The Student Room Group

changing your driving practical's date

hey guys gonna be booking my driving practical soon but i cannot get a date within 2 months. The nearest dates are in march which are too far away.
i bascially wanted to ask, should i just book it for march and then keep checking for cancellations/changes that i can then change too. Am i charged for changing dates once i have booked and is the process timely to change a date?
answers much appreciated thanks.
Reply 1
No you wont be charged, and yeah your best bet is to book now as your details will all be in the system and in the highly unlikely event it turns out to be the earliest possible date, Anyway there always getting cancelations/new times so just keep checking back, some tests even come up with 4 or so days left before them!
Reply 2
Thank you ++
Also just keep in mind you can only change your test date 3 times.
Reply 4
1 The Legacy
Also just keep in mind you can only change your test date 3 times.

are you serious?
Reply 5
yassir
are you serious?

Yeah, he is. I changed it twice and then got a warning saying I could only change it once more or something like that.
Just whenever you are on your computer have the screen minimised while you are doing other stuff and every few mins open and refresh it. Last year i managed to cut my waiting time down from 9 weeks, to 3 weeks to 4 days just by doing this. However this involved 4 or 5 days of just sitting on the PC in the evening after school doing the above
Reply 7
Hi
This has really helped me too! I failed my practical on tuesday and want to resit it asap so rebooked straight away, but the 'earliest' date i could get was august.

Now at least i know i might be able to find something a lot earlier if i keep checking the website etc. Would it help to maybe phone the centre every so often as well?

Thanks for all your help guys! :biggrin:
Carina1109
Hi
This has really helped me too! I failed my practical on tuesday and want to resit it asap so rebooked straight away, but the 'earliest' date i could get was august.

Now at least i know i might be able to find something a lot earlier if i keep checking the website etc. Would it help to maybe phone the centre every so often as well?

Thanks for all your help guys! :biggrin:

Hi there,
Can someone please answer me how to change the practical driving test centre without cancelling the previuos booking?? I dont know if this is possible or not.
I booked my test date coz i already failed toice and have got the time until end July otherwise Theory is gonna gooooo:confused:
Please tell me if i can change the test centre without cancelling the already booked test
Kind Regards,
Reply 9
Yes it is- you just need to go here: https://driverpracticaltest.direct.gov.uk/logincheck.aspx , enter your license details and then check for closer dates. If you find one that suits- you can change your existing date to that new date.

Alternatively, there are online services to search for driving test cancellations on your behalf, although they will charge a fee.
Original post by marlint
Yes it is- you just need to go here: https://driverpracticaltest.direct.gov.uk/logincheck.aspx , enter your license details and then check for closer dates. If you find one that suits- you can change your existing date to that new date.

Alternatively, there are online services to search for driving test cancellations on your behalf, although they will charge a fee.

Did you not realise you replied to a thread over a year old? :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest