The Student Room Group

What's the lowest mark you've gotten in a GCSE/A-Level exam?

1% on a GCSE Maths test (not the final exam) was my lowest ever. I think.
In A-Level, something like 55% for Psychology? Not sure.

Let's hear yours.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
35% on a core GCSE chemistry. Hope not to repeat again :smile:
Reply 2
A C in French at GSCE.
Reply 3
18% in the chemistry as-level paper i did this jan :frown:
Reply 4
Mock Exam for GCSE maths I had 5 out of 100
but in the real exam got an A

AS chemistry this jan - 14UMS =E
I got a C in history in Grade 3 because I couldn't draw a Celtic warrior....
Reply 6
36 UMS(U)- General Studies last Summer :biggrin:
D in P.E I think the fact that I was on crutches during pratical exams had something to do with it..
or it could be me not revising for the exam and being athletically challenged for most of my life
Or it was all a conspiracy to fail the entire year( I mean nearly 50% of the year got Ds or lower)
Reply 8
An E in a chem exam :P
Reply 9
I once got a score of 10 UMS (U) score for one of the AS Physics exams I took - but, in my defense, I did break my arm five minutes into the exam!

My lowest GCSE grade was a C in Astronomy. To be completely honest though... I didn't revise, so I deserved it.
Reply 10
Original post by Lamperouge
I once got a score of 10 UMS (U) score for one of the AS Physics exams I took - but, in my defense, I did break my arm five minutes into the exam!

My lowest GCSE grade was a C in Astronomy. To be completely honest though... I didn't revise, so I deserved it.

how did you break your arm in an exam may I ask??
Reply 11
a B.

OP obviously wasn't successful in English GCSE either, 'gotten' makes me want to cringe.
Original post by HotfireLegend
1% on a GCSE Maths test (not the final exam) was my lowest ever. I think.
In A-Level, something like 55% for Psychology? Not sure.

Let's hear yours.

Erm if we're talking practice exams/mocks I got a U (37% ish I think) on my D2 mock last year (got 100% on the real thing though :tongue:)

If only real exams then 78% on Physics ISA last year.
C in Economics. Which kinda sucked. :l
Original post by g.k.galloway
how did you break your arm in an exam may I ask??

Unfortunately I used to have a very nasty habit of swinging on my chair whenever I was thinking about something. Turns out that the first question of the exam completely baffled me and I swung back a bit too far... and fell very, very awkwardly :colondollar:

You'd think a Physics student would have more common sense than to swing on her chair, but noooo. Oh well. Served me right for being stupid, eh? Plus, the other people in the exam room got their grades bumped for the commotion. In any case, I've definitely learnt my lesson.

(Also, did I mention that the exam was about forces? :P)
Reply 15
Original post by Taurus
36 UMS(U)- General Studies last Summer :biggrin:

I didnt know there was a U grade for general studies :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by Lamperouge
Unfortunately I used to have a very nasty habit of swinging on my chair whenever I was thinking about something. Turns out that the first question of the exam completely baffled me and I swung back a bit too far... and fell very, very awkwardly :colondollar:

You'd think a Physics student would have more common sense than to swing on her chair, but noooo. Oh well. Served me right for being stupid, eh? Plus, the other people in the exam room got their grades bumped for the commotion. In any case, I've definitely learnt my lesson.

(Also, did I mention that the exam was about forces? :P)

Woah o.o

(speechless!)

Why am I imagining either:
a) You were trying to see if your answer on the question paper was correct, and the question was about falling backwards on chairs and the force at which the person hits the floor?
b) The question forced its way out of the paper and hit you, causing you to fall backward?

XD

Original post by hassi94
Erm if we're talking practice exams/mocks I got a U (37% ish I think) on my D2 mock last year (got 100% on the real thing though :tongue:)

If only real exams then 78% on Physics ISA last year.

It can be mocks, but it doesn't have to be. But wow, big improvement.

Original post by 3309will
a B.

OP obviously wasn't successful in English GCSE either, 'gotten' makes me want to cringe.

I'm deaf. :P

EDIT: Got a B, by the way.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by AgZarp
I didnt know there was a U grade for general studies :biggrin:

I was shocked this was even a subject :colondollar:
Reply 18
I remember achieving an A- and I cried for a week.
Reply 19
Original post by Iron Lady
I remember achieving an A- and I cried for a week.

Subject? Actual grade? (Or is this some other board that grades by A+, A, A- systems that I don't know of, or is this the American system?) Why cry? Troll?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending