The Student Room Group

M3 Pre-Exam thread (edexcel)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Any chance of some solutions on this thread? I appreciate that Arsey's probably busy with the umpteen other exams he creates solutions for. I'm just trying to work out how many raw marks I definitely got. Cheers :smile:
Original post by calslat
Any chance of some solutions on this thread? I appreciate that Arsey's probably busy with the umpteen other exams he creates solutions for. I'm just trying to work out how many raw marks I definitely got. Cheers :smile:

See post 322
Reply 402
What do people reckon the grade boundaries will be like?
I personally found this paper tough in parts - overall it was ok but there were a couple of panic inducing questions which were hard (finding 'k', part b of the triangle proof etc.).

I agree with one of the previous posts predicting boundaries similar to january 2010 - it wasn't the hardest paper ever but definitely the worst of the last 5/6 exam seasons.
Reply 404
Original post by PerArduaAdAstra
I personally found this paper tough in parts - overall it was ok but there were a couple of panic inducing questions which were hard (finding 'k', part b of the triangle proof etc.).

I agree with one of the previous posts predicting boundaries similar to january 2010 - it wasn't the hardest paper ever but definitely the worst of the last 5/6 exam seasons.

Are you sure? I know its a bit late to still be going on about it lol, however my Mechanics teacher said that it was one of the more difficult papers he had seen and personally found the k question evil. Jan 2010 boundaries were fairly high...
Original post by glug
Are you sure? I know its a bit late to still be going on about it lol, however my Mechanics teacher said that it was one of the more difficult papers he had seen and personally found the k question evil. Jan 2010 boundaries were fairly high...

I would definitely agree - sorry, I only mentioned Jan 10 because it has the lowest boundaries of the past 5/6 seasons (I think?) - the 'k' question was definitely grimy - literally only realised how to do it with about five minutes to spare...

Best of luck for results
Reply 406
Original post by PerArduaAdAstra
I would definitely agree - sorry, I only mentioned Jan 10 because it has the lowest boundaries of the past 5/6 seasons (I think?) - the 'k' question was definitely grimy - literally only realised how to do it with about five minutes to spare...

Best of luck for results

Ah ok, yeah that was one that I did not get on that paper, but hopefully I did well enough on the rest of it! Good luck to you too mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending