The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

MBA at OU

Hi everyone.
I have decided to study a distant learning MBA course and I am a full time employment.

Looking at the OU and other similar programs offered by other universities such as, warwick and manchester.

Which one do you think is better in terms on the future career and is more employable?

Regards
Reply 1
They're all internationally accredited - if you have the requisite management experience then go with whatever best suits your circumstances.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Reply 2
The OU MBA is double (or triple, I can't remember) accredited. If an MBA is AMBA accredited, it'll be internationally recognised.

As SEHughes said, go with the one that best suits your circumstances. There are all kinds of MBAs, full time (12 months) part time ones where you just attend at weekends etc etc and the fees range from about £14,000 up to around £50,000 so there are plenty to choose from!
Reply 3
Look also at Durham and Edinburgh Business School(Heriot Watt). Both very good. Imperial will good you the university brand (which is important for MBA) but will cost you 27000GBP for the Distance Learning variant.

TBD
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
So which one would you say is the best between the three?
Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by navidsatan
So which one would you say is the best between the three?
Thanks

I think warick has this higher ranked business school...I'm not 100% though, I'll post you the FT link so check back in a minute

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-rankings-2012

yeah, warwick is 27th in the world and Manchester is 31st

OU isn't on there, maybe because it isn't a 'brick' uni, I don't know.

Just research around and see. Most people on here probably wouldn't be able to tell you, myself included. You should take everything I say with a massive pinch of salt...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
I found this Economist guide for 2010 last year. It looks at a selection of international distance learning MBAs. OU & Warwick are rated but Manchester isn't. Note the OU's intake is massive compared to the others. Probably the world's biggest programme.
http://media.economist.com/media/WMBA/WMBA_Special_2010b.pdf
Original post by abbyheat
The OU MBA is double (or triple, I can't remember) accredited. If an MBA is AMBA accredited, it'll be internationally recognised.

As SEHughes said, go with the one that best suits your circumstances. There are all kinds of MBAs, full time (12 months) part time ones where you just attend at weekends etc etc and the fees range from about £14,000 up to around £50,000 so there are plenty to choose from!

THe OU is tripple accredited. Good fees at the OU, i'd go with the them but my BA is with them, might be good to get a different name on the CV. :colone:
Original post by bestofyou

OU isn't on there, maybe because it isn't a 'brick' uni, I don't know.

Correct most league tables do not include OU for this reason.
Reply 9
Hi
Thanks the only qualification I have is the Professional certificate in management from OU and 1 year of management experience.
I also don't have the money to pay in advance, at OU it could be paid on instalments which is easy ...
does any other university offer the same payment scheme and accept "Professional certificate in management"

Thanks

Quick Reply