The Student Room Group

got beaten up by my brother

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Put a load of laxatives in his food.

No better way of getting revenge on someone who has wronged you than listening to the cries coming from the bathroom as last nights' Chili con carne repeats on them. Muhahah Muhaha
Listen your BROTHER beat you up. He is your brother, the one who is supposed to protect you, if i was you i would get him back while he is asleep so he knows not to mess with you...
Chivalry is dead. :frown:
I would go to the gp, tell them what happened, and ask for advice about the police etc.
The whole thing is wrong, that's not a playfight, it's not something you should do to your sister, and it's definitely not something which adults (which I'm guessing you are) should be doing. And with your mother that's quite disgusting as well, I'd probably put it on par with neglect tbh :L
My younger brother stole £80 from me so I punched him in the head. He is half a foot taller than me and eats all the food in the house so probably quite a bit heavier than me. Really I wouldn't go round trying to argue with people if you can't back it up physically, the best thing you can do is grovel to someone who can. I never did get my £80 back...
Original post by Theoneoranro
Siblings fight when they're kids, it's normal, back in the day we all did it everyday, I was even knocked on conscious by my brother once but then we forgot about it after a few hours and moved on until our next fight, it's a part of growing up. You and your brother are going to look back on it and laugh in the future. Calling the police would be the stupidest thing you could do. I swear families are so split up nowdays. Before no one ever used to even think about calling the police on a family member NO MATTER WHAT. You would never even think about it. But now it's perfectly normal. Society is breaking up big time. I'm all for moving on with time, but some traditional values such as marriage and family are things which are positive and we should take those good things from the past.
Wow it's really disturbing that you even considered calling the police on your brother. You're a sick person.

...or you are just a little bitch and were too scared to do anything when your brother knocked you out :rolleyes:
Lol some people on TSR are ridiculous.

You act like she's been savagely beaten to within an inch of her life - she'd be in hospital.
do you have any people such as social workers in your school? or you could tell your friends, youll feel better talking to them!

awww i feel so bad for you! he shouldnt have done that. try some ice packs! they work for me. and have a candy :') support you always!

Original post by Anonymous
though i did provoke him verbally by accusing him of having stolen something off me (i did and do believe it to be true).
He beat me pretty hard, my ribs, neck are hurting me real bad. It is quite painful, especially when I move. I also got hit above my pubic area. Not that he targeted there, but it was due to my position. Anyhow, how to alleviate the pain, see that nothing is damaged? My mum did not interfere and let him coz she thought i was out of my mind making those accusations.
if i see the gp, shall I be honest with them? Thanks.
Reply 48
Put laxatives in his food!
Siblings fight when they're kids, it's normal, back in the day we all did it everyday, I was even knocked on conscious by my brother once but then we forgot about it after a few hours and moved on until our next fight, it's a part of growing up. You and your brother are going to look back on it and laugh in the future. Calling the police would be the stupidest thing you could do. I swear families are so split up nowdays. Before no one ever used to even think about calling the police on a family member NO MATTER WHAT. You would never even think about it. But now it's perfectly normal. Society is breaking up big time. I'm all for moving on with time, but some traditional values such as marriage and family are things which are positive and we should take those good things from the past.
Wow it's really disturbing that you even considered calling the police on your brother. You're a sick person.

No matter what? Like child sex abuse?

You are the sick person, yes family complicates things but it all burns down to the same thing, abuse. Violence to this extent is abuse no matter if it is a stranger, wife, child or sibling.

I hate the notion that you can get away with being violent because she's your sister.
Original post by PrismaticCore
'One punch out of anger is more understandable'
No, no it isn't.
From what it sounds like, this brother is old enough to be regarded as somewhat mature. No mature human being has the right to hit anyone, apart from for self-defence.
Hitting his sister out of anger just not only shows weakness but also shows that he does not have control over the situation. One way or another this should be sorted before he does something like this again.

I'd recommend either taking him to anger management if he's the kind of guy to accept it, or just go to the GP and have them ring up the authorities because this kind of behaviour should never ever be tolerated. Yes, you provoked him, but you did not physically touch him.

Well it is. It really really is, one anger driven smack is miles apart from continued causing of pain. If he had smacked her out of anger and then realised what he'd done and gone 'oh god what have I done I'm so sorry are you okay I have anger issues I'll sort them out I'm so so sorry', it'd be far more forgivable. Extremely upsetting, yes, but humans make mistakes, especially when driven with anger. I have two sisters, all highly emotional there have been tennis balls thrown at heads and one has a permanent scar. It's like if two people have a fight out of anger it's far more understandable than one man beating the **** out of another. Beating someone up, especially your sister is unforgivable. It'd so different and I don't really know how to spell that out for you. :tongue:
Reply 51
Original post by Octohedral
Are you male or female?

Why would that matter? Someone was beaten up; you ask if they are OK, not what gender they are.
Original post by ninth2
Why would that matter? Someone was beaten up; you ask if they are OK, not what gender they are.

I knew that would be the response, which is why I didn't bother replying to the negs, but it's blatantly different for a boy to beat up a girl than it is for them to beat up another boy. If the OP was less than capable of defending herself (not entirely dependent on being a girl, but strongly related), and she was seriously injured and not exaggerating then it's abuse and I was going to advise her as such. If, on the other hand, boy or girl, she was about the same strength then it's more likely to be a fight between siblings, which happens all the time. It's also worrying from the boy's point of view that he is willing to beat up a girl because one day he may have a wife and children who are even less likely to be able to defend themselves.

I'm for equality generally, but pretending boys and girls are equal physically is just a delusion. We needed more information in order to help.
Original post by EffieFlowers
No matter what? Like child sex abuse?

You are the sick person, yes family complicates things but it all burns down to the same thing, abuse. Violence to this extent is abuse no matter if it is a stranger, wife, child or sibling.

I hate the notion that you can get away with being violent because she's your sister.

There is a big difference between a small kiddy fight and sexual abuse/physical abuse
I don't mean to be offensive but your mother does sound like a pure bitch.
Reply 55
Original post by PrismaticCore
'One punch out of anger is more understandable'
No, no it isn't.
From what it sounds like, this brother is old enough to be regarded as somewhat mature. No mature human being has the right to hit anyone, apart from for self-defence.
Hitting his sister out of anger just not only shows weakness but also shows that he does not have control over the situation. One way or another this should be sorted before he does something like this again.

I'd recommend either taking him to anger management if he's the kind of guy to accept it, or just go to the GP and have them ring up the authorities because this kind of behaviour should never ever be tolerated. Yes, you provoked him, but you did not physically touch him.

Why the hell are people negging this?

Why is it so acceptable here to have what is most likely a mature adult male beat up a female?

Obviously the circumstances are blurry and if it's an 8 year old boy, 'beating up' an 18 year old female the circumstances are different(though still that sort of violence in a young child is a cause of concern), but it's kind of shocking imho that people are taking such a casual view to it.

I don't know, maybe my interpretation of, 'beat up' is too literal, and maybe the ages aren't what the OP leads implies them to be from the tone of their post, but the responses here so far to me are very confusing.

People are raping the neg buttons too like there's no tomorrow.

EMZ.
Is your brother Chris Brown?
Reply 57
to be honest, what is disturbing is the ease with which he is ready to beat me up if I anger him. He did the same once to another sibling. It's like he cannot talk, but punch. :frown:

I am not going to report him, but really, I view him in disgust. I don't think I can forgive him, even after we eventually marry, have kids. I don't think I can forgive my mum either. I hate the family I have. :frown:

I feel so unlucky!
Wow you sound like a great family person.....

Seriously? If my brother beat the **** into me for a mere accusation while my Mum stood by and watched, they are hardly family to me... perhaps you have a warped view of family life.
Wait a minute...

He punched you, with his foot.

He punched you, with his foot...

On a serious note, if you didn't throw the first punch, that's terrible.

Quick Reply

Latest