The Student Room Group

2nd Year applying for student finance...

Hey,
I don't know if anyone can help... but...
I'll be going into my second year of study in September 2008. I'm re-applying for my loans now after getting both my tuition fee loan and maintenance grant this year [my first year]. We have the forms but they're different to the ones from last year. We want to go Non income-assessed [as that's what we did last year] but have been told that doing this means I can't get any bursaries or grants.... Basically we're [me and my parents] are completely confused and the student finance people don't seem to want to help us...
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!
:confused:
Reply 1
When you say you are reapplying for your loan, you're not using the same forms that new students are using are you? Because as a returning student, you have a different form to fill in. It should be really straight forward to do, it's just a case of confirming that your details have remained the same. You don't have to send off any evidence again or anything like that.
Ok Thanks, I'll check... I asked the guy on the phone and quoted the name of the form and he said it was all right but i'll look again :smile:
Reply 3
Its easier to do the second year application online. It remembers most of your details so there not lots to fill in. If you go non-income assessed they you won't get grants or bursaries which are based on income you can only get them by going income assessed but you will still get the loans.
Reply 4
~FemmeFatale~
Hey,
I don't know if anyone can help... but...
I'll be going into my second year of study in September 2008. I'm re-applying for my loans now after getting both my tuition fee loan and maintenance grant this year [my first year]. We have the forms but they're different to the ones from last year. We want to go Non income-assessed [as that's what we did last year] but have been told that doing this means I can't get any bursaries or grants.... Basically we're [me and my parents] are completely confused and the student finance people don't seem to want to help us...
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!
:confused:

One of my friends is going through exactly the same situation. Asked me what to do, if you find out any more information could you post it, were not having any luck.
Hey Emma1

We did it online the other day :smile:

Just go on the site and they remember all your details! Thanks for all the help guys!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending