The Student Room Group

OCR Electronics F614/F615 Control/Communication Systems

Did anyone do the exam today, if you did how did you find it?
I found it incredibly hard, i've probably dropped at least half of the marks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
not too bad. couple of nasy question (regulator and the last one). apart from that, bang tidy. what parts did you struggle on?
Reply 2
Yeah I found it pretty hard, I managed to stuff up the demultiplexer of that memory question and the voltage regulator explanation...(was that 5 marks??). I was aiming high but now, who knows. It'd be nice to see the paper again though just for peace of mind
Original post by gazzagoalie
not too bad. couple of nasy question (regulator and the last one). apart from that, bang tidy. what parts did you struggle on?

I didnt like the voltage follower question or the last one and i thought there were too many questions based around mosfets compared to normal. What did your graph look like for the voltage follower question and what current did you get for 1a)
Original post by kauymatty
Yeah I found it pretty hard, I managed to stuff up the demultiplexer of that memory question and the voltage regulator explanation...(was that 5 marks??). I was aiming high but now, who knows. It'd be nice to see the paper again though just for peace of mind

Same i couldnt remember the mutliplexer bit so i just drew it normally should get half marks or something. It might've been 5 marks but i couldnt see how anyone could write that much about it.
Reply 5
Original post by nebelbon
I didnt like the voltage follower question or the last one and i thought there were too many questions based around mosfets compared to normal. What did your graph look like for the voltage follower question and what current did you get for 1a)

See I wasn't sure about the graph. Obviously cus its a voltage follower the voltage change was the same (I hope it was a voltage graph xD) but it was before the capacitor so I guessed it would have the -2.2V(?) bias on it too since it was like 3 marks. Can't rem current, probably just did v=ir
See I wasn't sure about the graph. Obviously cus its a voltage follower the voltage change was the same (I hope it was a voltage graph xD) but it was before the capacitor so I guessed it would have the -2.2V(?) bias on it too since it was like 3 marks. Can't rem current, probably just did v=ir

I think that's what I did, the same amplitude and frequency just at a different starting point.
Reply 7
Kwl, wish more people would comment though. BTW what did you do with the question about loading addresses? Like it said load 02 to address 04. So is the 04 in Hex or what?
Kwl, wish more people would comment though. BTW what did you do with the question about loading addresses? Like it said load 02 to address 04. So is the 04 in Hex or what?

I wish that too, i didnt think this would get any replys to be honest. I put the 04 as being in hex, it normally is, and also the same with the data. Then CE and W or R respectively.

Was that question about reading or writing to a location. What was the question beneath it about?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by nebelbon
I wish that too, i didnt think this would get any replys to be honest. I put the 04 as being in hex, it normally is, and also the same with the data. Then CE and W or R respectively.

Was that question about reading or writing to a location. What was the question beneath it about?

I think the question was about writing because I remember them giving you another number. I can't rem the question underneath it, just the question about making bigger memory, that was near it. Questions before it were like how many memory locations and stuff.

I can only very vividly remember the questions I was really stuck on...but the rest I just can't rem, probably a sign that I didn't check through the paper properly :s-smilie:
Does anyone have any revision notes they would care to upload for the benefit of everyone ? :smile:
I think the question was about writing because I remember them giving you another number. I can't rem the question underneath it, just the question about making bigger memory, that was near it. Questions before it were like how many memory locations and stuff.

I can only very vividly remember the questions I was really stuck on...but the rest I just can't rem, probably a sign that I didn't check through the paper properly :s-smilie:

Yeah come to think of it it was because the question said about placing data to a specific location in the memory. Then you had to explain it after which was ok because i managed to remember that.
Reply 12
So what kinda score are you aiming for knowing what you've done right or wrong?
Hopefully 60/110
Just got 82 so not too bad, the boundaries were 69 i think for june 11 which is very low for an A
Reply 15
Wait wha? Where did 82 come from? Yeah I'm aiming for an A, sortta need it to get into uni xD. Well hopefully the boundaries will be pretty low again cus june 2011 seems nicer than the one we did.
Wait wha? Where did 82 come from? Yeah I'm aiming for an A, sortta need it to get into uni xD. Well hopefully the boundaries will be pretty low again cus june 2011 seems nicer than the one we did.

I did the june 11 communications paper and got 82/110 :P and yeah i thought it was pretty easier in comparision to the one we sat so i think the boundaries will be sameish.
Was a middle difficulty paper lots of questions and lots of diagrams and block things.
Original post by Aarongreatbanks
Hello, i was wondering if anyone could help me?

I had a business studies exam, OCR, yesterday and i think it went ok. But, i realised that on the last question because i didn't have enough space to write all i wanted to on the last line i write OVER the black line that you're meant to write on.

I could read it because it was only like two lines with the black line going through them. But will the examiner mark it?

Thanks

If its outside of the black border on the pages then it won't be marked that's the only time it wont be marked.
Original post by Aarongreatbanks
i didn't write outside of the given space. But you know the black lines on the page you are meant to write ON. Well i write through them (two of them at the bottom) because i didn't have space. is this acceptable and would it be marked?

yeah thats fine, i do the same thing i write when there are no black lines and to the side.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending