The Student Room Group

The TSR Transformation Contest Official Entry Thread - Now open for finish photos!

The TSR Transformation Contest Official Entry Thread

The TSR Transformation Contest is BACK.
- If you’re looking to lose weight, tone up, gain weight, or build muscle the TSR transformation contest is for you.
- The best ‘transformations’ will be crowned the winners.
- Everyone starts on a level playing field, and with 12 weeks of hard work, dedication and sacrifice ahead; it’s all to play for!
- Bigger and better prizes than the previous competition!

“Why should I enter the TSR Transformation Contest?
- Improve your health and fitness before university.
- A healthy goal to strive towards during the long summer.
- Perhaps you are lacking motivation and need extra encouragement.
- Extensive support and advice from the members of TSR’s fitness forum.
- Achieve your desired physique.
- Blog your progress and meet friends along the way.
- Broaden your own knowledge of health and fitness.
- Win fantastic prizes.

“Great, I’m convinced. How do I enter?”
- Take three photos of yourself, either in underwear or swimwear. A photo from the front, side, and back. Post more if you like, the more the merrier!
- At least one of the photos must contain the date in some form. This could be by holding a newspaper or your laptop with a website which shows the date.
- Try and take the photos in good lighting, and have similar lighting for the end pictures.
- Post your start pictures in this thread between these dates:
o 1st July 8th July
- Post your end pictures in this thread between these dates:
o 16th September 23rd September
- With a whole week for you to post your pictures, there are no excuses that you don’t have time!

By posting photographs in this thread, you acknowledge a) that the photographs are viewable by any individual wishing to access The Student Room and b) that you have the required permission for posting the photos on the internet. If you are under 18, this includes parental consent. Any photographs which are thought to be inappropriate will be removed.

“What are the prizes??”
- There will be a winner from each the male and female category with two runners up also in each category, that’s 6 winners in total!
- Prizes are as follows:

1st place: £100 worth of product from Maxiraw, a £30 voucher from Strength Shop and a 3 month TSR subscription.

2nd place: £50 worth of product from Maxiraw, a £20 voucher from Strength Shop and a 2 month TSR subscription.

3rd place: £50 worth of product from Maxiraw, a £10 voucher from Strength Shop and a 1 month TSR subscription.

Are there any other things I need to know before I start?”
- Judging will be: Commandant and the Fitness Mods will shortlist potential winners, and our main sponsor Maxiraw will then pick the top 3 male and female transformations
- Entrants must not be taking steroids and there should be no discussion on this topic. Moderators will remove all posts discussing steroids.
- Be sure to start your blog!

Here are pics of the male and female winners of the last competition to inspire you:

Spoiler

Helpful links providing support and advice:

Resources and support

List of entrants:

Male (29)

Spontogical (Start)
RoryoC (Start)
Derrick1509 (Start) | End!
crocker710 (Start)
eddition (Start)
LookIt'sPete (Start) | End!
cpdavis (Start) End Photos!
catjuam (Start)
Classical Liberal (Start) | End!
cowsforsale (Start) | End!
Schmuffolk (Start)
McHump92 (Start) | End!
CXDK (Start) | End!
HilariousNinja (Start) | End!
Transformational (Start)
Penguinsaysquack (Start) | End!
barney121 (Start)
TooEasy123 (Start)
tooosh (Start) | End!
Scoobiedoobiedo (Start)
Michael XYZ (Start) | End!
Stephan89 (Start)
Brotherhood (Start)
areebmazhar (Start) | End!
CJ (Start)
Shawshank (Start)
Mr Susan (Start)
Keeby30 (Start) | End!
The Troll Toll (Start) | End!

Female (25)

greeneyedgirl (Start) | End!
Moet et Kirst-don (Start)
RhiiSparks (Start)
InketyDink (Start)
Dancelikejones (Start)
AnonymityFTW (Start)
riotgrrl (Start) | End!
*jacey* (Start)
CherryCherryBoomBoom (Start)
shorty.loves.angels (Start)
totes_anon (Start)
Lantana (Start) | End!
EpicPenguin (Start) | End!
NavyStripes (Start)
Grafton (Start) | End!
Littlemisspiglet (Start)
MissLightyear (Start)
timeforchange (Start)
The_Goose (Start) | End!
Ronda (Start)
Sazzy890 (Start)
Boom.Squish (Start)
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please do not post entries until Sunday 1st July or we will have to remove them.
Please start posting your entries.
Reply 3
Spontogical's Entry

Front

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Back

Spoiler

Transformation Blog
(edited 11 years ago)
PinkMobilePhone has withdrawn from the contest. We wish her the best of luck for the future.
(edited 11 years ago)
xoxAngel_Kxox has withdrawn from the contest.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Looking forward to doing this for the first time. I think it will certainly inspire me to get fit quicker.

Front-

Spoiler

Side-

Spoiler

Back-

Spoiler

Proof-

Spoiler

My blog will be up soon!
120701155111.jpg120708214531.jpg120708213021.jpg 120701155442.jpg120708213005.jpg IMAG0072.jpg

I will be trying to increase my muscle size over the next 6 weeks and then try to lose the fat around the stomach for the rest of the 12 weeks. I will be hitting the gym around 4 times per week and split my workouts into bodyparts. Afterwards I will probably be doing HIIT to lose weight. :yy:

Stats:
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 89kg
Bodyfat: 25.6%
BMI: 25
Body fat mass: 21.8kg

My transformations blog is below.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2046650
(edited 11 years ago)
Starting pics (I took two from side because as my mum says half of my problem is posture, so first is normal posture, second is good posture)

Spoiler

Date pics (Included two, one to show original photos taken today, one to show collage made today)

Spoiler

I'm in again, hopefully going to stick it out this time!!

*I've changed these today (Tues. 3rd July) because they looked like they'd been taken on a gameboy colour camera attachment*

Check out my blog here [it's fairly boring, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't!]

Pictures
Front

Spoiler

Back

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Legs

Spoiler

Proof

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
I have taken the pics from my webcam and put the date stamp on it. Hope that's OK. Wasn't able to include pics of my legs on it though. Will take separate pics of that later.

I don't know if you can post these here but these are my stats:
Height- 178cm
Weight- 61.1kg
Age- 20
Bodyfat %- 11.7%

Hoping to put on some serious muscle by the end of september, hopefully get it up to 72kg.
Thought I'd give this ago, not sure how much of a transformation I'll make in 12 weeks, as I'm aiming to slightly reduce body fat and build muscle. I doubt the changes will be drastic, but hey who knows!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I will start up a blog when I get to the gym in the week, but it won't be tomorrow, as I competed today and right now I'm feeling exhausted, but I might go scout the local gyms, as I need to find a decent one for when I'm at home for the next month or so.
Reply 12
Here's my entry to the Transformation Contest. :smile: My goal is to lose body fat as well as maintaining/building muscle, and as I don't have one of the machines that can measure it available to me, I'm doing it by my body measurements so I hope that's okay! :biggrin:

My body stats at the moment are:

Weight: 135lbs

Bust: 32.5in
Upper Arms: L=11.5in R=11.5in
Waist: 27in
Hips: 34in
Seat: 38.5in
Thighs: L=23in R=23in
Calves: L=14.5in R=14.5in

My favourite part of my body is my upper back as I seem to have lost the majority of my body fat so far from there, but I can't wait to lose even more! :tongue:

I've provided my weight, however because I do weights A LOT, I don't know whether me dropping/not dropping weight will be an accurate determination of whether I've lowered my bodyfat percentage? I guess that will be for the judges to decide! :tongue:

Here are my starter pictures :smile:

Front:

Spoiler

Side:

Spoiler

Back:

Spoiler

Proof of Date:

Spoiler

Good luck to everyone, I can't wait to see all of your transformations in 12 weeks time! :biggrin:
If anyone wanted to follow my progress here's the link to my transformation blog on TSR!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reserved for my entry, will edit once I've uploaded the pics.

Hey guys, my name's Pete and I'm currently 183cm at around 74kg.

I'm looking to use this summer to mainly lose body fat (whilst maintaining as much muscle mass as possible) and hopefully at the same time improve my CV fitness and raw strength.

I'm currently eating at a slight calorific deficit, and my gym routine consists mainly of powerlifting/olympic weightlifting movements (still trying to get the technique right on olympic lifts) with weighted dips, pull-ups, situps etc.

Going on holiday for a week this Saturday, so really I'll be starting properly when I get back.

Here are some photos :biggrin:

Back:

Spoiler

Front:

Spoiler

Side:

Spoiler

Date:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
So I have entered once again and this time I want to stick it out to the end whatever I look like :yep:

Front

Side

Back

Date

I am going to try and loose a pound a week for the next 12 weeks. Therefore just under a stone :yep: How I took the back pic last time, I have no idea because this time it was so much harder :sadnod:
Reply 15
Hi everyone, here's my entry!

I'm trying to lose fat, and will also be measuring in terms of weight.

Starting weight: 14st10

Spoiler

And here is my blog: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2047210
(edited 11 years ago)
Yo! Would like to get a waist back, lost it somewhere in exam time, but just generally lose body fat and get more in shape.

Am 19, 5'3 and about 10 stone. I go to the gym and cycle quite a lot but I am so greedy so main challenge is to cut the crap out from my diet and see how it goes. Good luck to everyone!

Front :

Spoiler

Side :

Spoiler

Back :

Spoiler

Proof :

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
I'm 18 and have piled on about 2 stone in the last year and a bit, due to simple overeating.

My aim? To lose fat all over, gain muscle, improve posture and become fitter in general. I'm not so worried about weight. I just want to change my physical appearance (flatter tummy, smaller thighs, more defined waist..)

Bring on the pics... (yay mismatching underwear..)

Front

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Back

Spoiler

Date

Spoiler

Here's my blog, feel free to post suggestions and the like! I need lots of motivation as I'm sure all of us do :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2047795
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Age 21: Started lifting exactly a year ago simply addicted to it now (power lifting)... it's my everyday fuel . :tongue:

Spoiler

The most electrifying man on student room, weighing in at 154 pounds. If yaaa smell.......

IMG_0176.jpgIMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0191.jpgIMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0208.jpgIMG_0210.jpg

Plan of action. Get really really trim. Mainly to try and get all the fat off my face (get another photo up for that) but to also get a nice defined physique.

Probably going to consume at 2000kcal per day, heavy compound lifts in the gym, Keysi Fighting training (the bruise on my arm is from being hit repeatedly the other day), cricket, golf and the occasional run around the common.

Game on.

pictures proof.JPG
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest