The Student Room Group

St Dominics Sixth Form College?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
ive got my interview tmrw but unfortuantly my friend got rejected and she reallllllllllllllllly wants to got st doms. does any1 know anything about the waiting list and how to get your name on the waiting list? shes very dessperate to get in...
Reply 81
anna93
ive got my interview tmrw but unfortuantly my friend got rejected and she reallllllllllllllllly wants to got st doms. does any1 know anything about the waiting list and how to get your name on the waiting list? shes very dessperate to get in...

Lol i'm one of them aswell, i really wanted to go...ummmm...tell your friend to call from 9am to 1pm and ask for ms darcy and speak to her. They told me to write to the principle and I was like wtf:eek: lol....I might just call on enrollement day and ask if they have any spaces. Btw she can't be on the waiting list unless she was offered to.....also to stay on the waiting list is £5.
Reply 82
GFX-K
Lol i'm one of them aswell, i really wanted to go...ummmm...tell your friend to call from 9am to 1pm and ask for ms darcy and speak to her. They told me to write to the principle and I was like wtf:eek: lol....I might just call on enrollement day and ask if they have any spaces. Btw she can't be on the waiting list unless she was offered to.....also to stay on the waiting list is £5.

oh thnx anyways, but y would u pay if they offered to put u on the waiting list, probably it is if u want to be on the waiting list.. :frown: and wat did u ask ms darcy??
ft1000
just had my interview, went quite well actually, was told there was no reason not to be accepted (good answers, excellent portfolio, good ectra curricular sports etc...) does anyone know when the final decisions will be made. Ice dragoness- did you have urs in the hall or aquinas???

Really? They didn't say that in mine....aww...well good on you anyay=]!

mine was in the hall (hume building). It was meant to be 6.30 but I got a bit lost despite leaving loads of time (apparently I wasn't the only one!) so I turned up at 7.00 and so I got some random other interviewer who had some spare time to interview me.
Unfortunately it was a bit rushed coz of that, and I didn't get to answer/ask questions as completely as I would have liked. =(...at least there weren't any awkward silences except for when I was trying to remember the last question I wanted to ask! :tongue:

They said something bout letting you know in the next few weeks about offers? Also were you guys asked whether you're applying anywhere else?
On the spur of the moment, I told them the truth and said I had applied to woodhouse (stupid of me,seeing as I got rejected there!) and they asked me to say which i preferred. A
GFX-K
Interview where woodhouse or stdoms?

St. doms (just got back from mine!)

Did you get one at woodhouse in the end?
xx
xx glitterpixie
hey
they asked to confirm the info on my application form, and what I wanted to study in uni. She also asked why I wanted to go to doms and what I would give back to the college. They all seem really friendly there so don't worry :smile: Oh, and make sure you take your record of achievements. good luck :smile::smile:

ahh I got the same sorta questions :biggrin:

How long did your interviews last? Mine felt really rushed, probably because I was allocated to the only free interviewer just before they had to leave o_O
Also I took my art sketch book along with my report, and BEING THE LUCKY PERSON I AM he missed all the really good sketches! ahh well I guess that's not too important ...but yeah interview could have gone better otherwise.
Reply 86
ice_dragoness274--- still havent heard from Woodhouse, do you know any1 with a woodhouse interview on Wednesday, glad your interview went well, there was a small awkward silence in mine lol, when he asked why I wanted to come St Doms and gave him a one sentence answer!!!
Reply 87
anna93
oh thnx anyways, but y would u pay if they offered to put u on the waiting list, probably it is if u want to be on the waiting list.. :frown: and wat did u ask ms darcy??

I told ms darcy that you rejected me for the wrong reason and she told me to contact the principle as in write him a letter.

Do you guys this I should do that?:eek:
Reply 88
GFX-K
I told ms darcy that you rejected me for the wrong reason and she told me to contact the principle as in write him a letter.

Do you guys this I should do that?:eek:

yh i think that u should write the priciple a letter. also why did they reject u... how was it the wrong reason and what were ur predicted grades?
Reply 89
anna93
yh i think that u should write the priciple a letter. also why did they reject u... how was it the wrong reason and what were ur predicted grades?

They rejected me because my grades 'didn't meet the admission criteria':s-smilie: ...when it did....I was predicted a couple of A*'s and A's and 1 B :smile:....I know people that got just b's and got an interview...are they being racist to me because i'm asian?
Reply 90
dont think the are being racist, im pakistani, got basically the same predictions as u, and got an interview???
Reply 91
ft1000
dont think the are being racist, im pakistani, got basically the same predictions as u, and got an interview???

Lol i'm pakistani too lol!!!....Duno what to do....how did your inteview go?
Reply 92
GFX-K
They rejected me because my grades 'didn't meet the admission criteria':s-smilie: ...when it did....I was predicted a couple of A*'s and A's and 1 B :smile:....I know people that got just b's and got an interview...are they being racist to me because i'm asian?

i dont think so but they give priority to catholics (even if they get staight C's), then christians then other religions.
Reply 93
anna93
i dont think so but they give priority to catholics (even if they get staight C's), then christians then other religions.

Well then catholics are really lucky lol!
Reply 94
GFX-K
Well then catholics are really lucky lol!

yh lool they really are, so ill tell my friend to ring then up tmrw!!
Reply 95
anna93
yh lool they really are, so ill tell my friend to ring then up tmrw!!

Yep:yep: ....I'm just gonna suck up to the principle LOL!
Reply 96
GFX-K
Yep:yep: ....I'm just gonna suck up to the principle LOL!

what are u ganna tell the priciple
Reply 97
ft1000

GFX-K
Lol i'm pakistani too lol!!!....Duno what to do....how did your inteview go?

HAHAHA i did not know there were so many pakistanis..im one too =P and icedragoness told me she was one too yday so yay! :biggrin:

i had my interview today at st dom's, i think it went fairly well. it took place at the aquinas building and although most people's interviews were rushed, mine seemed to last around 20 mins?!

she asked me just to confirm what i wrote on my application form for the first few minutes, then we discussed my progress file and we started talking about my subjects. was really relaxed and i think it went pretty well =D even though st dom's isn't my first choice - in fact it's one of the last schools i'd go...i think it did make me feel better knowing i did well.

she told me that i'll hear from them in mid-april; she said that my grades were above what they would expect, and that i have been involved in a lot of different things.

does anyone have an interview for watford grammar next week? that is one of my top choices so im just praying 2 allah that the interview goes well...=/
but i'm fairly confident in interviews now, due to how well the st dom's interview turned out =)

xx
Reply 98
anna93
what are u ganna tell the priciple

Just say that they rejected me for the wrong reason.......and that I deserve atleast an interview since I know people that were predicted well lower than me and got an offer....etc

I posted the letter today!:biggrin:
GFX-K
Just say that they rejected me for the wrong reason.......and that I deserve atleast an interview since I know people that were predicted well lower than me and got an offer....etc

I posted the letter today!:biggrin:

Good luck with that. You certainly did deserve an interview!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending