The Student Room Group

What do I do about this?

This may seem really silly but it's bothering me so I decided to post on here. I recently added my ex on facebook(it's been 7 months and I thought wounds had healed). However, I now find myself constantly on her profile looking at her wall posts and photos and feeling bad. It's pretty obvious I'm not over her though I would not want to get back with her, which is anyway out of the question as she has made it pretty clear to me that she does not have those feelings for me anymore.
I can't delete her now, it would look so stupid. I practically 'begged' her to accept my friendship request and told her it wouldn't be an issue as I was over her and we could just be friends. How do I get my mind off this?
What hurts the most is that she doesnt' give a **** about me or where I am or what I'm doing, while I still care so much.

Scroll to see replies

Make the most of it. E.g. Print off her pictures and w4nk off to them.
Original post by Consilio Et Animis
Make the most of it. E.g. Print off her pictures and w4nk off to them.

It's really ****ing with my head so as much as I appreciate humour, I'd really appreciate some good advice at this point.
Original post by impressionist89
It's really ****ing with my head so as much as I appreciate humour, I'd really appreciate some good advice at this point.

Then be a man about it and delete her. Otherwise you'll keep stalking her, and it's obviously not doing you any good.
What he said. ^
This may seem really silly but it's bothering me so I decided to post on here. I recently added my ex on facebook(it's been 7 months and I thought wounds had healed). However, I now find myself constantly on her profile looking at her wall posts and photos and feeling bad. It's pretty obvious I'm not over her though I would not want to get back with her, which is anyway out of the question as she has made it pretty clear to me that she does not have those feelings for me anymore.
I can't delete her now, it would look so stupid. I practically 'begged' her to accept my friendship request and told her it wouldn't be an issue as I was over her and we could just be friends. How do I get my mind off this?
What hurts the most is that she doesnt' give a **** about me or where I am or what I'm doing, while I still care so much.

I had the exact same problem with my ex-boyfriend. Like you, I begged him to accept my friend request, and he did. This was 6 months after we broke up. Like you, I thought I was over him. Like you, I realised I wasn't. Like you, he didn't seem to care about me at. all.
What I did was delete him. Went out more. Realised he really wasn't the centre of the Universe, as I had supposed. I realised I was actually a really fun, cute, sexy girl that a lot of guys wanted to date! I got asked out by a LOT of guys once I had loosened up abit, which increased my self-esteem and helped me appreciate my worth. Two months later, I got a friend request from him. I accepted. He's started chasing me all over again, realised how I don't give a **** about him in like manner. He's practically begging for me back. But I'm the one over him now.
What goes around comes around. And even if it doesn't you'll realise you were being stupid by not letting her go.
Reply 6
It's a bit pathetic to delete her after making all that fuss, in the nicest way possible. Why did you want her to add you again? In fairness, it sounds like whether or not you have her on facebook, you're not going to be happy. Ignore her, hide her posts from your news feed (you can do that) and try to get into the habit of stopping yourself before you view her profile.

Are you ever going to be friends with her? Because to me it doesn't seem like you are, so if you've got her on facebook, is there really any point?
Original post by Consilio Et Animis
Then be a man about it and delete her. Otherwise you'll keep stalking her, and it's obviously not doing you any good.

So do I delete her from my life completely? Stop texting, online talking everything? She's bound to mock me
So do I delete her from my life completely? Stop texting, online talking everything? She's bound to mock me

If you're always going to think about what people think of you/do to you, then you will get nowhere in life. BE A MAN.
Delete her! If she doesn't care about you then she won't care whether she's your friend or not :dontknow: x
Original post by Jessaay!
It's a bit pathetic to delete her after making all that fuss, in the nicest way possible. Why did you want her to add you again? In fairness, it sounds like whether or not you have her on facebook, you're not going to be happy. Ignore her, hide her posts from your news feed (you can do that) and try to get into the habit of stopping yourself before you view her profile.

Are you ever going to be friends with her? Because to me it doesn't seem like you are, so if you've got her on facebook, is there really any point?

I want to be friends with her, but she really doesn't care. She thinks exes can't be friends but has finally added me because I kept pestering her. It sounds really pathetic, but I can't get over her at all, however hard I try. I wanted her to add me again because I thought we could just be friends. Atleast if I don't have her on Facebook, I have no way to find out what she's doing or up to(because she totally ignores my texts anyway).
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
Delete her! If she doesn't care about you then she won't care whether she's your friend or not :dontknow: x

Yeah but then she'd probably never talk to me again.
Reply 12
Just hide her newsfeed and you'll forget about her, that's what I did. :thumbsup:
Original post by Anonymous
I had the exact same problem with my ex-boyfriend. Like you, I begged him to accept my friend request, and he did. This was 6 months after we broke up. Like you, I thought I was over him. Like you, I realised I wasn't. Like you, he didn't seem to care about me at. all.
What I did was delete him. Went out more. Realised he really wasn't the centre of the Universe, as I had supposed. I realised I was actually a really fun, cute, sexy girl that a lot of guys wanted to date! I got asked out by a LOT of guys once I had loosened up abit, which increased my self-esteem and helped me appreciate my worth. Two months later, I got a friend request from him. I accepted. He's started chasing me all over again, realised how I don't give a **** about him in like manner. He's practically begging for me back. But I'm the one over him now.
What goes around comes around. And even if it doesn't you'll realise you were being stupid by not letting her go.

I appreciate your advice and it has helped me feel a bit better. Though I doubt she would care at all whether I went out with someone else either. A couple of months ago, I tried to make her 'jealous' by telling her I was dating someone else. She replies 'I couldn't give a **** about who you're dating. Please stop texting me'.
Reply 14

Strip club.
Yeah but then she'd probably never talk to me again.

But do you want her to, if all you're ever going to be is friends? x
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
But do you want her to, if all you're ever going to be is friends? x

In a strange, FRUSTRATING way, I do. She talks to me like ****, but yet I keep talking to her.
I appreciate your advice and it has helped me feel a bit better. Though I doubt she would care at all whether I went out with someone else either. A couple of months ago, I tried to make her 'jealous' by telling her I was dating someone else. She replies 'I couldn't give a **** about who you're dating. Please stop texting me'.

My ex was arguably more abusive than yours sounds. Telling your ex your dating someone else is just generic, everyone tries it. When I tried it, I got told to "**** off to his **** then". Trust me, kid, you have to press that delete button. When people morph from your lovey dovey partner to an indifferent monstrosity, it hurts. Like hell. You're left wondering what the hell went wrong and why they've changed so much. But trust me, it's a fact of life. FORCE yourself to forget her and move on. FORCE yourself to accept then you really shouldn't care whether she ever sees you again or not.
Reply 18
Meet someone else.
Original post by Anonymous

P.S. can we hook up?

Quick Reply