The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JK.
Maths and/with econ. :h:

You see my edit to the last post?
Aha! Why does that combination sound familiar...
EDIT: Oh thats right - Jess was going to do that?

Ross told me you firmed Soton last year to do Mechanical Engineering or something :facepalm2:. Last time I trust a scrote :colonhash:

I got a Christmas job in a toy shop - I had to dress as an elf or a teddy bear for the entire duration of this period. Probably one of the more shameful moments of my life. I am going to try ignore it now. I am also trying not to be ill so often (hardly possible but I try)
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by natty_d
I'm really good. Eman was telling me that you know Birmingham pretty well - so tell me the good things about it :awesome:
He knows as much as I do. :colonhash: We were both at that meet together last year FFS.
Reply 142
Original post by Stricof
Aha! Why does that combination sound familiar...
EDIT: Oh thats right - Jess was going to do that?

Ross told me you firmed Soton last year to do Mechanical Engineering or something :facepalm2:. Last time I trust a scrote :colonhash:

I got a Christmas job in a toy shop - I had to dress as an elf or a teddy bear for the entire duration of this period. Probably one of the more shameful moments of my life. I am going to try ignore it now. I am also trying not to be ill so often (hardly possible but I try)

Nah, she's straight econ. Might be because Natty was applying for it last year.

Oh dear. :facepalm2: Firmed LSE for the same course. But failed. :colonhash:

:rofl2: Sounds... interesting, I can imagine an elf suiting you, though. :erm: Eurgh, sounds ****, hope you manage to. :yy:

You at uni this year, then, or applying for next?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 143
Original post by Stricof

Original post by Stricof
He knows as much as I do. :colonhash: We were both at that meet together last year FFS.

LOL I'm gonna beat him up for his misinformation :colonhash:
Original post by JK.
They're arses about everything, tbh, but yeh that includes retakes. :colonhash:

Not too bothered though, doubt I'd really enjoy studying there and considering the accom I got offered last year, I'd have to stay at home which is something I'd rather not do. :colonhash:

Congrats, man. :yy: other than Spain, what you got in mind atm? :holmes:

Maths with econ :colonhash: Disgusting to even think of a course so horrific tbh. But you could still join the IB&C forum and discuss your obscene wealth and hatred of the working classes. We will be together :moon:

When I was freaking out not finding a grad job I was just looking for local temp stuff but now I have a salary to go to I am planning something more ambitious. After the Spain trip I think I am going to the Nurburgring but am checking tomorrow to see if I can reach the pedals in my friend's track car, he is a beast ffs :facepalm2:

Then assuming my best mate can find a job shortly we are aiming for America. We will have no money by this stage though :cry2:

Did I see you were tempted to travel some of Europe? A couple of us were half heartedly discussing it on the last thread, is interrailing a good idea? Don't know what to make of it, or whether to just fly from place to place as it's so cheap.
Can someone tell me what the **** is wrong with Chelsea atm? :colonhash: They got done by Wolves :facepalm2:
At this rate they'll end up mid table by may :facepalm2:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 146
Original post by Colbert
Maths with econ :colonhash: Disgusting to even think of a course so horrific tbh. But you could still join the IB&C forum and discuss your obscene wealth and hatred of the working classes. We will be together :moon:

When I was freaking out not finding a grad job I was just looking for local temp stuff but now I have a salary to go to I am planning something more ambitious. After the Spain trip I think I am going to the Nurburgring but am checking tomorrow to see if I can reach the pedals in my friend's track car, he is a beast ffs :facepalm2:

Then assuming my best mate can find a job shortly we are aiming for America. We will have no money by this stage though :cry2:

Did I see you were tempted to travel some of Europe? A couple of us were half heartedly discussing it on the last thread, is interrailing a good idea? Don't know what to make of it, or whether to just fly from place to place as it's so cheap.

:rofl2: Nice, I'll make sure I get in first, but then yeh, I'll happily join you. :yy:

Ah wow, sounds amazing. :coma: Many a time have I driven round there on Gran Turismo. :moon: What car's he got? :holmes:

Eurgh, I'm becoming very jealous. Good luck to him, though, America would also be quality. :yy:

Yeh, meant to be doing quite a bit of eastern europe over the summer, then hopefully Italy in September. Not sure what the best option is, tbh. With an interrail pass you can get all over for the best part of a month for around £400-600, dunno how you'd be fixed for finances, I'm guessing not too badly, but apparently planning journeys so you sleep on the trains between places can help save a fair bit on accom. Jess got me the 'Lonely planet guide to Europe on a shoestring', if you're looking for the best options on a budget, you could probably do worse than trying to get hold of a copy. :yy:

Original post by Stricof
Can someone tell me what the **** is wrong with Chelsea atm? :colonhash:

At this rate they'll end up mid table by may :facepalm2:

They're ****ing ****e. :smile:

They'll probably make a couple of much needed buys this month and will start to pick some form back up, can't see them doing anything in the league though. They'll probably just try to ensure a top 4 finish and go for the champs league. Would be such a shame if they fell out of the top 4 though, couldn't happen to a nicer club. :mmm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 147
Come to Soton JK. :flutter:
Reply 148
How you finding it in general? Everything pretty good down there?
Original post by JK.
:rofl2: Nice, I'll make sure I get in first, but then yeh, I'll happily join you. :yy:

Ah wow, sounds amazing. :coma: Many a time have I driven round there on Gran Turismo. :moon: What car's he got? :holmes:

Eurgh, I'm becoming very jealous. Good luck to him, though, America would also be quality. :yy:

Yeh, meant to be doing quite a bit of eastern europe over the summer, then hopefully Italy in September. Not sure what the best option is, tbh. With an interrail pass you can get all over for the best part of a month for around £400-600, dunno how you'd be fixed for finances, I'm guessing not too badly, but apparently planning journeys so you sleep on the trains between places can help save a fair bit on accom. Jess got me the 'Lonely planet guide to Europe on a shoestring', if you're looking for the best options on a budget, you could probably do worse than trying to get hold of a copy. :yy:

His car isn't great but it is massively chavved up. To an embarrassing level, luckily I don't think it is allowed to be driven on the road, but I think it's a glorified Clio or similar :facepalm2: I saw the prices for the tow truck if you break down around the track... it costs £400 for them to release it then some ridiculous amount per metre :afraid: Probably won't even end up going but as it's once in a lifetime I'd be chuffed if it goes ahead.

As for interrail, been checking out the Travel forum recently and it seems to be a mix of people who prefer the interrail ticket and those who reckon it's cheaper just to book individual trains in advance and stick to a schedule. Needs some proper reseach tbh, will check out your cheapskate guide as it sounds perfect :top: I imagine eastern europe would be pretty cheap for accom anyway, like £10 a night or less? Though over a month that would actually be mental :beard: I definitely want to do all this **** before I start work as I probably will never get to do it again, hence the over ambitious expenditure I have planned for the next few months.
Reply 150
Original post by Colbert
His car isn't great but it is massively chavved up. To an embarrassing level, luckily I don't think it is allowed to be driven on the road, but I think it's a glorified Clio or similar :facepalm2: I saw the prices for the tow truck if you break down around the track... it costs £400 for them to release it then some ridiculous amount per metre :afraid: Probably won't even end up going but as it's once in a lifetime I'd be chuffed if it goes ahead.

As for interrail, been checking out the Travel forum recently and it seems to be a mix of people who prefer the interrail ticket and those who reckon it's cheaper just to book individual trains in advance and stick to a schedule. Needs some proper reseach tbh, will check out your cheapskate guide as it sounds perfect :top: I imagine eastern europe would be pretty cheap for accom anyway, like £10 a night or less? Though over a month that would actually be mental :beard: I definitely want to do all this **** before I start work as I probably will never get to do it again, hence the over ambitious expenditure I have planned for the next few months.

:rofl: I can't stand people who do that. I know one lad who actually stuck a sock on his engine to make it sound louder. Then there were the numerous, ' Me doin reverse doughnuts in the snow with my feet out of the window cos ima badman' videos that everyone felt the need to put on fb last month. I'm guessing your mate's car is obviously a little more professionally sorted than those, but still, ****ing idiot chavs. :facepalm2:

**** me that sounds expensive, big circuit as well irrc, **** paying per metre on that. :eek2: You should go for it though, would be immense. :yy:

I'm sure I clicked to watch an interrail 2011 thread or something, but it's not popped up in my watched threads at all so perhaps there's another one I'm missing. I'll def check out the forum a bit better when we get around to properly planning it, though. I imagine that it depends on how many journeys you plan to make, but assuming it's not a silly amount, booking well in advance would probably work out cheaper. :erm: I can't say I've properly look into accom yet, but I imagine eastern europe will be generally cheaper than elsewhere. I think the cost will largely vary depending on what you want, if you're happy to stay in an open room in a hostel you can get places as cheap as £5, I think private rooms in hostels are generally around £15+ per night. Yeh, makes sense to take the opportunity while you have it, best of luck getting as much sorted as possible.
Original post by natty_d
What a day :nothing:

:console: I wish you could stay with me :puppyeyes: i could be your hero babyyyy :suith:

Original post by JK.
Only Southampton atm, adding the other 4 in the next few days. Gonna be 4 out of York/Durham/Exeter/Reading/Nottingham, I think.

What you up to this year?

You are considering durham and didn't mention it?!
Original post by isawsparks89
:console: I wish you could stay with me :puppyeyes: i could be your hero babyyyy :suith:

You are considering durham and didn't mention it?!

I've spent a good 5 mins staring at your sig.
Reply 153
Sorry :colondollar: I was never really sure on it, had I applied I'd obvs had said something, though. :smile:
Original post by Stalin
I've spent a good 5 mins staring at your sig.

I've spent probably five days in total staring at it :h:

Broseph, which college? God, I forgot how ugly the uni is and how beautiful the city is...
Reply 155

Broseph, which college? God, I forgot how ugly the uni is and how beautiful the city is...

Didn't even get as far as looking at individual colleges - it was kinda unclear what they offered in terms of the course, the site says you can take joint honours but there was no option for that on UCAS, all things considered I wouldn't have applied anyway.
Original post by JK.
Didn't even get as far as looking at individual colleges - it was kinda unclear what they offered in terms of the course, the site says you can take joint honours but there was no option for that on UCAS, all things considered I wouldn't have applied anyway.

Ohhhso youre not applying there now? What is your top choice(s)? Where even ARE your choices, you sound like youre doing the same thing as sis and at the same choices of unis whichis a bit :lolwut:
:sexface:

Incidentally, I almost applied to Durham too but didn't in the end because its IR department opened up a mere two years ago. Also, I cba eating school dinners for the first year.

Castle College looks is quite nice; that is, if you get in to Castle.
Reply 159
Ohhhso youre not applying there now? What is your top choice(s)? Where even ARE your choices, you sound like youre doing the same thing as sis and at the same choices of unis whichis a bit :lolwut:

Nope. Probs Nottingham and York, followed by Soton and Exeter, then Reading.