Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580

My latest tattoo
Reply 1581
Original post by RachelWest

My new tattoo, only took slightly short of 2 hours. I love it :smile:

Some moles getting in the way but nevermind

I like your foot :sexface: :perv:

EDIT: And your back piece is absolutely out of this world.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tufc
I like your foot :sexface: :perv:

EDIT: And your back piece is absolutely out of this world.

Hi, I am thinking of getting my second tattoo later this year. I want it on my side (ribs) , just below where your bra strap would be....anyone had one of these? do they look okay? thanks :smile: x
Original post by 12sophie
Hi, I am thinking of getting my second tattoo later this year. I want it on my side (ribs) , just below where your bra strap would be....anyone had one of these? do they look okay? thanks :smile: x

Hey, haven't had one but looking to get my second tattoo in a similar place! I think it depends what you are wanting to get, shape wise and stuff! What you getting?
Reply 1585

Original post by Phoenix07
Hey, haven't had one but looking to get my second tattoo in a similar place! I think it depends what you are wanting to get, shape wise and stuff! What you getting?

I'm a guy, but I think tattoos look great on the side whether female or male.

Here's my tattoo that is in progress at the moment. Next 2hr session on Monday. :smile:

It's a phoenix with a nature theme to the design.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Cyclo
I'm a guy, but I think tattoos look great on the side whether female or male.

Here's my tattoo that is in progress at the moment. Next 2hr session on Monday. :smile:

It's a phoenix with a nature theme to the design.

thats really cool, I love it! You having it in colour or black?
I want a phoenix on my rib cage too but can't decide on the colour yet! #
Can I ask how much it hurt though, because I had my first one on my ankle and that didn't hurt at all but I have heard it is quite painful on your ribcage?
Reply 1587
thats really cool, I love it! You having it in colour or black?
I want a phoenix on my rib cage too but can't decide on the colour yet! #
Can I ask how much it hurt though, because I had my first one on my ankle and that didn't hurt at all but I have heard it is quite painful on your ribcage?

I'm not sure yet. I'm going to get the outline completed first and take it from there. I was just thinking about black and grey to start with, but the I may go for some colour. The tattoo artist is very keen to turn it in to something amazing wanting to add things here and there so I have had to calm him down a little and take it one step at a time. He wanted to add a tail appearing through flames arcing around my lower back and up the other side. Not sure I want that much work done, but i'll have a look at the sketches on Monday.

I can honestly say that it was mostly pain free. The first 5 minutes on my ribs was a little prickly and the fleshier parts lower down felt like a more deeper burning (only lightly) type pain, but your body adjusts to it very quickly and you're fine after a short while. Had a break half way through to get a drink and something to eat as it does take a lot out of you. Needed the energy.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Cyclo
I'm not sure yet. I'm going to get the outline completed first and take it from there. I was just thinking about black and grey to start with, but the I may go for some colour. The tattoo artist is very keen to turn it in to something amazing wanting to add things here and there so I have had to calm him down a little and take it one step at a time. He wanted to add a tail appearing through flames arcing around my lower back and up the other side. Not sure I want that much work done, but i'll have a look at the sketches on Monday.

I can honestly say that it was mostly pain free. The first 5 minutes on my ribs was a little prickly and the fleshier parts lower down felt like a more deeper burning (only lightly) type pain, but your body adjusts to it very quickly and you're fine after a short while. Had a break half way through to get a drink and something to eat as it does take a lot out of you. Needed the energy.

Ah cool well it looks really awesome already so I am sure it'll look amazing when it is done! I want a couple of things combined for my tattoo so need to go in to talk to a tattoo artist at somepoint but its difficult finding one that I like! But you'll have to show us pictures of it when you get more done :smile:

I am hoping it won't hurt to much, was nervous before the first one and it didn't hurt at all thankfully! But I will power through because I really want one and yours looks ace! Just need to get the cash together now!

Hi, well nothing as big as the guy who posted his picture on here (although that will look amaziing when finished :smile: ) I just wanted a black outline of something (not sure what yet) about 4cm x 4cm. So not very big....

What about you? x
Hi, well nothing as big as the guy who posted his picture on here (although that will look amaziing when finished :smile: ) I just wanted a black outline of something (not sure what yet) about 4cm x 4cm. So not very big....

What about you? x

Well I want a phoenix, but again not as big as his! But have issues deciding if I want it just black, bit of colour or what! I can't decide what would look best, don't want lots of colour though! I am worried about the pain factor on the ribcage though! Where was your first tattoo?
Well I want a phoenix, but again not as big as his! But have issues deciding if I want it just black, bit of colour or what! I can't decide what would look best, don't want lots of colour though! I am worried about the pain factor on the ribcage though! Where was your first tattoo?

Okay, sounds good :smile: My first was on my hip, only small, but the pain really isnt that bad at all. There is nothing to worry about with the pain in my opinion, i was really scared, and now a month later i am thinking of getting my second tattoo.... :P x
Okay, sounds good :smile: My first was on my hip, only small, but the pain really isnt that bad at all. There is nothing to worry about with the pain in my opinion, i was really scared, and now a month later i am thinking of getting my second tattoo.... :P x

My first was on my ankle and that didn't hurt hence the wanting another one :tongue: but the tattoo artist then said he ran out when he went to get one on his ribcage because it hurt to much but it won't stop me, I think I have the tattoo bug now :tongue: x
My first was on my ankle and that didn't hurt hence the wanting another one :tongue: but the tattoo artist then said he ran out when he went to get one on his ribcage because it hurt to much but it won't stop me, I think I have the tattoo bug now :tongue: x

Uh ohhhh, that doesnt sound too reassuring.... :L Im going to have to wait until the end of the year before i get this one, or i think my parents will disown me..but let me know how yours goes if you get it done :smile: x
Uh ohhhh, that doesnt sound too reassuring.... :L Im going to have to wait until the end of the year before i get this one, or i think my parents will disown me..but let me know how yours goes if you get it done :smile: x

Haha yer my parents don't want me getting another one, and my little sister shouted at me and told me I wasn't allowed to get another one :/ bad times! But going to wait till summer when I can afford it and get one done for my 21st birthday :smile:
Reply 1595

always wanted to get this logo on my wrist, but want to work in nhs so can't really.
Just had my first of two sessions on a new tattoo. Looks great, very happy with it! Anyone else get overly paranoid though about the whole aftercare process? So many different versions of the best way to do it, and I hate seeing the tattoo drying up in anyway!
Original post by FilthyYouth
Just had my first of two sessions on a new tattoo. Looks great, very happy with it! Anyone else get overly paranoid though about the whole aftercare process? So many different versions of the best way to do it, and I hate seeing the tattoo drying up in anyway!

My tattoo artist's wife confiscated his phone and sent my calls to voicemail I asked so many questions. By my second one I was okay though. It always works out fine, but I completely understand the paranoia, I don't think I've ever been as terrified as when my maxi dress caught on one of the scabs and ripped it off. Luckily it was healed underneath so it didn't pull out any of the ink and it was fine, but I was sat in the uni library inspecting my ankle till a librarian came over and told me to stop! You get used to it.

I'm definitely not getting orange again though, I thought the bitch would never heal!
Reply 1598
Hi everyone!

I got my second tattoo 8 days ago and am getting a little worried about the healing! It's on my foot and was fine the first few days, just sore. Now it's starting to scab and I went swimming today for about half an hour, didn't think anything of it until I got out the pool and the whole thing was tight and sore and white flakes around it. I've had bepanthem on it every day since I got it done and thought that by now the scabbing should be coming to an end?

My first one was on my thigh and I didn't have any problems, but this is worrying me as it's script and will look messy if any of the ink comes away!

Any advice?

The picture is the day I got it done :smile: sals tattoo.jpg
How about a picture of how it looks now?! Going swimming with a new tattoo is a big no no as far as I know! It's basically one of the worst things you can do!

Quick Reply