The Student Room Group

Is it bad that i have not started revising yet?

I have 14 exams coming up and not started revising!!! I am especially nervous for Spanish reading + listening and English language + literature and i KNOW for Spanish you need to revise a LOT of vocabulary to make sure of getting an A or an A*.

Also, does anyone know how I could prepare for these exams?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
YEP
Revising? It's closer to the last exams than it is to the next ones!
Reply 3
@jaja0202 Cool, Thanks. :smile:
Hey, are you doing your GCSE's too?
Reply 4
@Meeeee:smile: When did you start???
AAAHHHH!!! I'm so stressed!!!
Original post by wondergirl123

Im in AS im not revising for May exams, but im re doing class work... so half revising.
I was doing the same thing for GCSE exams (this time) last year, cgp text books, Sam learning and past papers
I have 14 exams coming up and not started revising!!! I am especially nervous for Spanish reading + listening and English language + literature and i KNOW for Spanish you need to revise a LOT of vocabulary to make sure of getting an A or an A*.

No, it's perfectly fine. I think I started revising for my GCSEs at the beginning of the Easter holidays and I came out with pretty decent grades.

It's not necessarily bad that you haven't started revising yet... I haven't started revising for 22 exams yet because my school is still doing controlled assessments and ISAs :frown: but revision strategies depends on how you like to revise.

I cram things in and do loads of past papers before hand so revising religiously from now won't do me much good, but revise whenever it suits you!

The way to revise could include past papers, posters, notes, audio tapes.... And loads of other techniques! It all depends on you; how did you revise for your previous exams and which method was best fro you then? Just continue with this method then :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by hassi94
Revising? It's closer to the last exams than it is to the next ones!

Weeelll.... not so much revising - more working towards. Like for my Spanish exams what i'm 'trying' (but failing) to do is learn/memorize lots of words and i'm also 'trying' to go over the days lesson several times but from the cgp revision guide.
Reply 9
Nah it's fine. I'm guessing by the number of exams GCSEs? You can cram for GCSEs, I barely did any revision whatsoever and came out with pretty good results by most standards. But I guess it depends on your learning style, personally I don't find revision that useful. Either way I still think March is too early for proper hardcore revision. I have 8 very difficult exams in summer that will determine my place at university and I haven't started :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
the best technique to do is to start of slow and then build up pace :wink: in all seriousness, thats wat im doing for the summer exams. 2 hours a night for now...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
@ Dandaman9999 - Ummm... it was more luck for my other exams and i'm not prepared to do the same for the upcoming exams so i guess it's time for a little late experimenting. :/ Thanks for the advice though, i just can't STOP procrastinating!!! I've done all my ISA's and my PE PEP but have to do my Geography controlled assessment from scratch because i foolishly lost ALL my work!!! Also need to do one more Spanish speaking assessment and one more writing, i need to also need to finish off my business controlled assessment.
AAAAAAHHHHH!!!! I've just been completely demotivated to do my work since i lost my geog work. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
@lukas1051 - That's fine - don't worry. BUT i have 14 exams in the summer!!!! :frown: So i think i'm screwed.

Oh and good luck with your exams :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13

nope ive done my gcse's and a levels but i have a friend who did spanish and those were some of her methods of revision that I could remember :smile:
My school have gone mental this year for some reason and we are doing AS mocks next week :frown: worst weekend of my life
Are these GCSEs we're talking about? Are you actually being serious? :lolwut:

You're fine. Seriously.
Reply 16

In all honesty, if you're worried enough about them to ask on an internet forum whether or not you should revise, maybe you should take that cue and just begin to revise yourself.

Personally, I didn't like SAMlearning, so I revised :

Maths - Past papers
Physics/Chem/Biology - Read my notes from the past two years, was quite organised, none of them were pressing exams
History - Saw the future and revised Plains Indians, that came up, so I just got lucky really, and for my other History exam, just read my notes from the year again
Graphics - Didn't revise, just practised drawing a couple of things
English Lit/Lang - Didn't really do much, just wrote a couple of short description pieces and read Of Mice and Men, as well as a book of notes on it.
Spanish - I was decently proficient, so didn't revise, just practised speaking to my spanish exchange friend

To put some context behind that, 0 marks dropped in Maths, 7 lost in total between the sciences, A* history (didn't look at marks), Graphics A*, Lit/Lang. Just lol. Spanish, A*

This was just my method, develop your own, and just get on with it!
Reply 17
Man I have 7 exams for med 2nd year. I got bare cw to do aswell and that's why I haven't started my revision yet!!!
Reply 18
Original post by Libertine69
the best technique to do is to start of slow and then build up pace :wink: in all seriousness, thats wat im doing for the summer exams. 2 hours a night for now...

GCSEs?...and that's starting off slow? Wow.
Original post by Bardem
GCSEs?...and that's starting off slow? Wow.

its starting of slow when you have 22 exams :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending