The Student Room Group

Which Books did you study for gcse english/lit?

I did,
to kill mockingbird (exam)
pride and prej
an inspector calls
macbeth =)

Scroll to see replies

heapatep5
I did,
to kill mockingbird (exam)
pride and prej
an inspector calls
macbeth =)

We only studied to kill a mockingbird! How come you did so many? :smile:
Reply 2
proud nd luvin it
We only studied to kill a mockingbird! How come you did so many? :smile:

coursework for the rest =)
the to kill a mockingbird exam was terrible though. urgh:mad:
I studied Romeo & Juliet, Tennyson and Owen poetry and Great Expectations for my coursework.

For my exam I did the play Whose Life is it Anyway?, war poetry and a collection of short stories. They were so utterly **** - they were translated too, not even written in English, no wonder they made no sense!

I did OCR btw :smile:
heapatep5
coursework for the rest =)
the to kill a mockingbird exam was terrible though. urgh:mad:

Did you think so? I answered the one on Boo Radley, and thought it was ok - for english anyway!

I have also studied romeo and juliet :smile:, the crucible :grin: and jane eyre :sleep:
Of Mice and Men, Romeo and Juliet, A View from the Bridge, Sherlock Holmes
Romeo & Juliet, Educating Rita, Great Expectations <<along with Christmas Carol, Signalman, Bleak House) and for exam, To Kill a Mickingbird.

Dahhh feels so long ago ... :p:
Reply 7
I did 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. In the exam I answered the question about Boo Radley, for anyone who did this book! What did you guys think of it? :biggrin:
Reply 8
Of Mice and Men
Lord of the Flies, Romeo and Juliet, Great Expectations, The Crucible and Duffy and Armatige poetry.
Reply 10
Lord of the Flies, An Inspector Calls and War Poetry
Macbeth and Catcher in the Rye (ewww) lol
Shirley Valentine, Great Expectations and Of Mice and Men.
for the actual exam weve studied of mice and men.
and for the coursework: romeo and juliet, frankenstein, a view from the bridge and a movie 'sixth sence'.
I did:
*To Kill a Mockingbird (for exam)
*Frankenstein
*Blood Brothers (for exam)
*Macbeth

& a poetry anthology:smile: (for exam)

I thought all the literature I studied was really good.
-Jekyll and Hyde (for coursework)
-A Midsummer Night's Dream (for coursework)
-Blood Brothers (for coursework)

and then for the exam instead of a book we studied 'short stories'. You guys who studied a book for the exam are so lucky, I really wish I had done a book.
To Kill a Mockingbird, The Merchant of Venice, The crucible, Jekyll and Hyde, Anthology Poetry
Reply 17
Of Mice and Men
Othello
Blood Brothers
The Speckled Band
Reply 18
we studied
To Kill a Mocking Bird
A View from the Bridge
Edexcel Anthology

for coursework
Julius Caesar
Roll of Thunder, Hear My cry
Reply 19
proud nd luvin it
Did you think so? I answered the one on Boo Radley, and thought it was ok - for english anyway!

I have also studied romeo and juliet :smile:, the crucible :grin: and jane eyre :sleep:

same, did the boo radley one, but i had like a mindblock and couldn't remember anything. i repeated myself about 50 times about how boo is portreyed as the mockingbird and a mirror to tom rob! LOL. i think i'll get like a C for that, but hopefully my poetry will bring it up a bit, it was ok...i did storm on the island, patrolling barnegat, the field mouse and sonnet!

Quick Reply