The Student Room Group

Is ok to wear this kind of bikini with a bigger chest??

basically am fed up of having to pay top prices when i EVENTUALLY find a bikini in my size that gives enough support.

i was wondering would it be too risky (i don't want any cringey incidents) to wear a bikini like this

from primark or whatever and just get it in like size 14?

is that safe? it's just it's not supportive and i haven't had good experience with this type.. so just wondering if there's anyone out there who does this?

SIZE - 32E/F
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
God her chest is so photoshopped it's unreal!! Go for it, unless you have above like DD/E and then I would recommend something with more support because I think it would be more flattering and more comfortable
Reply 2
Try something like that on and jump around a bit to see if there are any spillages/slips?
Original post by Bellissima
basically am fed up of having to pay top prices when i EVENTUALLY find a bikini in my size that gives enough support.

i was wondering would it be too risky (i don't want any cringey incidents) to wear a bikini like this

from primark or whatever and just get it in like size 14?

is that safe? it's just it's not supportive and i haven't had good experience with this type.. so just wondering if there's anyone out there who does this?

If I were you, I wouldn't risk it.
I'm not really the type to sound pervy, but we do need to know what size you're talking here (I'm not going to ask for pictures, I know I wouldn't give them. :colonhash:)
Reply 5
Original post by abc:)
God her chest is so photoshopped it's unreal!! Go for it, unless you have above like DD/E and then I would recommend something with more support because I think it would be more flattering and more comfortable

i am E/F...
Reply 6
If it's just for posing on the beach, then you'd probably be alright :yep: But definitely get another bikini with more support too!

You could always go and try some on in a similar style and see how you feel in them?
Reply 7
Original post by TheSownRose
I'm not really the type to sound pervy, but we do need to know what size you're talking here (I'm not going to ask for pictures, I know I wouldn't give them. :colonhash:)

haha dw.. i edited it into the post i am 32e/f
I say if you got uh flaunt it :wink: lol jk but if e+ avoid those sorts of bikinis
If you got it*
I wouldn't personally risk it or recommend it, but if you're curious, go try one on and see how it is.

Have you tried cheapie big bra things like Brastop.com?
Reply 11
Original post by takethyfacehence
I wouldn't personally risk it or recommend it, but if you're curious, go try one on and see how it is.

Have you tried cheapie big bra things like Brastop.com?

i pretty much hate all the styles... they just look frumpy... plus i'm strapped for cash..
i am E/F...

Im not speaking from personal experience because Im a bloody 30A :angry: (somewhere in the middle would be just right, no? :colondollar:)

But a friend who is a DD wore a bikini like that, and the 5 of us went swimming in the sea...it didnt work out too well for her when she stood up and realised she lost the top, completely. So I would think twice lol.
Just noticed you said you're a 32 e/f, in which case i'd definitely say you need a bikini with more support.
Reply 14
I wouldn't risk trying to keep my E's in there :s-smilie: You can get pretty supportive ones similar to that from Accessorise and Monsoon, under wired and support in the cups rather than just lycra. Me and my F friend swear by them!

http://www.accessorize.com/en/restofworld/tropical-hibiscus-moulded-cup/invt/19740699/

And be careful with white bikinis, no one likes a see-through disaster

edit: We get them in size 14/16 then just tie the back to suit the 32 :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
hey OP :smile:

Im going to try and give a decent answer!

One of my friends has mahoosive boobs (jealous!!!) but i really wouldnt suggest going for such a stringy bikini up top.

Im sure guys would love them spilling out, but this is GUARANTEED, so if your self conscious i would suggest wearing something with a little bit more support. If you dont mind them spilling out quite a bit then go for it :smile:

Why not try them on before you buy and see what it looks like?

x
Reply 16
Original post by Miss_Scarlett
Im not speaking from personal experience because Im a bloody 30A :angry: (somewhere in the middle would be just right, no? :colondollar:)

But a friend who is a DD wore a bikini like that, and the 5 of us went swimming in the sea...it didnt work out too well for her when she stood up and realised she lost the top, completely. So I would think twice lol.

haha oh dear.. that's my main fear..!
Reply 17
Original post by Cariie
I wouldn't risk trying to keep my E's in there :s-smilie: You can get pretty supportive ones similar to that from Accessorise and Monsoon, under wired and support in the cups rather than just lycra. Me and my F friend swear by them!

http://www.accessorize.com/en/restofworld/tropical-hibiscus-moulded-cup/invt/19740699/

And be careful with white bikinis, no one likes a see-through disaster

i tried one of those before and it just ended up fitting weirdly! did she try it on in store?
haha oh dear.. that's my main fear..!

What do you think of this:

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product=&product_ID=FBF-AS3019&cookied=18/04/2012%20013123

Black and white version is nice
Reply 19
i tried one of those before and it just ended up fitting weirdly! did she try it on in store?

We've bought them for two years running now :smile: I will say that some of them come out different sizes, we ended up trying on about three of the same size before finding one that fit well (I've got a peach version in a 16, and a blue version in a 14 that fit the same) Boobs aren't half awkward sometimes -_- Those are the only cheapish ones I've managed to find so far that don't result in spillage, then again I haven't tried them this year

Quick Reply

Latest