The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ManUtdFanDean
Cos he plays deep and has had some off games:wink:
;yes; He's not needed by England.
Rooney wasn't likely to score against Jamaica for similar reasons Gerrard didn't score against Germany the other night :rolleyes:
Jamaica was just an example, and I edited my post when I realised he didn't play in that match - but why not comment on 'or other easy games' for when Rooney did play?
Reply 23
a) You could say Crouch has done exceptionally well to make such a good impact in a 'short' space of time
b) If you think it's a 'short' space of time, even then, would that be a reason to drop Crouch? Surely any sane manager would let him continue his excellent form.

If the manager can see there is a huge difference in quality between 2 players, e.g. Rooney and Crouch (Yes I know they play different roles, but it's just a hypothetical example) then I think he is more than entitled to drop a form player.

And besides, I don't see what the fuss is about. Crouch isn't being dropped, is he?
Is Peter Crouch the entire England team? :p: Try to keep it closer to the general thread title please guys or take it to UFT. :smile:
Its hardly off-topic questioning Crouch and Rooney/other strikers contribution to the team :s-smilie:
True, it's on-topic since we're talking about them when playing for England.

I cba about Crouch anymore lol, I just find it insane for anyone to suggest that a top-form striker should be dropped. Whatever innit.
I thought Crouch was suspended?
True, it's on-topic since we're talking about them when playing for England.

I cba about Crouch anymore lol, I just find it insane for anyone to suggest that a top-form striker should be dropped. Whatever innit.

Has anyone said he should be dropped? He is suspended so cant play in the 1st so Mac has to pick two others. For the 2nd game he could be on the bench - it depends how the 1st two play. For the October games, I'd play Rooney and Crouch. Owen needs to play continual 90 minutes and score goals; reproducing the form that got him considered in the first place.
First post
Btw Owen doesn't need much time to start banging in the goals again. He's already off the mark since his latest comeback, and I think we should all remember his comeback last time - with a hat-trick lol.

He'll be fine. Expect goals from now.
Israel are often good defensively and will be difficult to break down. Patience is the key here so we don't want any wacky 3/4-0 predictions being built up. Last thing we need is the crowd get restless early on if no goals are scored.
Im surprised that Pennant hasn't been picked
lfc4life
Just as long as he doesnt get injured. Can't imagine how bad Newcastle will react this time...though it won't be as bad as if Gerrard gets injured after we warned england.

P.S How come your reputation is disabled...just curious.
I doubt he would again so quick lol. That would be so bad.

Meh, I don't even know. Asked mods but it's hardly worth asking them tbh.

Edit: Pennant deserves a chance in the England squad, he's been playing really well. Definitely living up to his price tag (and more). Wouldn't say I'm surprised though.
Captain Scarlet
I thought Crouch was suspended?

He is for Israel.

I'm not going to bother reading the previous page, as i'm sure its the boring Crouch debate again.

The fact is, when Crouch plays - he scores goals. You cannot deny the fact.
Btw Owen doesn't need much time to start banging in the goals again. He's already off the mark since his latest comeback, and I think we should all remember his comeback last time - with a hat-trick lol.

He'll be fine. Expect goals from now.
:smile:
Reply 36
Well he scored today, hopefully he'll do the business for England next week. Won't be long now before Owen's back to his best (injury permittng)
Reply 37
I don't think he'll ever be back to his best.. he'll never get that pace he once had. But as long as he's scoring then I won't complain.
coolworld37
Im surprised that Pennant hasn't been picked

Same here. You can usually rely on McClaren to make some crap decisions but guess not here
Economist
Same here. You can usually rely on McClaren to make some crap decisions but guess not here
yh he didnt pik justin hoyte

Latest