The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Off we go then, see you lot (there's not a lot of you) at full time.

COYS
Original post by rockrunride
Off we go then, see you lot (there's not a lot of you) at full time.

COYS

JD could be a massively fat person.
VILLA: Given, Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Warnock; Hutton, Petrov, Herd, Heskey; Agbonlahor, Bent.

Hutton in midfield? :holmes: Very weak midfield for us.
Reply 1043
Original post by little_wizard123
VILLA: Given, Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Warnock; Hutton, Petrov, Herd, Heskey; Agbonlahor, Bent.

Hutton in midfield? :holmes: Very weak midfield for us.

hmm so they will just double up on Bale. Heskey vs Lennon?
A reminder that there's a match thread for Tottenham v Aston Villa.
Original post by dn013
hmm so they will just double up on Bale. Heskey vs Lennon?

Possibly. Modric and VDV will hurt us just as much tbh. Very glad to see Cuellar back from injury, about time. He's class.

I'd much rather see Albrighton, Bannan or N'Zogbia instead of Heskey :rolleyes:
dominant tbh
Nice, I think if you guys can keep everyone fit you stand a really good chance of CL football. The first XI is a strong squad, and Adebayor seems to be finding his feet, with regular games, and the right motivation which I think will grow as the race hots up, he is a top striker.

I would expect you to win most of you fixtures between here and Xmas. West Brom, Bolton both not strong teams this season. Stoke at away could be tough but I would expect to see you pull though that. Sunderland have again been pretty poor and you are at home, Chelsea will be the toughest, but with their poor defending and the pace you have going forward I think you should be able to come away with something. Norwich and Swansea, banana skins but you would expect to take all 3 points.
Reply 1048
Do Spurs fans on here agree with Redknapp that you guys could be in with a good shout for the title this season? :holmes:
Original post by Abiraleft
Do Spurs fans on here agree with Redknapp that you guys could be in with a good shout for the title this season? :holmes:
he said on sky sports after the game that he didnt think we had a chance of the title and said we should aim to get our best ever finish?

Original post by Kevmeister
JD could be a massively fat person.

How rude :tongue:
Reply 1050
Original post by jermaindefoe
he said on sky sports after the game that he didnt think we had a chance of the title and said we should aim to get our best ever finish?

How rude :tongue:

According to this report, he said if you continued this form, you could win the league. :confused: He didn't say it in the manner my previous post suggested (:colondollar:) but I was wondering if any Spurs fans thought you guys had a chance at the title this season.
According to this report, he said if you continued this form, you could win the league. :confused: He didn't say it in the manner my previous post suggested (:colondollar:) but I was wondering if any Spurs fans thought you guys had a chance at the title this season.

there is more chance of me playing deep penetrative balls between abby clancys legs tbh
Reply 1052
Gotta love 'Arry sometmes
Reply 1053
there is more chance of me playing deep penetrative balls between abby clancys legs tbh

:rofl: Fair enough. :tongue:
Hes welsh he runs on the wing

gareth bale gareth bale gareth baleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
It'll be interesting to see how we press on. Everyone has their blips though, and though bread and butter games have been more easily won so far this season (unlike last season, if anyone remembers my emotional crumble after losing away to Blackpool) there will come a time when we'll lose something we expect to get something out of. I expect the same of Citeh and United.

We won't win the league. But I think we will come fourth at least this year.

well he didnt say anywhere he wouldn't take a pay cut? But, if we are too compete at the top we need to pay the wages. We need a new stadium badly, but another run in the champions league would surely give us enough to slowly break the wage cap a couple of players at a time whilst still maintaining enough in the kitty for some towards a new stadium and a couple of faces. We made £160mill? the year of our champs league run, breaking previous club records i am sure a similar run in the champions league would see us sorted for a good while.
Reply 1058
well he didnt say anywhere he wouldn't take a pay cut? But, if we are too compete at the top we need to pay the wages. We need a new stadium badly, but another run in the champions league would surely give us enough to slowly break the wage cap a couple of players at a time whilst still maintaining enough in the kitty for some towards a new stadium and a couple of faces. We made £160mill? the year of our champs league run, breaking previous club records i am sure a similar run in the champions league would see us sorted for a good while.

He wasn't very explicit about it, but I'd say he suggested it:

We all play football to get money...

I'm taking my own wages to do it and I will keep doing (charity) until the end of my career. I will leave it [the talks about next season] to Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy and Khaldoon [al-Mubarak], the chairman of Manchester City, to find a solution between themselves

If someone needs to find a solution, surely there's a problem. :dontknow:

Also, if that article is factually correct, Spurs are already paying Adebayor 70K/week; would Spurs fans be happy to break the wage ceiling to 100K+/week for him? Especially given Modric is rumoured to be pushing for up to 100K/week.
He wasn't very explicit about it, but I'd say he suggested it:

If someone needs to find a solution, surely there's a problem. :dontknow:

Also, if that article is factually correct, Spurs are already paying Adebayor 70K/week; would Spurs fans be happy to break the wage ceiling to 100K+/week for him? Especially given Modric is rumoured to be pushing for up to 100K/week.

Maybe he wants more than 70k and will settle for a 100, we dont really know the extent of what he wants. What he keeps saying is that he is really happy etc so why should he make a meal of it.I hope he doesn't tbh.

I personally believe that we have to tread carefully breaking our wage cap. Once we do it for one it will be hard to stop for others, setting a precedent might have implications that we just can't manage until we get the new stadium, conversley not doing it means they all leave - its a paradox :sigh:

Quick Reply

Latest