The Student Room Group

anyone got replies from uni's for nutrition/dietetics?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by xsophiexmx
just received an offer for nutrition at QMU, but i applied for the dietetics course :frown:

Yeah me too! Sucks, I don't want to do nutrition!!
Reply 61
I've heard a lot of people applied for dietetics and got an offer for nutrition! Might do that then a pg in dietetics
Reply 62
Original post by xsophiexmx
I've heard a lot of people applied for dietetics and got an offer for nutrition! Might do that then a pg in dietetics

I thought of doing that but they say it's even harder to get into dietetics that way than it is to just get into an undergraduate dietetics course, but i don't know, i mean some people obviously manage it :smile: good luck whatever you decide.
Reply 63
Original post by Smaij
I thought of doing that but they say it's even harder to get into dietetics that way than it is to just get into an undergraduate dietetics course, but i don't know, i mean some people obviously manage it :smile: good luck whatever you decide.

Yes it can be really difficult - there aren't that many places in the country that do PG Dietetics. I'm an UG at Chester and I have heard the PG is much more competitive than the UG, which is also very hard to get on to.

Xsophiexmx if you do decide on that route just spend the next three years working hard at the nutrition degree and doing everything you can to enhance your PG application, including volunteering.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by elizabethm
I have one on the 23rd of March finally! :smile: how about you?

Ooh well done :smile:

Mines on the 9th March :/
Reply 65
Original post by chocolate_moose
Ooh well done :smile:

Mines on the 9th March :/

Oh when did you hear about your invitation!
I sent my questionnaire the 13th of Februari but I still haven't heard anything about it yet!
Reply 66
Original post by Mahogany
I sent my questionnaire the 13th of Februari but I still haven't heard anything about it yet!

I sent mine in november and haven't heard anything either :s-smilie:

I think i've only got mine so early because i sent the questionnaire back in like November :/
Our school made us send our UCAS forms back ridiculously early!
Reply 68
I think i've only got mine so early because i sent the questionnaire back in like November :/
Our school made us send our UCAS forms back ridiculously early!

I sent mine back about that time too... I probably forgot to press send or something knowing me :redface: Whoops~ I really hope they don't send me through an interview date that clashes with my chemistry practical exams :s-smilie:
Original post by BethBeth
I sent mine back about that time too... I probably forgot to press send or something knowing me :redface: Whoops~ I really hope they don't send me through an interview date that clashes with my chemistry practical exams :s-smilie:

I'm sure if you explain you've got exams they'll offer you another date :smile:
Reply 70
I'm sure if you explain you've got exams they'll offer you another date :smile:

Lets hope so! :smile: Nottingham is the last one to get back to me... so I just want it all over and done with now :tongue: I'm too impatient :biggrin:
Reply 71
Hi, I've got a conditional offer for Nutrition at Bournemouth (260 points with C in maths)!
Anyone else looking to go there? I've found no one on here so far :L :/
Reply 72
I applied Hertfordshire, Surrey, Plymouth, Leeds met & Coventry, Got all conditionals but want to goto Hertfordshire. Im on an access course in Bio-Med Sciences and the offer Herts gave me was to get 15 units at distinction in chemistry and 15 in biology... Ok doesnt seem too bad however my course only does 12 in chemistry :-/ I dont know whether to ring up and say anything; also I already have a couple merits so I cannot get the grades needed anyway. What do you reckon?
Has anyone had a Nottingham interview yet?? Has anyone heard back from them who has? :smile:
Reply 74
Has anyone had a Nottingham interview yet?? Has anyone heard back from them who has? :smile:

I had mine last Wednesday! They told us it was their final interview day and they'll be sending out offers between 7-14 days :smile:
Reply 75
Just got a rejection for Notts, but they offered me unconditional for Nutrition Bsc.. Just firmed Surrey :biggrin:
Reply 76
Original post by danwhite50
I applied Hertfordshire, Surrey, Plymouth, Leeds met & Coventry, Got all conditionals but want to goto Hertfordshire. Im on an access course in Bio-Med Sciences and the offer Herts gave me was to get 15 units at distinction in chemistry and 15 in biology... Ok doesnt seem too bad however my course only does 12 in chemistry :-/ I dont know whether to ring up and say anything; also I already have a couple merits so I cannot get the grades needed anyway. What do you reckon?

Yeah i think you should contact them, they probably misunderstood which access course you're doing or something. Good luck!
I had mine last Wednesday! They told us it was their final interview day and they'll be sending out offers between 7-14 days :smile:

Oooh. The suspense is killing me! Haa!
Reply 78

I got my offer from Nottingham today for Nutrition/Dietetics :smile:
Reply 79
I got my offer from notts today as well :smile: first choice i think.. don't know what the offer is yet though! The letter said ucas would let me know, did they say that to you?

Quick Reply

Latest