The Student Room Group

potential 2012 optometry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DreamCatchMe
OMG I just checked Ucas again and I've got a conditional! FIRM!!

From wwhhherrree? :smile:
University of Ulster - Coleraine. It's the only place I applied (I'm from N.I.) :smile:
Reply 602
Original post by sijgill
Hey guys, I have a interview at Bradford for optom coming up soon. Does anybody know what sort of questions they ask? It would be a great help, as i'm very nervous as its my first interview.

Cheers

Hey there, I had a Bradford interview on the 15th and they have given me an offer. :biggrin: It was an informal interview and it was a group interview so you will be put into groups then asked the same questions. The questions asked were actually more about me rather than my optometry view. Oh yep a work experience question came up and also I got asked why Bradford. They may ask you have you been to another interview and how did you find that uni compared to Bradford.

Honest be yourself and you will be fine. You going to the interview just shows you have technically already got the place

Hope this helps. Best of luck. :smile:
Original post by DreamCatchMe
OMG I just checked Ucas again and I've got a conditional! FIRM!!

Congrats! I'm going to the open day, yeah.
Reply 604
Original post by Sammy94
Hey there, I had a Bradford interview on the 15th and they have given me an offer. :biggrin: It was an informal interview and it was a group interview so you will be put into groups then asked the same questions. The questions asked were actually more about me rather than my optometry view. Oh yep a work experience question came up and also I got asked why Bradford. They may ask you have you been to another interview and how did you find that uni compared to Bradford.

Honest be yourself and you will be fine. You going to the interview just shows you have technically already got the place

Hope this helps. Best of luck. :smile:

Cheers Pal
Original post by anglloydo
Well done on your offer! They rejected me in the end :/ so I emailed them asking why and they said cause I lack relevant work exp. Which I was pretty gutted about cos I don't think that's true since I've been working at Specsavers for quite a while :P it looked like a generic email so they might've said that just to give me some sort of answer or something. Quite annoying since I wanted to put them as my insurance choice but oh well :smile:

Yeah Cardiff is great, but I've lived here my whole life so kinddd of wanna move away :P it is the best place for optom though and since plymouth has rejected me now i'll probably firm them :smile: we're like opposites ha living in Cardiff and Plymouth but wanting to move somewhere else! Did you go to Cardiff open day on the 1st? x

Omg thats so frustrating. if i'm perfectly honest i think the only reason i got it was because i live here. theres always rumours plymouth uni always take plymouth students. What grades are you predicted and in which subjects, if you dont mind me asking.
So what are you going to do for your insurance??

Ahh yeahh thats exactly how i feel, we must be opposites :P I went there 6th April... last year?? fell in love with it years before that though!! i just went to confirm. I did go to the open day onthe 1st though, were you there?!?!
Wet to ulster today. Was okay.
Am probably going to put AR first though; it's a slightly larger class size and in a better location IMO.
Reply 607
Original post by sijgill
Cheers Pal

:bigsmile:
Reply 608
what do you wear for the interviews at bradford?
Reply 609
Original post by small'un
what do you wear for the interviews at bradford?

Well it’s an informal interview, so anything you’re comfortable in... But I would advice not to go in extra bright, florescent colours... lol...
Do wear colour... but not too much. A nice subtle cardigan with black trousers/jeans if you want :smile:
Hope this helps :smile:

Good luk :smile:
Grah.
Quite tempted to remove my Caley choice and just submit AR as first and Liverpool Orthop as second.
And am very annoyed that Peter Taylor house has filled in AR, tbh.
Reply 611
Original post by Jodieeee....
Omg thats so frustrating. if i'm perfectly honest i think the only reason i got it was because i live here. theres always rumours plymouth uni always take plymouth students. What grades are you predicted and in which subjects, if you dont mind me asking.
So what are you going to do for your insurance??

Ahh yeahh thats exactly how i feel, we must be opposites :P I went there 6th April... last year?? fell in love with it years before that though!! i just went to confirm. I did go to the open day onthe 1st though, were you there?!?!

Yeah at least I've got my offer from Cardiff :smile: I'm a resit applicant, got ABC last year and predicted AAA now, you? I'll probably put ARU as my insurance since they're the only other offer I've had that's lower than AAA.

Yeah I was there on the 1st :smile: loved it soo much! Hopefully see you there in September!
Original post by anglloydo
Yeah at least I've got my offer from Cardiff :smile: I'm a resit applicant, got ABC last year and predicted AAA now, you? I'll probably put ARU as my insurance since they're the only other offer I've had that's lower than AAA.

Yeah I was there on the 1st :smile: loved it soo much! Hopefully see you there in September!

I got AACC in AS and predicted AAB at A2. B in Biology - OUCH. plymouth are the only ones to give me AAB B in Biology, all the others wanted my B in my non science. I really didnt want to put Plymouth as my insurance, but I want to do Optom so bad i'm just gonna have to stick staying in Plymouth if i mess up in the summer :P
Reply 613
Does anybody think Optometry will be in clearing this year??
Original post by Ash_1123

I remember Optometry being in clearing in August 2011 at Bradford...but I dunno, it's quite competitive
Original post by Ash_1123

Apparently AR ends up in clearing fairly often (heard from school, no idea how true it is). And I hear City does sometimes. Reckon Plymouth might too, aince the course is so new...

No-one can predict it though, we don't know how many offers are being given out or are going to be met.
Reply 616
anyone who had the interview at bradford last week heard back yet?
Reply 617

Yep! U should get a reply within like 1 and a half week of the interview :smile:...
If u think something is wrong... then don’t hesitate to phone them and ask!! :smile:

Best of luck :smile:

Hey :smile: I got my offer from bradford yesterday evening :smile:
Hey guys!!
So ... results day.
Good or bad?
mine was much better than I thought so I think i'm fine as long as the summer goes just as well!

Quick Reply

Latest