The Student Room Group

I've accepted a place at a Uni, but...

Something has changed in my application. I have gained a maths qualification, that I previously lacked. This has made me want to try my luck with another university (that rejected me two years ago for lacking a maths qualification). However, is it possible to make amendments to my application at this stage, even though I have already accepted a place at another university? Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
At this stage it's too late to add another choice. Your only option to apply there this year would be to give up any offers you already have and to apply through Clearing, which carries the risk of ending up with no place at all.

Have you contacted UCAS to get the new maths qualification added to your application? It needs to be there if you do use Clearing so any universities you apply to have up to date details :yes: You should do this even if you don't plan to give up your place to apply somewhere else, in case you end up in Clearing anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by Potally_Tissed
At this stage it's too late to add another choice. Your only option to apply there this year would be to give up any offers you already have and to apply through Clearing, which carries the risk of ending up with no place at all.

Have you contacted UCAS to get the new maths qualification added to your application? It needs to be there if you do use Clearing so any universities you apply to have up to date details :yes: You should do this even if you don't plan to give up your place to apply somewhere else, in case you end up in Clearing anyway.

Thank you! I got an Unconditional and accepted a place at the University of Ulster! I rang UCAS and they said the only way I can get in this year now is to apply directly to QUB, but most Uni's prefer applications through UCAS. I did however contact QUB about their acceptance of GCSE maths equivalents and they asked for the rest of my qualifications and educational background and said that they were forwarding them to the English Professor. Does that sound like a direct application to you? Either way, I'm definitely going to Uni so I'm happy. It's just that one location will be a little more exciting than the other :smile:.
Original post by Ciarán
Thank you! I got an Unconditional and accepted a place at the University of Ulster! I rang UCAS and they said the only way I can get in this year now is to apply directly to QUB, but most Uni's prefer applications through UCAS. I did however contact QUB about their acceptance of GCSE maths equivalents and they asked for the rest of my qualifications and educational background and said that they were forwarding them to the English Professor. Does that sound like a direct application to you? Either way, I'm definitely going to Uni so I'm happy. It's just that one location will be a little more exciting than the other :smile:.

It sounds more like the person you originally contacted wasn't sure of the answer to your question so forwarded it to the person who makes the decision. It's rare for universities to accept direct applications and they may still say you need to apply through UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending