The Student Room Group

How low of an offer is CCC?

Obviously it's not amazing, I'm aware of that. But is that pretty much as low as they go? I have an offer from Oxford Brookes for BBC which isn't too bad, but unfortunately due to location being a priority, I can only choose Kingston as my insurance which is CCC. Of course I will shoot for my top offer, but hypothetically speaking if I didn't make it, is Kingston really THAT bad? I'm studying English Language btw. Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by DanLorenzo
Obviously it's not amazing, I'm aware of that. But is that pretty much as low as they go? I have an offer from Oxford Brookes for BBC which isn't too bad, but unfortunately due to location being a priority, I can only choose Kingston as my insurance which is CCC. Of course I will shoot for my top offer, but hypothetically speaking if I didn't make it, is Kingston really THAT bad? I'm studying English Language btw. Thanks!

When I was at VI Form, CCC was the standard UCL offer.
Reply 2
Original post by Clip

And the award for most unhelpful answer goes to....
Original post by DanLorenzo

CCC isnt too bad. Lots of other unis like teeside and sunderland and york st john require round about them grades for English. Really its more about degree classification unless you go to a 'top' uni or oxbridge, so if you work hard then a Kingston degree probably its gonna harm your career prospects. You should instead be asking if you want to go to Kingston and if you got a good feeling from the place and like the sound of the course.
Original post by Clip

Yes, but which side of 40 are you?
If you like the look of the course and feel you could do really well, go for Kingston. The grade requirements are middle-range really, I've seen plenty of courses wanting much less. Focus on your degree classification as opposed to prestige, there's plenty of people graduating from top uni's who cannot secure jobs so going to a uni for its prestige carries no guarantees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending