The Student Room Group

Do you think Obama will be re-elected?

Poll

Do you think Obama will be re-elected?

I don't think Obama will be re-elected. He is generally regarded as a "weak" president and is blamed for the failing economy. What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by thomaskurian89
I don't think Obama will be re-elected. He is generally regarded as a "weak" president and is blamed for the failing economy. What do you think?

It was Reagan -----> Bush II that caused it and Obama really didn't help that much. The most powerful man in the world can't do squat on wall street anymore other than benefit the bankers. shame.
Reply 2
No

He's done a piss-poor job and obviously has a pro-black and anti-white agenda, as proven by his membership of a racist black church.

Of course, people fail to criticise him over fear of been called a racist.
Reply 3
No
Reply 4
Yes.

Romney's Mormon faith will be a huge turn off for people who believe it is a cult.
Reply 5
Yes - chiefly because of his opponent.

Mitt Romney is too inconsistent in his policies and viewed as far too out of touch with the problems which really face America. The financial crisis hit the average American very hard, and anti-wall street sentiment is high. The US has been in a recession for years now with millions facing home repossessions while the banks are bailed out and appear to ride high on a wave of government handouts, facing no punishment for their actions. Romney is seen as too rich and too in league with wall street, not wanting to actually address the problems facing the average voter but to simply make his banking friends richer.

All this makes him an unappealing prospect for the middle-ground independents, and sweeps any accusations that Obama has become too close to wall st under the carpet - it makes Obama look like a man of the people without him even having to try and portray this image, and it's something he'll capitalise on.

Also he's a Mormon. This alone will grate with the highly evangelical sections of the republicans and the tea party movement, which will undo all the benefit of the "anyone but Obama" sentiment.

And he's just unpalatable to Democrats.

So pushing more middle ground voters towards Obama and giving his own core supporters pause as to whether or not to actually back him.
I do think he'll get re-elected. The alternative is Mitt Romney.
Also, he has had a lot of international success- even if there hasn't been a huge amount of domestic success- and the fact that Bin Laden was killed under his leadership is going to count for a lot. Then there's the fact that he's going to have the overwhelming majority of the black vote for obvious reasons.
yes... please please PLEASE yes...
Reply 8
Put Hillary on the ticket aswell then we start talking
Almost certain that he will.
Too early to say anything can happen between now and November. People that say it will almost certainly be Obama are foolish may I remind you of the Republican primaries where a new candidate was being polled at first place every other week back in December.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Yes, the opposition, from what I hear, are divided and incompetent. Not to mention Barack Obama has an excellent personal profile and is a good campaigner.
Reply 12
Yes.
It's a shame Ron Paul isn't the republican candidate though.
Reply 13

I think you are pretty ignorant if you actually believe that he is to be blamed for the economy.

For a start, the stimulus that the Obama administration undertook has been proven to have had a significantly positive effect on the economy, despite the Republicans best efforts at the state level to cut spending. This is the very stimulus that Republicans claimed would send bond yields soaring (they now stand at historical lows FYI)

Considering the fact that the Republicans have behaved as if he has no mandate to govern, obstructing pretty much anything the government proposed to help the economy, Obama has done pretty well, despite inheriting an economy in freefall - in fact, once Obama took office and his policies started taking effect, employment is also starting to pick up.

What I do fault Obama for is not injecting more into the economy by way of a larger stimulus (rather than the Republican's reccomendation of cuts, cuts more cuts, and tax breaks for the wealthy).
(edited 11 years ago)
i've been revising for nearly 16 hours after pulling an all nighter...so when i read the title...i thought it said "Do you think Osama will be resurrected"...I need some sleep

Obama = Yes
I predict that Romney will win the election by a massive landslide

It is even going to be close. Remember what happened in the 2010 mid term? The Democrats got their asses handed to them
Original post by wesjdj
Yes.

Romney's Mormon faith will be a huge turn off for people who believe it is a cult.

So Romney's Mormon faith is a problem but Obamas black-nazi church is not a problem?
Reply 17
Obama will win because he isn't Romney

Press wins again. Shame, really.
Original post by FDR
I think you are pretty ignorant if you actually believe that he is to be blamed for the economy.

For a start, the stimulus that the Obama administration undertook has been proven to have had a significantly positive effect on the economy, despite the Republicans best efforts at the state level to cut spending. This is the very stimulus that Republicans claimed would send bond yields soaring (they now stand at historical lows FYI)

Considering the fact that the Republicans have behaved as if he has no mandate to govern, obstructing pretty much anything the government proposed to help the economy, Obama has done pretty well, despite inheriting an economy in freefall - in fact, once Obama took office and his policies started taking effect, employment is also starting to pick up.

What I do fault Obama for is not injecting more into the economy by way of a larger stimulus (rather than the Republican's reccomendation of cuts, cuts more cuts, and tax breaks for the wealthy).

Republican majority, I'm afraid.

Quick Reply