The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Most economical means of transport to GU?

I'm just curious how everyone made their way to the Glasgow Uni campus each day and what type of transport you've found to be the best value for money and quickest/most reliable.
I live in Motherwell so the only 2 options I have are getting the X11 bus to Buchanan Street and then the underground to Hillhead, or getting a local bus to the local trainstation and getting a train into Glasgow central then the underground again. I'm currently comparing the various monthly and yearly cards for SPt, First etc.

Anyone who also lives outside of Glasgow care to share what transport they have used?
Reply 1
The train. Bus would probably be cheaper but...*shudder*
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
I tend to just get a Zonecard, Buses are cheeper but can take forever. Getting a Zonecard covers trains, buses and the underground.
Get a bike. Bike to train station, train to Partick, bike to uni. Quick, cheap and it's a great way to stay in shape.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I live about 40 minutes away from the uni by car and I travel in everyday by getting the train to Central Station and then getting the subway. If I didn't get a ride in the morning to my local train station it would take about an hour and a half to get to GU. If I get a ride to the local station it only takes about an hour due to waiting for the train/subway + walking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending