The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham vs. University of Manchester in Management

Hi everyone I am a final year high school student. I got similar offers from both universities. I visited them both but still cant decide!! Rankings are similar. University of Manchester is higher in the world ranking tho. Nottingham has a beautiful campus looks great whereas Manchester is a city university. I prefer campus but everybody says Manchester is really fun and all. They also say Nottingham is not safe actually I dont really mind that since I am from Istanbul Lol:smile:) Finally my programme in Nottingham is management with spanish. It is a 4 year programme 3rd year spent in a spanish speaking country. The course in Manchester is management(marketing). So help me decide pleaseee...!!:woo: :smile:
Reply 1
In addition to this, Nottingham is pretty safe nowadays as crime levels have gone down significantly thanks to the police force.
Reply 2
so now you are doing masters in marketing??
Reply 3
Asli92
so now you are doing masters in marketing??

Yes indeed, and if you prefer campus rather than a city based university then maybe that's your answer.
Reply 4
yes actually I certainly do but I am just afraid cuz everybody says Manchester is a better university and its more fun and blah blah blah!
Reply 5
I don't think it's so much the uni that you're deciding between from what you've said. More, I think that you need to decide whether or not you would like to do Spanish with Management and then if yes, pick Notts, if not, Manchester is the uni for you.

For me, I had offers from both Management and Management with French but chose to do the year abroad and the French aspect to my degree, so Nottingham was the place for me. If you have any questions about Management with a language at Nottingham, feel free to ask.
Reply 6
Asli92
yes actually I certainly do but I am just afraid cuz everybody says Manchester is a better university and its more fun and blah blah blah!

Forget what everyone says.. Nottingham is still a prestigious university and if you feel that you'll be happier at Nottingham instead of Manchester then wouldn't you much like to come here? Rather than risk being unhappy when in Manchester.. Granted, I might have to say the nightlife up there is much better than Nottingham because it is a bigger city but around 60% and more would be spent on studying for your Degree.
Reply 7
Lol thanks that makes me feel better besides I am 17 in Turkey they dont reli care about the +18 but I guess they will in the UK:smile:
Reply 8
Default Re: University of Nottingham vs. University of Manchester in Management

I don't think it's so much the uni that you're deciding between from what you've said. More, I think that you need to decide whether or not you would like to do Spanish with Management and then if yes, pick Notts, if not, Manchester is the uni for you.

For me, I had offers from both Management and Management with French but chose to do the year abroad and the French aspect to my degree, so Nottingham was the place for me. If you have any questions about Management with a language at Nottingham, feel free to ask.

Well yes I do want to do Management with Spanish I have been learning Spanish for 2 years and I dont want to forget it. Also when you go there do they put you into different levels for language since everybody wouldnt know at the same level right?
Reply 9
No. If you're on the Management Studies with Spanish degree then you'd just be put with the first year Spanish lectures, including the grammar module. In this, you'll work at your own level and the aim of first year grammar is to get everyone up to the same level. So, if you want to do Management with Spanish, is your decision not made for you?
Reply 10
yes actually and I love the campus and all:smile: But I dont want to make a mistakeeee
Reply 11
Although I am a Nottingham student who studies at the business school and so am kind of biased, Nottingham is incredible! Seriously don't worry about what other people say, it's so much fun here, i've never seen any serious crime at all and the police are everywhere anyway, and as you say the campus is beautiful especially in summer. I also prefer campuses to cities, and the city is 5 minutes down the road on the bus anyway.

Not that I'm telling you to go to Nottingham, but I would say it's a wise choice
:yes:
Reply 12
thanksss:smile: waitin forward to see you guys there=)))
Reply 13
thankss:smile: I am so excited waiting forward 2 c u guys there(:
Reply 14
Both Business Schools are very good, but Manchester Business School is in my opinion more reputable. However the notion of "reputation" is quite subjective, so don't take my comment too serious :=).
Reply 15
hey everyone.! i am final year school student. i have got offer from both the universities, but i am really confused because both of them has good rankings. i have applied for management course. so please help me out ? just wanna know which university is better in campus as well as in management course ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending