The Student Room Group

Workout Music Thread

Scroll to see replies

romeosbitch
any music that has sex appeal eg Promiscious by Nelly Furtado, SexyBack by Jt, to be sexy is the reason im in there!

Sooo... if everyone had songs that matched why they were there... peoples' playlists would be full of songs that had "fatness" and "fitness" in it... which aren't many. :rolleyes:
Reply 21
Everytime We Touch - Cascada :biggrin:

But normally Lostprophets and Green Day keep me going! :smile:

[EDIT] Oh, and It's Raining Men by Geri Halliwell (it just came on :p:) :wink:
I use Rammstein's Sehnsucht album, cos it has a good beat to keep me going.
Sometimes I also use classical music fused with dance.
Reply 23
I always listen to my mp3 whenever I'm doing things like running, or situps, just to keep my mind of what I'm doing and have some fun while burning off fat!

Just curious, how do others keep their minds focused, or unfocused in my case. :biggrin:
Reply 24
I talk to my trainer, and my best friend :p:
Reply 25
Music. I like to listen to Underworld in the gym. In fact, it's the only time I ever listen to them!
Reply 26
I listen to music too, it definately makes working out seems less like a chore, and time seems to go quicker. Its so much more enjoyable! :biggrin:
Reply 27
I watch TV when i'm doing anything ab related, and listen to my MP3 player when jogging...although, I did listen recently to a Radio 4 documentary about a play about bugs; didn't half put me off.

So much so, in fact, that I ended up spitting all over myself as a nice man walked round the corner with his dog. Eugh.
Reply 28
Music :smile:
I'm going to start going jogging and I'll have my mp3 with me
Reply 29
Stranded
Linkin park's OK but seeing that they spend half of their songs screaming like maniacs, I'd rather go with dance music :dontknow:

#zomg#

That is all I have to say on the matter. :p:
the most exerciese I do is dance, so obviously there's music there, but I also sometimes do jogging and am in cross country team etc, and what I like about that is that there is just me and that's really nice and refreshing.
n u c l e a r b d h
#zomg#

That is all I have to say on the matter. :p:

Well, when you have someone screaming in your ear, it makes you want to run away faster. :ninja:
Reply 32
Linkin Park very rarely do, though... that's why I was so surprised to see that comment. :p:
I just watch sky sports when im on the running machine ( got a tv attached to it :biggrin: )
Music and/or reading (in the gym, if it's a machine that will support something like a newspaper - nothing too technical, of course :biggrin:)
I listen to music all the time, regardless :p:

Except when I'm at work :frown: Which I'm going to now in about 5 mins.
Reply 36
I don't usually listen to dance music but on the treadmill/other cardio etc it really improves my motivation.
I focus on my training.

If you need distracting, I suggest you find some other form of exercise that you enjoy.
Reply 38
listen to me ipod wenever at the gym..helps pass the time and keep the mind off the pain..jus dun get the wires tangled in the equipment..ARGH! not nice..
i listen to music, play on my brothers game boy and read. i just use an exercise bike so i dont need to have my hands occupied haha. i cant wait until summer when i can go out bike riding instead of having to stay in to keep fit!

Quick Reply

Latest