The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No
have you looked at tescomobile
I'm on talkmobile and i've actually never ever had any problems with them... My phone is awsome and my deal is cheap and my reception (internet too) is always brilliant... They're even always really polite in their call centres lol... I think they're great :smile:
Reply 4
No, Talkmobile are crap. Way too expensive for an MVNO.

Just buy the phone and immediately port your number out if it's PAYG.
Original post by dulcificum
No, Talkmobile are crap. Way too expensive for an MVNO.

Just buy the phone and immediately port your number out if it's PAYG.

I don't know what deal the OP is after, but the general consensus elsewhere was a particular contract they had on one of the new HTC phones was market leading (and only a 12 month tie-in).
Reply 6
Would love to see it. Their PAYG deals are many times worse than "market leading".
Reply 7
Would love to see it. Their PAYG deals are many times worse than "market leading".

What do you think of this deal?
Reply 8
Talkmobile use Vodafone's network, so they will be identical to Vodaphone.
Reply 9
Except in price. But then it's hard to be worse than Vodafone on that count.

There can also be throttling on MVNOs.
Reply 10
You can save £10 a month with Giffgaff goodybags which would give you £240 to buy a phone with and none of the crap that comes with a contract. Oh, and unlimited texts and real unlimited data too.

I looked into getting a Desire S on PAYG and then using Giffgaff, but couldn't find one for anything like £240, except on Gumtree, and I wasn't sure how trustworthy the people on there were considering the cheap prices for what should be an expensive phone.
eBay and Gumtree are safe if you're sensible.
Original post by Plonk
I looked into getting a Desire S on PAYG and then using Giffgaff, but couldn't find one for anything like £240, except on Gumtree, and I wasn't sure how trustworthy the people on there were considering the cheap prices for what should be an expensive phone.

that's £480 over two years plus a second hand phone with no warranty. with talkmmobile, you should effectively pay £432 plus you get a free brand new phone and 50 more mins. if u don't plan on changing this phone for the next 18 months. get it on contract.
Reply 13
I've just come to the end of a two-year contract on talkmobile. Never had any problems whatsoever, and really good signal (Vodaphone's well-known for having fab signal, and talkmobile's identical). I just had to end the contract (not for anything they've done, just my needs have changed and I can't get the right contract/phone combination with them) and they were really polite and helpful about it; I'd say go for it x
I don;t think being polite and helpful is going to make me happy about throwing £100s away.
Reply 15
I don;t think being polite and helpful is going to make me happy about throwing £100s away.

With all due respect, I was talking to the original poster, for whom talkmobile have an excellent deal; I know the one they're talking about and if it wasn't for the fact that I need unlimited texts I'd go for it myself. For a lot of people, customer service is one of the things they consider when entering into a new contract, so I was trying to give them this information to help them make that decision.

In other words, this isn't your thread, and I wasn't talking to you, so please quit being sarcastic when I and other people are only trying to help the OP.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending