The Student Room Group

Did anyone do the AQA Philosophy Unit 2 paper in Jan 2012?

I'm just wondering what questions came up, specifically for God and the World and freewill and determinism? :smile:
Reply 2

Thank you so much! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by anniebella
Thank you so much! :biggrin:

no problem, im doing god and the world and knowledge of the external world. what question do you think will come up for god and the world? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by b41nzy
no problem, im doing god and the world and knowledge of the external world. what question do you think will come up for god and the world? :smile:

I think for part b maybe the design argument or the religious hypothesis because they did the problem of evil already this year. Or they might be mean and ask another problem of evil question just to catch everyone out! Sorry that probably isn't very helpful :P I guess my bet is on the design argument coming up in the part b (they don't seem to like asking about the religious hypothesis for some reason).

Good luck for Wednesday! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by anniebella
I think for part b maybe the design argument or the religious hypothesis because they did the problem of evil already this year. Or they might be mean and ask another problem of evil question just to catch everyone out! Sorry that probably isn't very helpful :P I guess my bet is on the design argument coming up in the part b (they don't seem to like asking about the religious hypothesis for some reason).

Good luck for Wednesday! :smile:

Religious hypothesis has only come up once as a part A i think. so yeah you're right, it should be teleological for part B. good luck to you aswell :smile:
Reply 6
for God and the world
ive spotted a trend: since 2009 they do evil, design, evil, design etc for part b
and the part a is always the opposite
so this year part a will be evil and part b will be design :mad:
Reply 7
Yeah I noticed that but 1 year they asked part a on 'seeing as' hopefully they don't do it again
Reply 8
Hi, I'm doing this subject completely on my own, so I'm terrified about tomorrow, Does anyone have any guesses about what could come up for the knowledge of the external world?
For Knowledge of the External world, I would count on the 15 marker being something to do with the distinction between primary and secondary qualities, alternatively it could be two objections to one of the three approaches, ie criticisms of direct realism, criticisms of representative realism etc
I did, and failed spectacularly.

Any predictions on the Value of Art? Best of luck!
Reply 11
What would you predict for part B of knowledge of the external world? Representative realism came up in Jan so Idealism or naive realism? Haven't seen them ever repeat a part B but I may be wrong... thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest