The Student Room Group

Turnitin

Hi,

Turnitin says my report is 23% similar to the contents stored in their database. Is this figure high enough for my institution to be suspicious and take action or something? The thing is that all the "matched" text I have properly referenced. And plus Turnitin picked up some of the reference itself on the originality report.

I'm using it for the first time, so please advice and reassure an overly paranoid student.
Reply 1
If you haven't cheated then you have nothing to worry about. It's almost impossible for you to flag up as a cheat if you didn't.
Original post by Tycho
If you haven't cheated then you have nothing to worry about. It's almost impossible for you to flag up as a cheat if you didn't.

Thanks!
Reply 3
the program just automatically flags up stuff that is similar then a person from the university will check over flagged things. If the similar stuff is properly referenced as you say and you have not cheated the person who checks it over will see that.
Original post by boba
the program just automatically flags up stuff that is similar then a person from the university will check over flagged things. If the similar stuff is properly referenced as you say and you have not cheated the person who checks it over will see that.

Thanks! My confidence is building up, its just that I am very paranoid about these kinda things..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending