The Student Room Group

physics home work help

the results are as followed:
mass number of oscillations
10 38
20 22
30 18
40 15

The period T of the pendulum is given by the time taken divided by the number of oscillations. Determine the period of the pendulum when only one fixed mass is attached.

could someone please explain what i should do to get my answer for the one fixed mass
can you post an image of the actual question? Your replication is confusing.

You didn't post any times?
Reply 2
well the teacher forgot to tell us to take not of the times.. and "The period T of the pendulum is given by the time taken divided by the number of oscillations. Determine the period of the pendulum when only one fixed mass is attached." was the actual question.
Reply 3
Original post by Shordaay
well the teacher forgot to tell us to take not of the times.. and "The period T of the pendulum is given by the time taken divided by the number of oscillations. Determine the period of the pendulum when only one fixed mass is attached." was the actual question.

You would be looking to draw a graph then?
Reply 4
yes i was asked to draw a graph before this question
Reply 5
but now i realised i placed the wrong title on the graph
Reply 6
but now i realised i placed the wrong title on the graph

Does it matter? And have you sketched in the graph?
Reply 7
well the graph i sketched was number of oscillations against mass and i was asked for number of oscillations again time
Reply 8
Shouldn't you have mass on one axis and Time of one oscillation on the other?
Reply 9
well no the graph question doesnt ask about mass it only ask for the number of oscillations as in the the 38,22,18, and 15 from the info i gave and time on the other but the problem i just realised i have is that i dont got the results for the time for the oscillations and i dont know what to do
Reply 10
well no the graph question doesnt ask about mass it only ask for the number of oscillations as in the the 38,22,18, and 15 from the info i gave and time on the other but the problem i just realised i have is that i dont got the results for the time for the oscillations and i dont know what to do

Yeah I'm sorry but I think that's meaningless. You need the times I'm afraid.
Reply 11
ok well thank you anyways for tryna help i'll try and see what i can do

Quick Reply

Latest