The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phoenix07
People who care that little about being hurtful to others really don't warrant worrying over and putting lots of effort in! Its really difficult not to fear rejection when you just get convinced everybody is going to reject you, but you just have to try to learn to not get as phased by it, everyone gets rejected every now and again!

I am hoping you manage to get your appetite sorted again though, I know how much that can cause issues in itself so hope this whole thing doesn't force it to far off track again! I wish I could learn how to be happy with myself too, as time goes on I do just seem to hate myself more and more! So I can't really help with those feelings at all, you tried therapy and stuff? counselling didn't really work for me but hopefully going to start other therapy soon so hoping that will help with these thoughts!

Yeah, I'm pretty much not talking to them anymore. I know I'll be seeing them again because they still talk to my mates and they'll butt into any situation. I don't need people like them in my life. The only thing that I worry about is how they're treating one of my mates.

That's very true :smile: I could do with being less bothered by this kind of thing.

Hopefully I can sort it out soon! I'm trying to go to the gym too, but the problem is that the person I'm going with can only go in a few weeks and after half 5 (I'd rather start going sooner, and it'll cost more to go after half 5). Then there's the problem that none of my mates seem to be hanging out with me, and I'm petrified to go by myself.

Yeah, I'm currently seeing a therapist once a week, and while she's giving me amazing advice that I'm applying and being really helpful, it doesn't seem to be having too many long-term effects. I hope your other therapy works out!
Reply 361
Original post by loonyplatypus

It's okay, I'm not that bad any more, the meds have made enough of an improvement. It's just with the boyfriend to be honest. Feel like we're on the verge of splitting up.

That's good to know.

Break ups do happen. Being single is better than being in a ****ty, upsetting relationship.

:hugs:
Original post by Deyesy
All 18 pages caught up on. Serves me right for not realising you lot had a new thread earlier on :facepalm:

:console:
Original post by laut_biru
That's good to know.

Break ups do happen. Being single is better than being in a ****ty, upsetting relationship.

:hugs:

True. But it's not ****ty and depressing. When I'm in a decent mood we're fine, we're really good together, it's just when I get down then I pick fights and I'm such a bitch to him, and I don't know how to control it :frown:
Reply 364
True. But it's not ****ty and depressing. When I'm in a decent mood we're fine, we're really good together, it's just when I get down then I pick fights and I'm such a bitch to him, and I don't know how to control it :frown:

Are you in counselling or therapy at all? That might be a first step to working on this.

That and having a massive conversation with him, really. He's the one who needs to hear all of this.
Are you in counselling or therapy at all? That might be a first step to working on this.

That and having a massive conversation with him, really. He's the one who needs to hear all of this.

Not yet. I had an assessment appointment with a really nice counsellor in about January and I'm waiting to start proper sessions but they're having some kind of reshuffling so they're being stupidly slow at getting back to me. And I do talk to him about it. Too much. I never shut up about it and it's just all getting too much.
Reply 366
Not yet. I had an assessment appointment with a really nice counsellor in about January and I'm waiting to start proper sessions but they're having some kind of reshuffling so they're being stupidly slow at getting back to me. And I do talk to him about it. Too much. I never shut up about it and it's just all getting too much.

Ah that sucks. Is it through your uni?

How does he tend to respond?
Ah that sucks. Is it through your uni?

How does he tend to respond?

No, it's with my GP at home. I only live about half an hour's drive away so it's easy to get back for appointments. If I had any :tongue:

It varies. He tries to cheer me up or distract me or suggest solutions but when I'm just being irrational or argumentative he understandably gets frustrated.
Reply 368
No, it's with my GP at home. I only live about half an hour's drive away so it's easy to get back for appointments. If I had any :tongue:

It varies. He tries to cheer me up or distract me or suggest solutions but when I'm just being irrational or argumentative he understandably gets frustrated.

Try through your uni, it might be quicker.

It's your issues, you should be the one leading this and suggesting solutions. You know your moods better than he does.
Try through your uni, it might be quicker.

It's your issues, you should be the one leading this and suggesting solutions. You know your moods better than he does.

I used the uni counselling service last term briefly when I first started thinking I might be ill, that was what led me to see a doctor. But they've got a bit of a reputation for not being great and I'd feel a bit awkward going back :s-smilie:

I usually only realise it's not a real me mood until after I've done ranting at him and being mental, and then all I can do is apologise. I don't know what solutions would work.
Reply 370
Original post by Anonymous
That must be rubbish :hugs: Did you ask your doctor about being anaemic again?

I feel like it is, my mood isn't that bad at the moment, I'm just being lazy.

Hope you enjoy it!

No I got scared and thought I'll look pretty stupid if it turns out I'm not. Probably should have done anyway.

Your mood isn't the only symptom that stops you, feeling lethargic and a general uninterest in anything can make it hard to be productive too. Have you told anyone about how it makes you feel at your appointments? :hugs:

Thanks, my precious Ronnie is looking in pretty good form! :tongue:
Reply 371
I used the uni counselling service last term briefly when I first started thinking I might be ill, that was what led me to see a doctor. But they've got a bit of a reputation for not being great and I'd feel a bit awkward going back :s-smilie:

I usually only realise it's not a real me mood until after I've done ranting at him and being mental, and then all I can do is apologise. I don't know what solutions would work.

Ah that sucks.

Do you have any idea what kicks the mood off?
Reply 372
Feeling so ****. My brother just wants a monopoly on the brand new upstairs TV so he can play Wii 24/7 :mad: (although I want a monopoly on it too :biggrin: :colone:). Then there is the prospect of not having a social life, which always gets me down, no matter what the time of day it is. Add to that problems at home, no motivation to do revision for my exams, and crap weather :biggrin: . Really not a good combination at all. Just want everything to improve overnight :tongue: . Just want to be normal. Normal like everyone else, with normal families, a normal social life, interests in normal things, and normal motivation to study.

I also feel that I've reached a very low point, one that could get me hospitalised :sad: :erm: . If that happens my dad will probably kick me out of the house, and I'll be left with nothing :cry2: .

Recently I've been thinking about how "normal" I used to be years ago. I had far more confidence back then. Amazing how years of bullying and isolation takes it's toll. I really wish I had the motivation to study. Want to leave home (properly) at the earliest opportunity.
Ah that sucks.

Do you have any idea what kicks the mood off?

I'm not sure, it seems to be fairly random, although it often happens if I've just come back from visiting him - I find it upsetting to leave and come home and be on my own. Plus low productivity/success with uni work can get me down, or just general loneliness which is the main problem right now.
Reply 374
I'm not sure, it seems to be fairly random, although it often happens if I've just come back from visiting him - I find it upsetting to leave and come home and be on my own. Plus low productivity/success with uni work can get me down, or just general loneliness which is the main problem right now.

Why does that lead to you taking it out on him?

It sounds like you think it's all your fault and silliness as well, I bet that's not the case.
Why does that lead to you taking it out on him?

It sounds like you think it's all your fault and silliness as well, I bet that's not the case.

I'm not sure exactly. I talk to him all the time so I guess he's always the first person there, and I just get so angry sometimes, probably at myself, but I direct it towards him. I don't think it's my fault exactly, I know it's an illness, but I still feel guilty and I know my self-esteem is just rubbish. He'd be better off with someone healthy and I always feel like I'm trying to catch up and be good enough. I just wish I knew how to deal with it all.
What a **** weekend to put it bluntly :erm:

Aunt is in a vegetative state after a massive stroke, very unlikely she's going to pull through. As expected cousin is absolutely hysterical about the whole situation. Not entirely sure what to say to him, it's not a like a broken leg where you can say they'll get better soon.

Something good better come along soon, having a real run of dreadful luck at the moment :s-smilie:
Had a really nice day with my girlfriend. She got me out of the house and we went shopping. For once I wasn't being a useless antisocial idiot and managed Primark. It was a Sunday so fairly quiet, but that's still a massive improvement on earlier this week when it was a struggle to leave the house.

Too hyped-up to sleep now though. I've got ideas rattling around my head and no energy to do anything about them.

Fingers crossed my mood will stay up until after exams. 23 days, that's not impossible. Is it? I don't even know what triggered this attack. It's only been a week since it hit, but last week was the lowest I've been for over 6 months.
Reply 378
I'm not sure exactly. I talk to him all the time so I guess he's always the first person there, and I just get so angry sometimes, probably at myself, but I direct it towards him. I don't think it's my fault exactly, I know it's an illness, but I still feel guilty and I know my self-esteem is just rubbish. He'd be better off with someone healthy and I always feel like I'm trying to catch up and be good enough. I just wish I knew how to deal with it all.

There's a lot of interesting thinking there. Somethings making you angry, that's for sure, probably best to work out what that is. Also, defining yourself as not good enough isn't going to help, ever.

Original post by fire2burn
What a **** weekend to put it bluntly :erm:

Aunt is in a vegetative state after a massive stroke, very unlikely she's going to pull through. As expected cousin is absolutely hysterical about the whole situation. Not entirely sure what to say to him, it's not a like a broken leg where you can say they'll get better soon.

Something good better come along soon, having a real run of dreadful luck at the moment :s-smilie:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I hope you get a better run of luck soon too..
Original post by luno
:console: I don't know what else to say. Although it feels like a waste of time, speaking to your counsellor and making another GP appointment is better than nothing.

Do you have extra support from your university?

Hang in there :hugs:

Thank you :hugs: Will try to.

Yeah, that's true. Just jaded and very cynical. It's been over a year since I was diagnosed with 'anxiety, depression and possibly something else' and have got nowhere. All I ever seem to do is talk endlessly at people - and I'm slowly going nowhere.

The university's actually being very understanding for once. I'd been diligently jumping through the hoops to make sure everything's documented in case I went up in flames at some point. A relief. Just need to make sure I find the strength to actually finish my degree (and resist the growing urge to do something stupid).

Latest