The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

winnie the poo
Tell me about it, I bought 25 a few months back - now i have 4...

Blu tac + back of guitar head + plectrums = your friend.
I have a double-sided adhesive stuck onto the back of a plectrum holder :wink:. I bought 9 a few months ago, and I have 9, thanks to fact that I just shove 'em back into the holder after use :biggrin:.
I've never lost a plectrum, even getting sweaty on stage. They do get thrown away though, once the point is totally worn down.
:adore: M4d skillz! :biggrin:
Reply 4144
I bought 100 Dunlop Gator Grips from the US. The great thing is there are only 2 or 3 in any one place, but wherever I am I can usually find one after 30 seconds of scouring the floor/surfaces :p:
Thanks for the rep, vector :biggrin:. I am still 1000 points away from a yellow gem, though :frown:.
I've managed to gype seven plectrums over time (mainly from the floor) :biggrin: Hmm... lets see...

- Venom
- grover allman M
- Gibson thin OooO :biggrin:
- Fender .73mm M OooO :biggrin:
- A pokemon Gengar one 1.30mm
- Dunlop .88m
- Dunlop .60mm
Reply 4147
Venom and fender are shocking. I cna't speak for grover/pokemon (:p:) and gibson are alright. Dunlop are just in a league of their own :biggrin:
I use my Stagg one. 0.73mm :biggrin: Does the job well enough :dontknow:.
I like my fender one; it feels leathery :biggrin: But tbh, I rarely use plectrums...
Reply 4150
Really? I can't really play without :redface:
I love using both my fingers and my plectrum :smile:. I'm comfortable with both.
Btw, any of you heard of Jason Mraz? Ah... he's fantastic, check out 'I'm Yours'.
Listening to it now... not bad! :biggrin:

Easy chords, though...
Jazz IIIs FTW :biggrin:
Danny_777
Jazz IIIs FTW :biggrin:

;yes;

I've lost all mine :frown:
Another yes for Jazz IIIs.

Though I'm non playing at the moment because for some reason despite wiring it about 5 different times my guitar is still not working. The pots work right but the switch is patently wrong and the signal is seriously damn quiet.

And I'm using the Ibanez wiring diagram!

ANGER.
Reply 4157
Jazz III's kick ass :smile:
Black Jazz III's FTW!
Does colour really matter? :s-smilie:

Latest