The Student Room Group

How popular is English and History

This is my chosen degree for university. But I'm really worried that its going to be a competitive course to get on to. Is it more competitive than the two are single degrees? How competitive is it in comparison to other degrees?
Original post by Platostolemysocks
This is my chosen degree for university. But I'm really worried that its going to be a competitive course to get on to. Is it more competitive than the two are single degrees? How competitive is it in comparison to other degrees?

Studying English on its own was quite competitive when I was applying for UG, however the combination of the two should not be quite so competitive. Nice choice of subjects by the way, OP!

EDIT: This is true for my university, however no one could make a sweeping generalisation and be sure about all universities.
Reply 2
I don't know how competitive it is, but I know it is taken very seriously at Nottingham and has quite a large following, including myself with their Viking studies course. Very good combination!
Reply 3
English is the 8th most applied for course. history is similarly popular. Generally, but not always, offers for combined are slightly lower. Where are you thinking of applying
Less competitive than single honours on their own, but not by much and remember that a lot of people will see this as an easier way to get into two of the most applied for subjects. That is not to say that you shouldn't go for it, if you are a good candidate. Don't make the mistake of applying for some single honours and some joint. That's a recipe for disaster.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending