The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Biology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by jordan0141
What did everyone write about the krill further increasing global warming? I wrote some garbage about them migrating to a colder area where their waste will be decomposed

Bro i just wrote that the condtions will change for the decomposers and they will die out, resulting in a build up of waste which can kill many species of the aquatic eco system
Reply 61
Its the first question i have ever answered in relation to faeces :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by freedom123
I said that as sea temperatures increase, then saprotrophs etc will be able to decompose the faeces and therefore release the carbon dioxide from it back into the atmosphere which would then contribute to global warmimg! - can anyone verify this?

I also put that the increase in sea temp. would mean the faeces could be decomposed which would release more carbon dioxide which would contribute to global warming.
Did anyone mention the Siri equation as an answer to a question in PHE?
Original post by ConnorMcKenzie

I dont even know what that is, so no, not me lol!
Reply 65
What was the impedence one? I just blagged and wrote that its not accurate and there lean tissue such as muscle may be included LOL!

Aww me too, i put weight and volume of water!

Yeah i wrote "Excercising decreases weight!" hahaha

I wrote it keeps you fit

Why am i such an idiot! I read 2 QUESTIONS WRONG ASKFHAUFGB FML
Reply 66

Yeah i did!,

Yes i wrote that for the answer to the question which asked how do you use desity to measure percentage body fat
Reply 68
Could i answer that with the body masss of the indevidual plus the density of fat
Original post by Babb_zz
I wrote it keeps you fit

Why am i such an idiot! I read 2 QUESTIONS WRONG ASKFHAUFGB FML

Lol im sorry but i need to Laugh! What were you thinking of??? LOL
For the densitometry question I wrote the two measurements you need is the mass of the individual and the mass of water/air displaced. I take it that's wrong?
Reply 71
Lol im sorry but i need to Laugh! What were you thinking of??? LOL

Stress makes your mental
Reply 72
For the densitometry question I wrote the two measurements you need is the mass of the individual and the mass of water/air displaced. I take it that's wrong?

Welll i was going to write that! But something made me think that you needed to know the mass of fat but im starting to doubt myself?
Reply 73
What was question 13 again? The recombinant DNA one? Because that was either C or A technically it could have been either, because it's recombinant DNA with respect to both the Agrobacterium.t and the rhizobium DNA… all in all an evil question..
Original post by Babb_zz
Stress makes your mental

Haha it does that! I was so stressed with time, wrote a few stupid answers!
Reply 75
What was the role of hydrogen bonding in maintaining the hairpin shape? I wrote an essay for it saying they have a function of providing support for the shape and talked about hydrogen bonding between base pairs
Original post by jordan0141
Welll i was going to write that! But something made me think that you needed to know the mass of fat but im starting to doubt myself?

It was mass and volume of water
Reply 77
Original post by adam_johnson
I'm pretty sure q8 is C because if 24/80 are thymine. This means 30% are T and 30% are A so 20% are C and G.
An q14 is C because you need to 100+67=167kj
And I think the rest are correct. :biggrin:

I think for q14, the 100kJ is available to the ecosystem, as faeces - because it flows through the saprotrophic food chain. So it's on 67kJ, so A
did anay one else right for the fuction of hydrogen bonding for the hairpin shape that the some bases are complimentary and for hyrgen bonding thus hole the strand together but the bases at the end are not thus their repulsion gives the ringed structure on the left and the lines pushing outwards = hairpin shape
Reply 79
Original post by Student666
I think for q14, the 100kJ is available to the ecosystem, as faeces - because it flows through the saprotrophic food chain. So it's on 67kJ, so A

I agree for q14 lets hope the markers have the saprotrophic food chain in mind

Quick Reply

Latest