The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy at UWE 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Hi all, sos its been so long up to my eyeballs in course work for access course and a diploma for work, am thinking uni must be easier that two jobs and two courses on the go, but hey nearly finished, my extended essay and two sociology assignments to go, then a rest until uni. Roll on September. Good luck to all that have interviews for other unis.
Original post by buckyj
Hi all, sos its been so long up to my eyeballs in course work for access course and a diploma for work, am thinking uni must be easier that two jobs and two courses on the go, but hey nearly finished, my extended essay and two sociology assignments to go, then a rest until uni. Roll on September. Good luck to all that have interviews for other unis.

You sound flat out .....yes our Access course is hotting up workwise, big essays coming up on Malaria and Social Psychology, quite interested in Malaria essay as am going to a malarial area ! so hope I do not get it though as very nasty infection. Keep at it....we know getting to UWE was hard and we are in....see you in Sept :smile:
Reply 202
Hi Everybody!

Just popping by to say, hey!

I've been busy sorting out a secondary school for my son and deliberating on where to live come Sept.

Hope you're all well and I look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Original post by debsnm
Hi Everybody!

Just popping by to say, hey!

I've been busy sorting out a secondary school for my son and deliberating on where to live come Sept.

Hope you're all well and I look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Hi Debs glad to hear you are ok glad school hunting was successful....listen you strike me as the one with the clifton pad ! I may commute ! and go from Tiverton on train just for the first term to see how it goes....let us know how you get on accomwise....I did apply for the wardens job!!! crying students and lock outs - not had a NO but not hopeful of getting the role and free accomodation! :biggrin:
Reply 204
HI,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the bursary.
Reply 205
Original post by debsnm
HI,

Hi Debs

I've not heard anything at all. I think the only thing I've had from UWE is a reminder to upload my Access certificate when I have it, and also an invite to an information afternoon if I've not been to an open day.

Hope you are well - I'm writing genetics essays today and wishing I was outside in the sunshine instead!! :cool:
Original post by SaraSp
Hi Debs

I've not heard anything at all. I think the only thing I've had from UWE is a reminder to upload my Access certificate when I have it, and also an invite to an information afternoon if I've not been to an open day.

Hope you are well - I'm writing genetics essays today and wishing I was outside in the sunshine instead!! :cool:

Hi Girls....kazza, debs and Footsteps and sarasp ....IAM OFF TO KENYA TOMOZ.....so scared and UWE offered me an interview for the wardens job!!!!! but am away so may get a shout if other 14 candidates are not strong enough but I did get an INTERVIEW (they have 7 vacancies on offer) .....so may have got it...they may interview me when I get back KEEP FINGERS CROSSED but my mind is on kenya and 3 weeks of volunteering....I will have access to the net so will be checking this site ( and will post how I am getting on!) See you all sept....when I get back I will have to sort job and accom .... hope Debs keeps us posted accomwise. Bursary wise we still need to know how many weeks this course is !! hope it is 38 weeks as we get more bursary...think UWE sort this once all people have slotted into place and confirmed by 9th may on UCAS ...I think ??? Citrus queen XX (Karen )
Original post by buckyj

Hi I have been given extensions on 3 assignments as am off to kenya tomoz....but got ot all to face when I get back end of April!!! Keep at it....its all worth it once we are qualified! Karen X(Citrusqueen)
Reply 208
Original post by Citrus queen
Hi Girls....kazza, debs and Footsteps and sarasp ....IAM OFF TO KENYA TOMOZ.....so scared and UWE offered me an interview for the wardens job!!!!! but am away so may get a shout if other 14 candidates are not strong enough but I did get an INTERVIEW (they have 7 vacancies on offer) .....so may have got it...they may interview me when I get back KEEP FINGERS CROSSED but my mind is on kenya and 3 weeks of volunteering....I will have access to the net so will be checking this site ( and will post how I am getting on!) See you all sept....when I get back I will have to sort job and accom .... hope Debs keeps us posted accomwise. Bursary wise we still need to know how many weeks this course is !! hope it is 38 weeks as we get more bursary...think UWE sort this once all people have slotted into place and confirmed by 9th may on UCAS ...I think ??? Citrus queen XX (Karen )

Oh thats good news, hopefully you will get the position!
I would say have a lovely time, but your there to work and its such a different environment so will say I hope you bring back some good memories instead!
Cant believe how fast the weeks are passing, it wont be long before we start :biggrin:
Reply 209
Original post by debsnm
HI,

I think they send all our details off together, so we wont hear until may at least, how ever the bursary calculator is now set to the 2012/2013 new bursary amounts so you can get a rough estimate!
Reply 210

Hi - brilliant news about the interview. Fingers crossed. Also - have a brilliant time in Kenya! Hope you have an amazing experience... Take care!
Reply 211

Hi Karen,
Have a fantastic time! I'm really envious- I'm sure you will have an amazing experience.

To everyone- I eventually got a reply from Vanessa about the length of the course, but I don't think it's definitive. She thinks 39 weeks, so fingers crossed she's right.

50/50 chance of the warden's job sounds positive too.

Keep in touch and let us know all about the trip!
See you all soon.
Kazza
Interview on the 4th!!:smile:
Reply 213
Original post by PaulLampeter

Congratulations for getting an interview. Hope it goes ok!
Original post by SaraSp
Congratulations for getting an interview. Hope it goes ok!

Thanks thats the 5th and last interview, looking forward to it! I really really liked Brooks on Weds, wasnt too excited about Sheffield though.
Reply 215
Original post by PaulLampeter

Congratulations and good luck, the tutors were lovely and seemed to really want to be there and want you to be there too, although I came out of my interview unsure if it had gone well or not (so was shocked when offered a place!)
Reply 216
Hi Tazig I have an invite to southampton uni on the 28th march but this is the day I fly to Kenya! I can keep up with the site from internet cafes - will you post your thoughts of southampton....me tired too work and course to do !

Hi, I have firmed my choice at southampton, its such a lovely uni and area and it sounds alot better academically than UWE. A girl in her 3rd year knows a student OT from UWE and she said how her friend wishes she went to southampton.
I would recomend you look at the uni first before you deffo chose. Before i went i was more thinking firming UWE but southampton is the one for me :smile:
Reply 217
Original post by TaziG
Hi, I have firmed my choice at southampton, its such a lovely uni and area and it sounds alot better academically than UWE. A girl in her 3rd year knows a student OT from UWE and she said how her friend wishes she went to southampton.
I would recomend you look at the uni first before you deffo chose. Before i went i was more thinking firming UWE but southampton is the one for me :smile:

Ahh congratulations tazig, sorry you won't be joining us, wishing you all the best for your future.
Reply 218

Hope all is going well!
Original post by footsteps
Congratulations and good luck, the tutors were lovely and seemed to really want to be there and want you to be there too, although I came out of my interview unsure if it had gone well or not (so was shocked when offered a place!)
Thanks, reading TaziG's post it looks like theres deffo one spot available.

Quick Reply

Latest