The Student Room Group

Anybody want to backpack USA in 2013?

Hi guys my name's Michael

I'm currently in Year 13 and i have applied to university, but deferred my entry, and am taking a gap year. The plan is to work for six months (from September this year) then spend about one to three months travelling in the US.

I'm creating this thread as i plan to spend the time backpacking. I have never really travelled that much but would love to go to America. But, there is no one i know who is in the same situation as me. Thus i am asking if there are any people out there who have similar plans. I want to either go down the slightly spontaneous route and we schedule it ourselves, may get less done but probably cheaper. Alternatively, we book onto a tour and will be more expensive but may get to see more. Obviously it is only in the early stages of development and am open to all ideas, all suggestions, all people and anyone who is just looking for a good time in the US!

It would be great for anyone who is in a similar situation to me get in touch and let me know if you'd like to go backpacking together! Don't want to go on my own haha and even if i go on a tour it would be nice to know some people before we start,

Cheers :smile:

Michael

P.S.
don't be put out by the dates or anything, i am just looking for people interested in travelling to america in 2013, just to see if anyone else is up for it, i am sure it will be much more fun than travelling around on my own!
I would, but no money.
Reply 2
If you do, please go to 'Gap Year Travelling America (2013)' but there are so go to the one that is under the university stuff, not the one under hobbies> travel. There should be some posts from me and LRod and me on the first page, so if you see that, you're there!

Thanks people

Quick Reply

Latest