The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Unit 1 Exam, June 12th 2012

First of all, wishing everyone good luck for tomorrow, hopefully it will be okay :smile:

How are you all revising for it? Also, after you've done the exam, how did you find it ?

Interested to know everyone's thoughts on this! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've learnt the textbook quite well cuz my teachers is absolutely atrocious. And done past papers and familiarised myself with what they expect us to say for the repeating types of question like 5 markers for evolution and evaluations and immunisation etc

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
I hate questions with paragraphs of information that you have to evaluate :frown: any tips on those??
Reply 3
Me too, yeah just look at the pros and cons of what's being presented and then give a conclusion:smile:

Reply 4
Original post by Sophie.F.P
I hate questions with paragraphs of information that you have to evaluate :frown: any tips on those??

yeah, just the pros and cons, depending on marks. but for the 6 mark q's our teacher says you have to include a conclusion to get full marks.
How did everyone find it? I thought it was different to most practice papers but it wasn't particularly hard :P anyone going to do an unofficial mark scheme? :smile:

Reply 6
Original post by jorose10
How did everyone find it? I thought it was different to most practice papers but it wasn't particularly hard :P anyone going to do an unofficial mark scheme? :smile:

hmm i guess it wasnt too bad but we hadnt been taught nothing about malnutrition. what did you write for the 2 health problems malnutrition can cause??
Reply 7
Found it very hard and I'm still in shock at how I was getting 100ums in all the other past papers. Just wanna cry now
Reply 8
i thought that was the hardest exam so far out of every biology exam. What did everyone put for the percentage and mean of those graphs?
Reply 9
I thought it was rather hard. What on earth was that gene diagram about
Original post by JU1CY-FRU1T
i thought that was the hardest exam so far out of every biology exam. What did everyone put for the percentage and mean of those graphs?

It was 800 and Sumet but I can't remember
Reply 11
Original post by BossKay
Found it very hard and I'm still in shock at how I was getting 100ums in all the other past papers. Just wanna cry now

this paper was different from the rest, but maybe because it was a touch difficult the grade boundaries might be lower. what did you get for the bar graph question?( about countries that are suffering from malnutrition)
Reply 12
Original post by ClarkyC...
It was 800 and Sumet but I can't remember

I gave up on that one, but talking about it to my mates about the pencentage increase, i look like a doofas :frown: :frown: :frown: :'(

But the found the biology exam quite hard compared to all the others, for example the last question!! " constition "( I think ) - What the heck?! lol
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SmellyK.
this paper was different from the rest, but maybe because it was a touch difficult the grade boundaries might be lower. what did you get for the bar graph question?( about countries that are suffering from malnutrition)

Zambia
Reply 14
Zambia

Zambia? I thought its mozambiqiue
Original post by Sheel1
I gave up on that one, but talking about it to my mates about the pencentage increase, i look like a doofas :frown: :frown: :frown: :'(

But the found the biology exam quite hard compared to all the others, for example the last question!! " constition "( I think ) - What the heck?! lol

That was for the mean increase question the percentage one was increase of 18%
Original post by Sheel1

Not sure may have been, I can't really remember what I put Its all rather confusing lol
Reply 17
That was for the mean increase question the percentage one was increase of 18%

18% Aw, i didn't get that :frown:(
Reply 18
Not sure may have been, I can't really remember what I put Its all rather confusing lol

I totally agree! The wording they used was hard, it's bad for people EG ME! who are not good at english :s-smilie:! ( Pos rate you now :tongue: )

EDIT: I thought's it's mozambique since it had the highest graph
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Sheel1

thats what i initally wrote, but then crossedd it out and wrote South Africa for some reason :s-smilie:
what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like ? :/

Quick Reply

Latest