for Electronic and Electrical Engineering A*AA soo excited! :biggrin:

Original post by queeniemuah
If results day on Thursday go well (fingers crossed(, then i will be firming Imperial for Civil Engineering :smile:

Excellent.

Come say hi to us at http://www.facebook.com/groups/197209050356534/
Firming Imperial for Medicine, offer AAAb - can't WAIT :biggrin:
Reply 133
:hi:

Another chemist here! Will be firming Imperial for Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry :biggrin:
Original post by shinnee3
:hi:

Another chemist here! Will be firming Imperial for Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry :biggrin:

Nice one! When did you have your interview?
Reply 135
I will also be firming imperial, I'm an MChem applicant, and had my interview on the 22nd of February.
Reply 136
will be firming imperial for medicine!!!!.....just as soon as the rest of my uni's get back to me lol
Reply 137
firmed imperial for materials (A*AA) lol actually i applied for physics, they pass me to the other department after they reject me lol..

anyway imperial yeah :biggrin:
Firmed for medicine - AAA :biggrin: wish we didnt have to wait until may to apply for accommodation!
probs firming for biology, just trying to overcome the fact that rugby/social life may be put on hold for the next 3 years :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending